X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    Originally posted by parafly View Post
    My wife and I surpassed $1 million in net worth in 2019. It doesn't really mean anything, but it's been a long time coming. It's nice to see the 7 figure value in my spreadsheet.
    Excellent Parafly, great work!

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by parafly View Post
    My wife and I surpassed $1 million in net worth in 2019. It doesn't really mean anything, but it's been a long time coming. It's nice to see the 7 figure value in my spreadsheet.
    Congratulations! Welcome to the six zero club. It's a great accomplishment even if it really doesn't change anything.

Leave a comment:

• parafly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

So it turns out I didn't exactly win a "whiskey dinner". What I won was a $600 gift card to a very nice local restaurant. It isn't for any type of organized program. I can use it however I'd like. I could get some friends together and have a little dinner party, or my wife and I could just go to dinner a few times, or do dinner with another couple a couple of times. We'll probably end up doing that last one - go out with two friends one time and two other friends a different time and if anything is left over on the card, use it toward a third time for just the two of us (though $600 probably won't cover much more than 8 meals).
    Wow - that's a nice win!

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by mumof2 View Post

my hubbys son did this for my hubbys birthday a couple years ago and he won $750...it was a nice chunk of change
    That's great, though also exceedingly rare. I understand the thought behind it, but given the choice, I'd rather have what the tickets cost her.

Leave a comment:

• mumof2
    replied

I used to have a patient who gave us scratch off tickets for Christmas. I thought it was such a colossal waste of money. Had she given me $20, I would have had $20. Instead, she gave me $20 worth of lottery tickets and what I actually got was somewhere between nothing and I think $4 or $5 was the most I ever won.
    my hubbys son did this for my hubbys birthday a couple years ago and he won $750...it was a nice chunk of change

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrif-t View Post
    My boss gave me $15 in scratch offs for Christmas. I won $5.

Although in my mind, I really LOST $10
    I used to have a patient who gave us scratch off tickets for Christmas. I thought it was such a colossal waste of money. Had she given me $20, I would have had $20. Instead, she gave me $20 worth of lottery tickets and what I actually got was somewhere between nothing and I think $4 or $5 was the most I ever won.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I got a call today from a liquor store we frequent saying I won a gift certificate good for a whiskey dinner for up to 8 people. I only got a voicemail as I was working so I don't know the details. We'll have to stop over there and find out exactly what the deal is. Then I'll have to round up 6 friends to bring along.
    So it turns out I didn't exactly win a "whiskey dinner". What I won was a $600 gift card to a very nice local restaurant. It isn't for any type of organized program. I can use it however I'd like. I could get some friends together and have a little dinner party, or my wife and I could just go to dinner a few times, or do dinner with another couple a couple of times. We'll probably end up doing that last one - go out with two friends one time and two other friends a different time and if anything is left over on the card, use it toward a third time for just the two of us (though $600 probably won't cover much more than 8 meals).

Leave a comment:

• Thrif-t
    replied
    My boss gave me $15 in scratch offs for Christmas. I won $5.

Although in my mind, I really LOST $10

Leave a comment:

• skives
    replied
    I was able to sign up for $900 Checking account bonus this week. Just need to put 16.5k between checking and savings for 3 months. Nice return on investment.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I got a call today from a liquor store we frequent saying I won a gift certificate good for a whiskey dinner for up to 8 people. I only got a voicemail as I was working so I don't know the details. We'll have to stop over there and find out exactly what the deal is. Then I'll have to round up 6 friends to bring along.

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    I won a $25 gift card for a fast-casual restaurant at a holiday party.

Leave a comment:

• corn18
    replied
    Found out today that I can get $1M of umbrella liability through work for free. I can get $2M for $187 / year (this is what I opted for). I'm paying USAA $542 / year for a $1M policy now. So I can drop my USAA umbrella policy and save some money.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Today is Target's 10% gift card sale. They limit you to $300/address. We ordered $900 by getting a couple of others to order for us and we reimbursed them. So we saved $90 on future Target purchases.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Our auto insurance policy premium is due. safari mentioned in another thread that Chase Freedom Visa has 5% cashback on PayPal purchases this quarter. I was able to use our Chase Freedom card to make the $1,254 payment through PayPal which means I'll get $62.70 back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X