This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I'm not looking up the exact numbers but I think there have been something like 9,200 cases of post-vaccination COVID out of over 105,000,000 fully vaccinated people. That's as damn close to 100% as you're ever going to see.

"Cure" is the wrong word though because that would mean the shot would fix someone who has COVID. The shot PREVENTS the disease; it doesn't cure it.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the leading causes of death and well, even obesity--if there was a vaccine that would cure these diseases--I think most people would take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Like2Plan View Post

I was thinking more along the lines of the leading causes of death and well, even obesity--if there was a vaccine that would cure these diseases--I think most people would take it.
      Understood. I think we misread your comments as saying the COVID vaccine was a cure.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by rennigade View Post

But we know that 3/4 of people that were hospitalized were obese. Why hasn't anyone addressed this? Why won't any doctor touch that subject?
        Rennigade, just to add to this, you're raising a fair point. AND, it could also be that obesity is a marker for something else, like heart disease, or lack of physical exercise.
        james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

Rennigade, just to add to this, you're raising a fair point. AND, it could also be that obesity is a marker for something else, like heart disease, or lack of physical exercise.
          But what does any of that have to do with COVID vaccines, which is the topic of this thread?
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
            Vaccinated people can still catch and transmit COVID to others.
            My thinking is that since I'm vaccinated and protected, and if I get COVID and spread it to someone who chooses not to get vaccinated, then that is their problem to deal with since they refuse to get vaccinated. I would rather see the vaccine go to someone in India who wants the vaccine than to try and force feed it down someone's throat who does not want the vaccine.

Comment

I'm currently working closely with folks from a few different countries. As they have arrived in, most of them have not been vaccinated because their respective governments have held more strictly to various priorities for administering vaccinations. Note that these are foreign military service members, but apparently that status didn't qualify them for earlier vaccination (not old/infirm). They get here to the U.S., and they're required to isolate for a week & test before they're allowed access to our facility. But without exception, they have all urgently requested to get the vaccine ASAP here. And we're happy to help get them taken care of, because it's only to our benefit because of how closely and frequently we're working together on a daily basis.

I think the tiered rollout has been a disservice to the nations still adhering to it. I can understand prioritizing the very first vaccinations for front-line medical workers, emergency response personnel, military, etc... But once that's mostly taken care of, it should have immediately opened up to everyone in order to maximize vaccinations. The messaging has been awful, and the execution even worse...
              "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

It's interesting how the state run media works. I have been observing the media treatment of Cuomo in opening New York and NYC. He is being claimed as a brave hero by the left. Yet just two months ago, Texas governoor Greg Abbott was tarred and feathered for doing the same thing and was publicly scolded by President Biden and called a Neanderthal.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/broadwa...19-1234748780/

https://abc7ny.com/health/businesses...n-ny/10577752/

And just as a matter of coincidence, the science of the CDC and Fauci has taken a dramatic turn in the last two days. Fauci was adamant that we would need to reach as much as 90 percent vaccination to reach herd immunity. See this article from just 2 months ago:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-herd-immunity

Oops! Science changed! That's not really going to be necessary after all!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/polit...ity/index.html
                https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ay/4915586001/

What a bunch of idiot clowns.
                Last edited by TexasHusker; 05-04-2021, 05:01 PM.
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

I was surprised when for schools they changed it from 6 feet to 3 feet social distancing. Someone or something powerful allowed the change to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
                    I was surprised when for schools they changed it from 6 feet to 3 feet social distancing. Someone or something powerful allowed the change to occur.
                    "We're just following the science!"

-George Carlin

Comment

With the vaccine supply now outweighing the demand and vaccine sites closing due to low demand, if I were advising Biden this would be my plan of action. Free vaccination up to June 1, thereafter pay half of retail price (ie, $199/2) of $99 per shot. Then beginning July 1 and thereafter pay full retail price of $199 per shot.

Comment

With the vaccine supply now outweighing the demand and vaccine sites closing due to low demand, if I were advising Biden this would be my plan of action. Free vaccination up to June 1, thereafter pay half of retail price (ie, $199/2) of $99 per shot. Then beginning July 1 and thereafter pay full retail price of $199 per shot.
                        How would charging people help encourage folks who have been reluctant to get vaccinated? I think we should be doing just the opposite and incentivizing vaccination which some places have started doing.
                        Steve

Comment

Ok I would add the incentive of $100 bonds up until June 1, then my plan takes effect. Without timelines people will procrastinate and never get it done.

Comment

How about no more $1500 stimulus checks or rich unemployment benefits until you get a vaccine?

-George Carlin

Comment

Now we are talking Texas. You speak my language.

Comment

Ok I would add the incentive of $100 bonds up until June 1, then my plan takes effect. Without timelines people will procrastinate and never get it done.
                                I’m good with a deadline on the incentive. June 1 is a bit soon since it’s only been 2 weeks since vaccination opened to all. Add another month or two and then cut it off.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X