Post Your Wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

We've had Macs since 1994. No virus worries at all.
    Also a mac user. For most home users, the risk of getting viruses, malware, etc is lower with a Mac (OS) than with a PC/Windows. But that doesn't mean macs aren't vulnerable, and that there are no worries, especially as popularity of OS increases.

DS I'd recommend you at least install something free as a baseline protection. If you view or keep personal financial data, family photos, etc on your computer, it might be a good idea. Heck, I've gotten hits from this site sometimes for malware and other threats.

Comment

I made 1k for 8 hours of data entry work over 2 days I used to do data entry for a chiropractor. She is very, very disorganized, never plan and everything is always last minute fire drill. I've declined her work in the last couple years because I didn't want the madness. She is filling for Covid small business loans and needed all her financials entered into Quicken (but she uses Quicken like excel...lol) so she begged me to help her out and offered $1k so I took it.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

We've had Macs since 1994. No virus worries at all.
        Unfortunately, that's no longer true. My MacBook had a Malware bug that downloaded itself (without me knowing). It made the entire screen go black until I had it taken in and completely scrubbed. Hackers and virus engineers finally found a way into Mac

Comment

My wife has been sewing small zippered pouches that folks use for things like carrying their ID or credit cards or keys or whatever when they're out walking or doing something where they don't want to carry their full purse or wallet. When COVID came along, people started advertising them as a way to carry your mask and/or gloves. A friend said she wanted to buy 6 of them for herself and her family. We went over to see them last night and brought a box full of the pouches for her to choose from. She liked them even more in person and ended up buying 16 of them. They're only $5 each (and we gave her a 10% discount for buying so many) but that's still $72 in her pocket that she didn't have.

Also, the same friend has a marketing background and offered to help my wife sell her wares online (something I've been pushing her to do for years). She helped a friend set up an online "party" for the jewelry she makes and the woman sold a ton of stuff. So we need to get together things she has to sell, get good photos and descriptions of everything, and then our friend will handle actually organizing it all. We shall see what happens.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

We bought my mom's old Prius earlier this year. It had suffered from neglect and had a lot of things wrong with it that we (mostly DH) have been fixing one at a time. This week he went to a junk yard and got a small piece of roof molding that was missing. It was one of those DIY places where you remove whatever part you need yourself. It cost him $4 and some time.

Comment

For June I paid $700 towards my student loans and saved 45% of my income, feeling great!

Comment

Working...
              X