Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiverr Is My Newest Pick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    lol I bought 8 more shares @ $242 on the dip today. seems to have been ok w/ the rebound! But I'm still dinged from buying in another chunk @ like $300 level. (someone had to buy there... mite has well have been me). Again, we're all going LONG on this one (right?) at least thats my plan. Plus I'm still supposed to start my FVRR purchases soon (my little side project I wanted some alternative artists support to fulfill).

    Comment


      Originally posted by amarowsky View Post
      lol I bought 8 more shares @ $242 on the dip today. seems to have been ok w/ the rebound! But I'm still dinged from buying in another chunk @ like $300 level. (someone had to buy there... mite has well have been me). Again, we're all going LONG on this one (right?) at least thats my plan. Plus I'm still supposed to start my FVRR purchases soon (my little side project I wanted some alternative artists support to fulfill).
      Yup, still have my 2469 shares. Buy and hold until death. Pass them on to your grand kids

      Comment


        Originally posted by jeffmem View Post
        Looking over their latest financial report, it appears they are still burning through money with a quite significant net loss, unless I am reading things wrong....
        Already dished out a warning about the superbowl commercials cost. Fiverr is perhaps the fastest startups that got to be slightly profitable in less than a years time after ipo. The beginning phase is all about capturing the user base, which requires a lot of marketing.

        Comment


          700m dollars offering of ordinary shares.. this is why the stock drop. Usually recovers in a few days if macro is coop.

          https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=18066707

          Comment


            Originally posted by Singuy View Post
            700m dollars offering of ordinary shares.. this is why the stock drop. Usually recovers in a few days if macro is coop.

            https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=18066707
            gonna buy more

            Comment


              Originally posted by Singuy View Post
              700m dollars offering of ordinary shares.. this is why the stock drop. Usually recovers in a few days if macro is coop.

              https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=18066707
              I don't like when companies offer more stock, but as they spent so much money they almost have to. haha. I have another buy order in at 245, but doubt it will reach it. But we will see, with how crappy the markets are the last 10 days, it could go back down again.

              Comment


                Originally posted by jeffmem View Post

                I don't like when companies offer more stock, but as they spent so much money they almost have to. haha. I have another buy order in at 245, but doubt it will reach it. But we will see, with how crappy the markets are the last 10 days, it could go back down again.
                It does seem odd to raise capital via share dilution. They can get money at near 0% interest, why sell more shares?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by corn18 View Post

                  It does seem odd to raise capital via share dilution. They can get money at near 0% interest, why sell more shares?
                  Companies usually go for the dilution after a good stock run up. To them it is free money. I have a feeling fvrr is looking for more acquisitions using this cash. Also debt is not very free for companies with junk bond ratings. However you can decrease your bond interest rates if you have a solid balance sheet, especially now with the offering.

                  I see high flyers high PE stocks doing offering as a good thing. They are essentially taking profits on the backs of short term YOLO traders for a more secure future. As a long term holder, offer away.
                  Last edited by Singuy; 03-03-2021, 08:47 PM.

                  Comment


                    Ah my gah https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...ing-2021-03-04

                    They probably were shocked with the dip yesterday after their announcement lol
                    Last edited by CHH1023; 03-04-2021, 05:52 AM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Singuy View Post

                      Companies usually go for the dilution after a good stock run up. To them it is free money. I have a feeling fvrr is looking for more acquisitions using this cash. Also debt is not very free for companies with junk bond ratings. However you can decrease your bond interest rates if you have a solid balance sheet, especially now with the offering.

                      I see high flyers high PE stocks doing offering as a good thing. They are essentially taking profits on the backs of short term YOLO traders for a more secure future. As a long term holder, offer away.
                      This is why I will never be a good growth investor. I would be pissed off if I bought last week and then they announced this.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by corn18 View Post

                        This is why I will never be a good growth investor. I would be pissed off if I bought last week and then they announced this.
                        If you care about day to day fluctuations then you will be a terrible growth investor. The first thing I said about a growth company like fiverr is to expect 10% hair cut from time to time. We had about 4 of them since I started this thread but fiverr managed to x 5 peoples money if they just held through all of then.

                        Comment


                          Ugh, my AMD is back down to my original buy price. Certainly did not think AMD was over bought, or perhaps it is just down with the market overall.

                          I am now up to 211 shares of FIVVER. It pails in comparison to Singuy's, but still. haha.

                          And yes, I agree with you, if you hold through these downward cycles generally it will go up 5x, I would expect Fivver to hit 350-400 and be stable around that price now by the end of the year. I hope I am not expecting too much, but with the way things are going, it certainly seems possible. Fivver has had much more than a 10% haircut, the entire market just got a 20% haircut. I think I am down close to 60k during these last few weeks. Though still up for the year. But if the sell off continues, I will start going red on many other companies, sad, but a fact of a life.

                          Comment


                            How much of a drop after a share dilution is normal? I think I want to buy a bit more
                            LivingAlmostLarge Blog

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
                              How much of a drop after a share dilution is normal? I think I want to buy a bit more
                              They cancelled the offer, so what is happening now is not because of share dilution.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by corn18 View Post

                                They cancelled the offer, so what is happening now is not because of share dilution.
                                I saw that after i posted I Wonder what will happen
                                LivingAlmostLarge Blog

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X