No announcement yet.

Fiverr Is My Newest Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i sold all but my profits of SPOT (one of the 2 stocks I tried out this year). SO I'm just playing w/ house money, albiet very small amount. Kept 8 shares of SPOT profit (not bad for only a 8k investment 2 months ago). And rebought 4 shares of FVRR at the $231 number. Looks like it's doing a little wobble back up, so maybe this move will have been worth while to start the bounce buys.

Comment

UBS is a big fat bear on growth stocks. They have been crapping on Tesla since the beginning of time and look where it got them? I put about zero weight on their ratings. At least Goldman pivots and doesn't choose a hill to die on.

Comment

Originally posted by Singuy View Post
        UBS is a big fat bear on growth stocks. They have been crapping on Tesla since the beginning of time and look where it got them? I put about zero weight on their ratings. At least Goldman pivots and doesn't choose a hill to die on.
        That's what it seems like. I hate banks in general, but... alas... they talk, some people listen...

I am wondering where the new bottom is, it is down 229 in premarket now.. I would like to buy more, but I want it at a better price, but this $50 drop in the last week is kinda daunting , I wonder if the UBS news is what is driving it, or what...

Comment

The strongest support is usually the 20 days moving average or 50 days moving average. We are pretty close to those. The drop premarket today seem to be related to elons tweet about liking Etsy, which some people probably did some transitioning.

Comment

Seems like might be time to buy a few more shares then.

Comment

Just to add a little ballast (revenue) to the FVRR ship! I have been browsing their artists & illustrators recently. Thinking about dropping $$ - $$$ on getting 5-20 variations of some artwork! Pretty cool to think for an avg price of $5-20 you can get tons of different artists perspectives/style on an Idea you want to come to life.

Excited to see what kind of results I get for this price point. Trying to temper my expectations though.... Going to weigh quantity ($5 ones) over quality ($20-60) ones. To see how it all shakes out.

Comment

man had this been around when I was a kiddo (14-20) I may have pivoted in my career. And stayed in graphic design & animation, as a freelancer (at least to bootstrap my career). And it would have been fun to offer illustrations for people too (and a great opportunity to create more artwork & get better). I could think of worse ways to spend an hour, listening and/or 50% watching something, while sketching out some art for people. Would have been a fun way to grow my skills and make a few $$'s to fund my hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by amarowsky View Post
                  Just to add a little ballast (revenue) to the FVRR ship! I have been browsing their artists & illustrators recently. Thinking about dropping $$ - $$$ on getting 5-20 variations of some artwork! Pretty cool to think for an avg price of $5-20 you can get tons of different artists perspectives/style on an Idea you want to come to life.

Excited to see what kind of results I get for this price point. Trying to temper my expectations though.... Going to weigh quantity ($5 ones) over quality ($20-60) ones. To see how it all shakes out.
                  My old partner did this to get a logo for a side business venture he had started. He spent next to nothing and got a bunch of great options.
                  Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                  * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                  * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                    My old partner did this to get a logo for a side business venture he had started. He spent next to nothing and got a bunch of great options.
                    Motivating news! Thank you for sharing Steve

I have been making some text designs (super basic) for a local park I love to death. It's (in my opinion) the Jewel of Metro Detroit/Wayne County (Hines Drive Park). I like to promote it so people can enjoy nature, get exercise, and maintain the park (it's huge, 17 miles long - indexing along the infamous rouge river). I've worn my dorky simple logo Shirts that say "Hines Drive" and have had others randomly complement me on walks & hikes. So I wanted to increase the variety of designs, so there is a "shirt" for everyone to promote.

Hines is kinda cool because it was bought by Henry Ford wayyy back in the day. And he built it as a direct drive from his Hydro electric plants along the rouge (@ northville & Livonia MI) to lead right down to his Dearborn buildings. He eventually leased it to Wayne County parks for $1 a year. (kind of a gift to detroit). I can't express how important this park has been to me (especially during lockdown). So I hope to use excess shirt sales to donate to the park to help keep it clean, safe, and preserved. (right now my only donations are - beginning of every month I walk my 3 mile loop w/ a garbage bag & pickup all the litter along my hike). Then I let it aggregate until next month! <--- my little way to pay back something, after receiving so much.

Hearing this from you Steve, makes me want to pull the trigger on some of those TONIGHT! (When I do pull the trigger, I'll report back my feedback in here to share w/ the gang). After all.... we all(many of us) are part owners in FVRR now. Mite as well get some use out of this growing behemoth.

Comment

I have 4 pending projects with FIVRR, problem for me is that I am lazy to get them started. I got plenty of offers and plenty of samples, and the communication and pricing was good. Some of them were so so, so I dropped them, but overall, for the price some of the designers are offering, they are pretty ok. A lot of them from India and Pakistan are agents and they run a team, the guy who answers you is the front man taking orders, then passes it on to his colleagues. This could go either way. I had had problems with Indian designers in the past from another website that is probably now defunt as I cannot even remember the name of it. Elance also was not good. But if you are not picky you can get something done quickly and cheaply, but if you want something extremely high quality, you are going to pay more for it. That's just how it is.

Comment

Ouch guess I should have waited the FVVR sell off is bigger. I bought more at 230, now down to 218, will it go back under 200???? dang... Quite a speedy sell off today.

Comment

Bought more on the dip today at $215.
                          Last edited by parafly; 01-26-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Three news agencies have now given Fiveer the thumbs down..... Sad....

Fiverr Stock Is a High Flier Set to Come Down, Says Analyst -- Barrons.com

11:56 am ET January 26, 2021 (Dow Jones) Print

By Eric J. Savitz
                            Shares of the online-freelancing platform Fiverr International had a stunning rally in 2020, appreciating 730% as the company's business got a lift from the Covid-19 pandemic -- and the stock has continued to levitate in 2021. But in the view of at least one analyst, enough is enough.

MKM Partners analyst Rohit Kulkarni on Tuesday cut his rating on Fiverr (ticker: FVRR) stock to Sell from Neutral, even as he lifted his price target to $185 -- still below the current market price -- from $145. The analyst has been generally bullish on Fiverr's business, and points out that his earnings and sales estimates are above Street estimates. But he thinks the valuation has reached extreme, unsustainable levels.

Kulkarni notes that as of Monday's close, Fiverr was trading at 36 times his 2021 revenue estimate, "above historical peak of any other internet marketplace in recent times." He notes that Fiverr's valuation now exceeds that of Zoom Video Communications (ZM) and other pandemic-era winners.

"We believe Fiverr's fundamentals are significantly stronger as the pandemic has accelerated the secular shift to online freelancing," he writes. "We are positive on Fiverr's long-term prospects and business model potential. However, shares are trading at feverish valuation levels."

He notes that while Fiverr trades at about 27 times estimated 2022 revenue, while other online businesses such as Match Group (MTCH), Chegg (CHGG), and Etsy (ETSY) trade between 12 times and 15 times estimated 2022 revenue. He notes that software-as-service companies tend to trade in the 25-to-30 times sales range -- but he contends the SaaS companies have better revenue quality compared with a transaction-driven two-sided market such as Fiverr.

Kulkarni notes that he looked back to the bubble period of 20 years ago to find any companies with comparable valuations. He reports that Booking Holdings (BKNG) and eBay (EBAY) both briefly topped 35 times sales. Amazon.com (AMZN) never traded above 30 times. Twitter (TWTR) did briefly, but then corrected sharply. "All in, comparing 1999-2000 to today's valuation levels has several caveats, however, we think there's extreme optimism baked into certain stock prices today, and premium valuation multiples imply a razor-thin margin of error for those companies," he writes.

Always volatile, Fiverr stock is down 5.3% to $223.07 in Tuesday trading. After last year's astonishing rally, the stock appreciated another 38% before peaking at $270.05 at the close on Jan. 14. The stock is still up 14% for the year to date.

Write to Eric J. Savitz at eric.savitz@barrons.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
                            January 26, 2021 11:56 ET (16:56 GMT)
                            Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
                            Last edited by james.hendrickson; 01-27-2021, 07:49 AM. Reason: removed extra spacing.

Comment

And just like that it bounced off 50 days moving average.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmem View Post
                                Three news agencies have now given Fiveer the thumbs down..... Sad....

Fiverr Stock Is a High Flier Set to Come Down, Says Analyst -- Barrons.com

11:56 am ET January 26, 2021 (Dow Jones) Print

By Eric J. Savitz
                                Shares of the online-freelancing platform Fiverr International had a stunning rally in 2020, appreciating 730% as the company's business got a lift from the Covid-19 pandemic -- and the stock has continued to levitate in 2021. But in the view of at least one analyst, enough is enough.

MKM Partners analyst Rohit Kulkarni on Tuesday cut his rating on Fiverr (ticker: FVRR) stock to Sell from Neutral, even as he lifted his price target to $185 -- still below the current market price -- from $145. The analyst has been generally bullish on Fiverr's business, and points out that his earnings and sales estimates are above Street estimates. But he thinks the valuation has reached extreme, unsustainable levels.

Kulkarni notes that as of Monday's close, Fiverr was trading at 36 times his 2021 revenue estimate, "above historical peak of any other internet marketplace in recent times." He notes that Fiverr's valuation now exceeds that of Zoom Video Communications (ZM) and other pandemic-era winners.

"We believe Fiverr's fundamentals are significantly stronger as the pandemic has accelerated the secular shift to online freelancing," he writes. "We are positive on Fiverr's long-term prospects and business model potential. However, shares are trading at feverish valuation levels."

He notes that while Fiverr trades at about 27 times estimated 2022 revenue, while other online businesses such as Match Group (MTCH), Chegg (CHGG), and Etsy (ETSY) trade between 12 times and 15 times estimated 2022 revenue. He notes that software-as-service companies tend to trade in the 25-to-30 times sales range -- but he contends the SaaS companies have better revenue quality compared with a transaction-driven two-sided market such as Fiverr.

Kulkarni notes that he looked back to the bubble period of 20 years ago to find any companies with comparable valuations. He reports that Booking Holdings (BKNG) and eBay (EBAY) both briefly topped 35 times sales. Amazon.com (AMZN) never traded above 30 times. Twitter (TWTR) did briefly, but then corrected sharply. "All in, comparing 1999-2000 to today's valuation levels has several caveats, however, we think there's extreme optimism baked into certain stock prices today, and premium valuation multiples imply a razor-thin margin of error for those companies," he writes.

Always volatile, Fiverr stock is down 5.3% to $223.07 in Tuesday trading. After last year's astonishing rally, the stock appreciated another 38% before peaking at $270.05 at the close on Jan. 14. The stock is still up 14% for the year to date.

Write to Eric J. Savitz at eric.savitz@barrons.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
                                January 26, 2021 11:56 ET (16:56 GMT)
                                Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
                                Lol okay. Stock goes up, stock goes down. Thanks barron.

Comment

Working...
                                X