Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many things at play. I think it just depends on what state you are in that thinks is important. Vaccinate everyone? Only in order? WA state is also only like at 80% of vaccines given out because they were trying to be "proper" versus other states of shots in arms.
    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Im still trying to figure out why people even want or need the vaccine? Airlines had the cure the entire time. The next time you fly, take note...When you board and are sitting in your seat, you're required to wear a mask. When the airlines serve snacks/water and grant you permission to take your mask off, no one can get covid at that time, its completely safe. Airline snacks and airline water prevent covid from being transmitted.

For some reason youtube had a bunch of these videos of people getting thrown off planes during boarding who didnt want to wear a mask. People were screaming at them, everyone yelling to throw them off the plane, even clapping when the person was removed. Wonder if those same sheep took their masks off during snack time to eat?

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
        I think it just depends on what state you are in that thinks is important.
        That's the maddening part about this. We shouldn't have 50 sets of rules. In reality, it's even more than that because some cities have their own rules that differ from their state rules.

This is a national emergency. There should be one single uniform national response. Your ability to get vaccinated shouldn't be impacted by where you happen to live.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
          This is a national emergency. There should be one single uniform national response. Your ability to get vaccinated shouldn't be impacted by where you happen to live.
          The only national emergency has been the man made emergency imposed on the economy from the shutdowns.

The misinformation provided by the media has only furthered the problem. Early on, Fauci said there was no reason to wear a mask. Now he says wear two mask. Pelosi went on a parade though San Fransico's Chinatown insisting more should come out. Trump as accused of being xenophobic for stopping air line travel from China. They claim, even if you have been sick, you still need a vaccination.

State to state, there is a huge difference, based on where you live:

California has a population of 39,000,000 people, while that of Wyoming is 580,000.

New Jersey has 1,200 people per square mile, while Alaska has 1.2 people per square mile.

In Maine, 20.6% of the population is over 65, while in Utah it is only 11.1%.

The indecent rate for most of the country is around 10,000 per 100,000, regardless of state.

Comment

That's the maddening part about this. We shouldn't have 50 sets of rules. In reality, it's even more than that because some cities have their own rules that differ from their state rules.

This I agree that there should be a national mandate but there should also be a mandate over whether you are "paying" through insurance for the cost of getting the vaccine or not. My friend went to CVS and they took her insurance and it took forever to get a shot. She happened to get her husband an appointment at a mass vaccine site. No info given so everything was free. But they are married and got it on two consecutive days....funny how one of them paid and not the other.
            LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by myrdale View Post

Early on, Fauci said there was no reason to wear a mask. Now he says wear two mask.
              Yes, that's how science works. As new information becomes available, we change our practices. That's exactly what is supposed to happen.

They claim, even if you have been sick, you still need a vaccination.
              Again, that's science. Current data suggests that after recovering from COVID, immunity lasts 90 days or so, after which your risk of reinfection rises again. So even if you have had COVID, you still need to get the vaccine, though you can probably wait 3 months before doing so.

Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Originally posted by myrdale View Post

The only national emergency has been the man made emergency imposed on the economy from the shutdowns.

The misinformation provided by the media has only furthered the problem. Early on, Fauci said there was no reason to wear a mask. Now he says wear two mask. Pelosi went on a parade though San Fransico's Chinatown insisting more should come out. Trump as accused of being xenophobic for stopping air line travel from China. They claim, even if you have been sick, you still need a vaccination.

State to state, there is a huge difference, based on where you live:

California has a population of 39,000,000 people, while that of Wyoming is 580,000.

New Jersey has 1,200 people per square mile, while Alaska has 1.2 people per square mile.

In Maine, 20.6% of the population is over 65, while in Utah it is only 11.1%.

The indecent rate for most of the country is around 10,000 per 100,000, regardless of state.
                Fauci also said that we will never shake hands again. What a quack. He enjoys the spotlight, thats for sure.

Restaurants, gyms and mom and pop stores were forced to close even though there was no data or no studies that showed transmission rate in said places. Now we're being told you can be 3' from someone, thats the new social distance rule.

I just heard on a podcast about a salon where the hair dresser had covid. 120ish people were exposed to her, close contact obviously, they all wore masks, and not a single one of them were infected. This virus isnt what the experts thought it was going to be. Its not a death sentence. 78% of people who were hospitalized were obese. Why isnt there a public service announcement about getting healthy? Not once over the past year did you hear on mainstream about getting healthy, eating better, making better life choices, taking vitamins, exercising. What a disaster this has all been.

Comment

Yes, that's how science works. As new information becomes available, we change our practices. That's exactly what is supposed to happen.
                  That wasnt science though. Early on when he said that, he did so so the general population wouldnt rush out and buy up all the masks, thus leaving healthcare workers with none. He admitted that. Thats a problem when you know masks work and you lie to protect a certain group of people/workers. He should have been called out on it and he wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by rennigade View Post

Fauci also said that we will never shake hands again.
                    I certainly hope he's right. It was a disgusting habit before COVID. As a doctor, I've always been amazed how many sick people come in to be treated and then want to shake hands on the way out. No thanks. I don't want what you've got. Hopefully elbow bumps become the new hand shakes.
                    Steve

Comment

I just heard on a podcast about a salon where the hair dresser had covid. 120ish people were exposed to her, close contact obviously, they all wore masks, and not a single one of them were infected.
                      Gee, maybe masks actually work. Imagine that.
                      Steve

Comment

Gee, maybe masks actually work. Imagine that.
                        Yes, yet Fauci said they didnt so healthcare workers would have access to them. Thats a problem.

How do you explain how its ok to eat snacks and drink water on a plane without masks though? If they work, why do airlines allow people to remove them if they give permission to do so?

Doubtful you'll answer this because it doesnt fit your agenda, but what are you thoughts on Fauci lying to the public about masks in the beginning so a certain group of people would have access to them? Wonder how many people died or were sick from that decision?
                        Last edited by rennigade; 03-24-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

How do you explain how its ok to eat snacks and drink water on a plane without masks though? If they work, why do airlines allow people to remove them if they give permission to do so?
                          Same reason restaurants do. People have to eat and drink. Planes have extremely efficient air filtration systems. If every indoor space had a similar system, we'd be in far better shape. Masks work, but we can't wear them 24/7. We can never eliminate all risk but we can certainly take measures to reduce risk as much as possible.

Doubtful you'll answer this because it doesnt fit your agenda, but what are you thoughts on Fauci lying to the public about masks in the beginning so a certain group of people would have access to them? Wonder how many people died or were sick from that decision?
                          As a member of the group that struggled to get the PPE we needed, I'm glad steps were taken to discourage the general public from buying it all up. I was (and still am) seeing COVID patients every single day in a small exam room with limited air circulation. We didn't have a steady dependable supply of masks, shields, gowns, and even sanitizer for months. The incidence of COVID among healthcare workers was way higher than in the general population. First priority should be to protect the people at greatest risk.

That said, I'm sure the messaging coming out of the COVID task force was also highly controlled by the administration. How many times did we hear the president directly contradict something Dr. Fauci or Dr. Birx tried to tell us, eventually not even letting the experts speak publicly.
                          Steve

Comment

Actually, if you follow the timeline of information being discovered about the virus, and the direction given on masks, you will see they are very closely tied. In March 2020 the first studies were coming out that showed very high pre-symptomatic and also asymptomatic transmission. Then, end of March/ early April the recommendation changed very quickly to "WEAR A MASK".

Comment

CDC just announced no cruises until Nov 1. We are going backwards again. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3998.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	721182

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
                                CDC just announced no cruises until Nov 1. We are going backwards again. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3998.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	721182
                                guess i'm holding onto CCL awhile longer. I think it'll hit $40 eventually
                                LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X