Bank of America Holidays
Bank of America has over 5,000 branches in the U.S. Many people open an account with Bank of America for that reason, as you can almost guarantee to find a branch nearby when you need one.
Like most banks, Bank of America recognizes specific federal holidays. Every Bank of America office and financial center uses the same holiday schedule. This means all of the locations close on the same days, regardless of where their physical locations.
In 2019, Bank of America will close to observe the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day: Tuesday, January 1. Bank of America is closed.
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 21. Bank of America is closed.
- Presidents’ Day: Monday, February 18. Bank of America is closed.
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27. Bank of America is closed.
- Independence Day: Thursday, July 4. Bank of America is closed.
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2. Bank of America is closed.
- Columbus Day: Monday, October 14. Bank of America is closed.
- Veteran’s Day: Monday, November 11. Bank of America is closed.
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 28. Bank of America is closed.
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25. Bank of America is closed.
Closed On Holidays That Fall on Sunday in 2019
There are also holidays where all Bank of America locations are closed, but it is because these events fall on Sundays in 2019. Here are a few examples:
- Patrick’s Day: Sunday, March 17. Bank of America is closed.
- Easter Sunday: Sunday, April 1. Bank of America is closed.
- Cinco de Mayo: Sunday, May 5. Bank of America is closed.
- Mother’s Day: Sunday, May 12. Bank of America is closed.
- Father’s Day: Sunday, June 16. Bank of America is closed.
There aren’t very many banks open on Sundays during the year, so the closures are not technically in observance of the holiday. For example, Bank of America is usually open on St. Patrick’s Day, but March 17 falls on a Sunday in 2019. The same goes for Cinco de Mayo.
Other Open Days for Bank of America
- Christmas Eve: Tuesday, December 24. Bank of America is open.
- New Year’s Eve: Tuesday, December 31. Bank of America is open.
However, if any of the holidays above fall on Sundays in other years, Bank of America will close according to their typical Sunday schedule.
It’s important to note that, even if you head to a Bank of America on the day before a holiday, a holiday can impact processing time. Along with not being open, certain transactions may not go through on holidays or Sundays, so anything that can’t process immediately, like bank-to-bank transfers or non-cash deposits, are delayed.
If you need a transaction to complete fully before a holiday, it’s wise to head to the bank three to five business days before the holiday. This increases the odds that it will complete in time, though, depending on the transaction, that isn’t guaranteed.
Contact Bank of America When In Doubt
When in doubt, contact Bank of America directly to learn about processing times. Then, you’ll know exactly when you need to head to your nearest location. If you can’t get through using the regular customer service number, call 704-386-5687 – the number to Bank of America Executive Customer Relations, where someone can likely help you more quickly or transfer you to someone who can. Just be aware that that is not a toll-free number, so long distance charges may apply if your calling plan does not provide free long distance calling.
What Are Bank of America’s Regular Opening Hours?
Not every Bank of America office, financial center, or branch follows the same schedule, except when it comes to holiday and Sunday closures. There regular operating hours can vary, so you’ll need to check with your preferred location to get exact opening hours.
However, in general, if you use the times below to as a basis for planning, Bank of America locations usually follow a similar schedule:
- Monday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Sunday: closed
Otherwise, either use Bank of America’s online tool to check before you head out the door or contact your destination branch to confirm their hours.
ATM and Online Banking
And, remember, if you can complete your transaction using an ATM or with online banking, you don’t have to worry about the hours. You can use any ATM outside, barring technical issues, 24/7. Similarly, you can handle tasks like transferring funds and paying bills through the online portal anytime, as long as the system isn’t down for maintenance. However, keep in mind that a holiday can delay how long it takes the transaction to fully process, so make a note of your activity and anticipate a longer wait for the transaction to complete.
Have you ever needed to go to the bank on a holiday? Tell us how you handled it in the comments below.
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
- Sam’s Club Hours and Holiday Schedule
- 2018 Costco Holiday Schedule
- Is the Stock Market Open on Christmas Eve 2018?
- Target Holiday Schedule 2018 and Store Hours
- 2018 Walmart Holiday Schedule
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.