No announcement yet.

Post Your Wins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scfr - When you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs....you’ll be a Man/Woman, my son/daughter! With apologies to Rudyard Kipling. Sounds like you have kept your head during a very tough time! Good for you. I have been watching a lot of My #600 Life. Many are or are nearly bed bound, yet when the doctor asked them why they haven't been eating correctly they blame it on stress and being busy, and I can't figure out how a person that can't get out of bed without the help of 10 good-sized firemen, how are they busy? You have been busy, and most likely stressed, etc. and you have gotten a lot done. I hope your mother is doing well and if she won't be getting better, that plans have been made for your brother as well. Take care!
    Gailete
    http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

• I went ahead and paid our spiteful car off. I thought it was 1.9% financing and it was actually 2.9%, so no use having money in an account earning 2% if I am paying interest. It has started thinking that something is in front of the car and stopping itself at the worst times, so we are getting rid of it sooner rather than later. If not for the skill of the idiots driving behind me, I would have been rear-ended 3 times already in the past month.

I sold MLM at its 5 year high and made a nice little profit.

Comment

• Even though we have always done a great deal of travel, it's primarily been done driving our own car to where we were going. In the past couple of years, we've started doing more air travel which has also meant renting cars at our destination. I joined the rewards program for the rental company we used for our Arizona trip a couple of years ago. We then used the same company for a trip last year in Florida. Those 2 rentals earned us a reward of a free day on our next rental. We are heading to Dallas next month. I just booked our rental with the same company, and by the way, this company consistently has the best prices so I'm not just chasing rewards.

The free day reward saved us $27.55 for our upcoming trip.

In addition, the rewards program has several tiers. The lowest tier is 1-2 rentals. This rental moves us into the next tier (3-4 rentals) which gets us better rewards going forward. I don't know when we'll be renting again but every little bit saved helps trim the travel costs.
        Last edited by disneysteve; 05-10-2019, 05:34 PM.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

• So I finally bought a new vehicle. It was much more frustrating that we expected, especially considering that we get the employee discount so it is basically no haggling, but all three of us love our new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I was losing sleep and starting to panic about the price because it is the most expensive vehicle we have ever purchased, but by the time we factored in the employee price, incentives, trade-in, and our down payment, the monthly payment is under $250. I'm not sure if we will just pay it off in a few months or maybe 2 years.

We also had our new couches delivered today. Again, was apprehensive about spending good money on them and risk our cat tearing them up, but we are really liking how they look in the family room. And now we don't have to be embarrassed when people come for my daughter's graduation party and have to sit on old, broken couches.

And my daughter graduated 8th grade! We have 2 days of rest and then HS marching band starts.

Comment

• Congrats on the new car, new furniture, and graduation! All good stuff.
            Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

• We took a look at our debt payoff plan (like we do every 4 months or so). We've paid off about $20K in debt in one year (we were at $65K this time last year and sitting just above $45K now). Still a ways to go but definitely a win!

Comment

• Sold three of my daughter's textbooks for $63.09. I used Blue Rocket Books as they had the best offer for the books we were selling. I likely could have sold for slightly more on eBay, but with fees it would have been similar and no guarantee of when these art history books would sell.
                My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

• This is probably more of a health win, than financial; but i stopped drinking three weeks ago since I got back from my trip to Belgium. i just wanted to take a break from beer intake for a little bit. Once I go back, i want to limit it to 1-2 beers a week.
                  "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

• Originally posted by cypher1 View Post
                    This is probably more of a health win, than financial; but i stopped drinking three weeks ago since I got back from my trip to Belgium. i just wanted to take a break from beer intake for a little bit. Once I go back, i want to limit it to 1-2 beers a week.
                    Excellent Cypher - I bet you have a bit more money and more energy as well.
                    james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

• A few weeks ago, my wife gave 18 bags that she made (she sews and quilts) to a yarn shop to sell on consignment. We hadn't heard anything so my wife called today to check in and learned that nothing sold the first 2 weeks, which is why we haven't heard anything as she settles with her vendors weekly, but this past week she sold two bags! She'll be sending the payment early next week (she's open Wednesday-Sunday and then does the books after that).

We're not exactly sure of the price of the bags that sold but they were each either $35 or $40, so total of between $70 and $80. DW gets 75% after any CC fee, so at least about $50 dollars and maybe a bit more.

This is the first time she's done anything like this so we're excited. And the shop still has 16 more of her bags to sell.
                      Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by cypher1 View Post
                        This is probably more of a health win, than financial; but i stopped drinking three weeks ago since I got back from my trip to Belgium. i just wanted to take a break from beer intake for a little bit. Once I go back, i want to limit it to 1-2 beers a week.
                        When I told my husband that I wanted to make one last beer run before trying to get pregnant, I could tell by his face that he expected me to say "to Binny's" and not "to Belgium". We went to Ghent anyway. Once you start drinking again, you will probably notice that beer tastes a lot different until you get used to it again. Some of the cheaper beer I used to like simply cannot be tolerated anymore.

Comment

• I won some outdoor furniture for my porch at a local stores give away contest. Just had to like their post on FB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrif-t View Post
                            I won some outdoor furniture for my porch at a local stores give away contest. Just had to like their post on FB.
                            Thats a true win.
                            james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

• I got an email to do a Netflix survey. For completing it, which took about 15 minutes, I'll get one month of free service. I think it's $13 or so per month now. Not bad for a few minutes of my down time.
                              Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by msomnipotent View Post

When I told my husband that I wanted to make one last beer run before trying to get pregnant, I could tell by his face that he expected me to say "to Binny's" and not "to Belgium". We went to Ghent anyway. Once you start drinking again, you will probably notice that beer tastes a lot different until you get used to it again. Some of the cheaper beer I used to like simply cannot be tolerated anymore.
                                I'm still kicking myself for not doing a day trip to Ghent when I was in Bruges for 5 days. I should have cut my time in Amsterdam. As for no alcohol consumption, I'm coming up on 6 weeks and may hold off longer. Still miss my tripel and quads, but in no hurry to find out how different they will taste, along with how my body will react.
                                "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

Working...
                                X