Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaccination free for-all

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ua_guy View Post

    India called, and she said no, it's not over yet.

    It's like we're watching all of the mistakes we just made in the US happen all over again, three times worse.
    Always something new to fear. Two months ago it was The Variants. The CDC chief bawling about it. That didn’t work out. Now it’s India.

    Comment


      Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

      About 2/3 of the country still isn't vaccinated, and globally 96% isn't vaccinated. This pandemic is far from over. Look at India where they are seeing over 400,000 new cases every day.

      Much of "normal" life has resumed. Restaurants are open. Movie theaters have started to reopen. Live music is coming back. Broadway announced their reopening plans. There are fans in the stands at sporting events. Air travel is the highest it's been since the pandemic started. Heck, I've flown twice in the past two months myself and my wife is flying again tomorrow. We're going to a Bat Mitzvah in 2 weeks, the first in-person gathering we will have attended in over 14 months.

      So yes, we're still wearing a mask. Big deal. It's really not that difficult even though so many people still can't manage to do it right. Other than the mask, what part of "life as we knew it" hasn't at least partially if not fully resumed or is on the verge of resuming?
      Wearing a mask is a huge thing. Humans weren’t designed to have their faces covered for years. It’s not normal, and there are tremendous repercussions for mandating it. Ask your behavioral health colleagues. Besides all of that, it didn’t work anyway. Look at the trend lines of the lockdown states versus the Neanderthal states. The former were no better off, and often, worse off.

      Other than some CDC self-serving propaganda, there is little actual evidence to support that human behavior altered the trajectory of this virus one way or the other.

      Comment


        And if you really think the mask mandate is out of genuine belief in science, why is Joe Biden pictured in the login room of Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter, with no mask on. Three minutes later, he’s emerging from the house with a mask on for the cameras.

        This is a complete, utter farce.

        Comment


          Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post

          Always something new to fear. Two months ago it was The Variants. The CDC chief bawling about it. That didn’t work out. Now it’s India.
          Pandemics are complex. That's just the way it is. Different regions of the world are struggling with it in different ways and at different times. The big outbreak recently discussed follows a religious holiday when millions gathered for an annual pilgrimage. Is anyone shocked?

          Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post
          And if you really think the mask mandate is out of genuine belief in science, why is Joe Biden pictured in the login room of Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter, with no mask on. Three minutes later, he’s emerging from the house with a mask on for the cameras.

          This is a complete, utter farce.
          The Carters are vaccinated and so is Biden. Personally, I am comfortable not wearing a mask around known-vaccinated others, like family and good friends.


          Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post

          Wearing a mask is a huge thing. Humans weren’t designed to have their faces covered for years. It’s not normal, and there are tremendous repercussions for mandating it. Ask your behavioral health colleagues. Besides all of that, it didn’t work anyway. Look at the trend lines of the lockdown states versus the Neanderthal states. The former were no better off, and often, worse off.

          Other than some CDC self-serving propaganda, there is little actual evidence to support that human behavior altered the trajectory of this virus one way or the other.
          The same thing can be said about pants.

          Masks do work, and so does distancing - when people strictly observe those things. When people don't observe those things, they don't work. It's not rocket science. You can't get Coronavirus if you aren't near it. A recent study suggested the 6' rule may not be as effective as hoped, which gives credence to the idea that people should not gather indoors with the public if it can be avoided. Just like we've been told all along.
          Last edited by ua_guy; 05-06-2021, 08:02 AM.

          Comment


            If the 6' rule may not be enough, why is it in schools 3' is now adequate? This new ruling baffles my mind.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ua_guy View Post
              Personally, I am comfortable not wearing a mask around known-vaccinated others, like family and good friends.
              Yes. Masks are not needed if everyone is vaccinated. Once my mother, wife, and I were fully vaccinated, we stopped wearing masks when we're with her in her apartment. We still wear one going through the public areas of her building of course since there are unvaccinated people living there and we respect that.
              Steve

              * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

              Comment


                CDC Updates Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools to Reflect New Evidence on Physical Distance in Classrooms | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

                Comment


                  Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
                  If the 6' rule may not be enough, why is it in schools 3' is now adequate? This new ruling baffles my mind.
                  Good question.

                  Studies were produced which indicated *with proper ventilation, *with proper cleaning of air, *while everyone wears masks *with rooms only filled to a specific capacity, children can resume going to school, and they can do so fairly safely against their risk of infection. What the study described was unobtainable for the majority of schools, but mobs of angry parents demanded state-sponsored childcare for their children resumed, no matter what. And so students and teachers were sent back, many against their will, not yet vaccinated, into environments which increased their risk of infection.

                  With perfect protocol, and given the reduced risk of severe infection in children, the 3' rule was coined, but notice in the CDC guidance you posted, it often makes a case for being more cautions than just 3'. Does it really mean anything? Personally, I don't think so. Maybe better than nothing, but given the choice, I would follow the safer rule, do not gather in numbers in enclosed spaces or learn remotely when possible.

                  This one was really about the angry mobs of parents who couldn't deal with their kids at home. There are several educators in our family and every single one of them was opposed to resuming in-person learning too early and without the chance to first get vaccinated.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ua_guy View Post

                    This one was really about the angry mobs of parents who couldn't deal with their kids at home. There are several educators in our family and every single one of them was opposed to resuming in-person learning too early and without the chance to first get vaccinated.
                    Same here. I have many friends and family members who are educators. They were 100% opposed to returning to in-person learning until they were able to be fully vaccinated. The fact that many districts forced them to return is criminal.

                    And it's working so well, of course. I saw a teacher patient 2 days ago. She said that more than 20 students in her school are currently out with COVID. She also said that they are no longer requiring exposed contacts to quarantine, so I'm sure the number of cases will just continue to increase.
                    Steve

                    * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ua_guy View Post

                      Pandemics are complex. That's just the way it is. Different regions of the world are struggling with it in different ways and at different times. The big outbreak recently discussed follows a religious holiday when millions gathered for an annual pilgrimage. Is anyone shocked?



                      The Carters are vaccinated and so is Biden. Personally, I am comfortable not wearing a mask around known-vaccinated others, like family and good friends.




                      The same thing can be said about pants.

                      Masks do work, and so does distancing - when people strictly observe those things. When people don't observe those things, they don't work. It's not rocket science. You can't get Coronavirus if you aren't near it. A recent study suggested the 6' rule may not be as effective as hoped, which gives credence to the idea that people should not gather indoors with the public if it can be avoided. Just like we've been told all along.

                      Number one, there is no evidence outside of CDC propaganda that human behavior worked. Look at actual cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, by state. It didn't work. I can produce chart after chart of real, unopinionated, hard data that will tie up all of the bandwidth for this message forum.

                      Number two, what Biden or you is personally comfortable with is precisely the point: The ruling class does what they are comfortable with, and brandishes draconian recommendations - and requirements - for everyone else. This is America. We all should be able to do what we are comfortable with - not just you and Joe Biden.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post
                        Number two, what Biden or you is personally comfortable with is precisely the point: The ruling class does what they are comfortable with, and brandishes draconian recommendations - and requirements - for everyone else. This is America. We all should be able to do what we are comfortable with - not just you and Joe Biden.
                        No, really, the CDC published guidance on post-vaccinated masking behavior.

                        https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...accinated.html

                        If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
                        • You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ua_guy View Post

                          No, really, the CDC published guidance on post-vaccinated masking behavior.

                          https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...accinated.html
                          You might check with Joe Biden's Executive Order requiring masks in all federal buildings, agencies, and airports.

                          https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-mask-wearing/


                          I assume that Jimmy Carter's house is exempt, but his driveway isn't. You're being played.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post

                            You might check with Joe Biden's Executive Order requiring masks in all federal buildings, agencies, and airports.

                            https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-mask-wearing/


                            I assume that Jimmy Carter's house is exempt, but his driveway isn't. You're being played.
                            You're nit-picking a really meaningless point here, and trying to sow the same doubt, false accusations, and fear-mongering, using all the telltale buzzwords. "They" and "ruling class" and "elite". Yawn. Biden didn't wear a mask in Jimmy Carter's living room, his own home, where everyone was vaccinated? Nobody cares. And the CDC agrees it was safe to do so.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post

                              Always something new to fear. Two months ago it was The Variants. The CDC chief bawling about it. That didn’t work out. Now it’s India.
                              This is what we call fear porn. People need their fix and mainstream are the dealers...and a LOT of people are addicted.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by rennigade View Post

                                This is what we call fear porn. People need their fix and mainstream are the dealers...and a LOT of people are addicted.
                                But watch out, "the gubmint"!!! ...gonna gitcha.

                                Yeah, fear porn. Pot, Kettle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X