On average, American adults who celebrate Easter are planning to spend about $151 for the holiday. For some, it is a matter of sticking with a family tradition. Others want to take advantage of store sales and various retailer events. But not every retailer is open on Easter, and that can make it hard for families to plan how they spend their holiday. If you were hoping to head to Target on Easter, you are likely wondering about Target’s Easter hours.
Is Target Open on Easter?
No, Target is not open on Easter. It is one of just a few major retailers who close their doors in recognition of the holiday, so some may be surprised by the information.
However, Target is open on each of the days surrounding the holiday. Here’s a look at that schedule for 2019:
- Good Friday, April 19: Target will open according to their regular schedule
- Saturday, April 20: Target will be open regular hours
- Easter Sunday, April 21: All Target stores are closed
- Easter Monday, April 22: Target is open for regular hours
Target usually has Easter items on sale before the holiday, so you just need to make sure you head over before April 20 if you want to take advantage of the discounts on baskets, candy, décor, and more.
On days Target stores are open, most follow a similar schedule. Here is a look at a typical Target’s hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm
- Sunday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Some stores do have extended hours, particularly popular ones in big cities. Additionally, some small town stores may open later or close earlier. If you prefer to shop early in the morning or late at night, you might want to contact your nearest location in advance to confirm that the store will be open before you head out the door.
Are Other Stores Closed on Easter?
While not many retailers close on Easter, there are a few that choose to keep their doors closed on the holiday. One of the major ones is Costco.
Additionally, some stores and restaurants are always closed on Sundays, even when it isn’t a holiday. Two prime examples are Hobby Lobby and Chick-fil-A, both of which never open on Sunday.
However, the vast majority of chain retailers, grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants are open on Easter, relying on their typical Sunday schedule. Independent restaurants and grocers, as well as small businesses, may or may not open on Easter.
If you are planning to head out on Easter Sunday and want to go somewhere specific, it is wise to contact the location and ask about their Easter and Sunday schedules. That way, you do not make a trip only to discover that the business decided not to open on the holiday.
Target Holiday Schedule 2019
Since retailers do not always follow the federal holiday schedule to determine when they are open, it can be hard to plan your shopping. Each retailer controls its holiday schedule, so one chain’s decision may differ from another’s.
Plus, some deviate from the norm, like Target stores closing on Easter when most other retailers are open. This can be incredibly confusing for shoppers.
Target stores all follow the same holiday schedule, which the retailer’s corporate office determines. Here is the Target holiday schedule for 2019:
- Tuesday, January 1: Target is open on New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 21: Target is open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Thursday, February 14: Target is open on Valentine’s Day
- Monday, February 18: Target is open on Presidents’ Day
- Sunday, March 17: Target is open on St. Patrick’s Day
- Friday, April 19: Target is open on Good Friday
- Sunday, April 21: Target is closed on Easter Sunday
- Monday, April 22: Target is open on Easter Monday
- Sunday, May 12: Target is open on Mother’s Day
- Monday, May 27: Target is open on Memorial Day
- Sunday, June 16: Target is open on Father’s Day
- Thursday, July 4: Target is open on Independence Day
- Monday, September 2: Target is open on Labor Day
- Monday, October 7: Target is open on Columbus Day
- Thursday, October 31: Target is open on Halloween
- Monday, November 11: Target is open on Veteran’s Day
- Thursday, November 28: Target is open on Thanksgiving Day, but for limited hours
- Friday, November 29: Target is open on Black Friday for extended hours
- Tuesday, December 24: Target is open, and they’re open extended hours on Christmas Eve
- Wednesday, December 25: Target is closed on Christmas Day
- Tuesday, December 31: Target is open on New Year’s Eve
- Wednesday, January 1: Target is open on New Year’s Day 2020
By referring to the holiday schedule above, you can make sure that you don’t accidentally head to Target when stores are closed. This ensures you don’t have to deal with a wasted trip and that you can get the items you need from your preferred retailer.
Do you plan on shopping this Easter? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
- Stock Market Holiday Schedule 2019
- 2019 Walmart Holiday Schedule
- S. National Park Holidays 2019
- 2019 Costco Holiday Schedule
- Bank of America Holidays 2019
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.