2019 Decluttering Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseBucks View Post

Over the past week weve found 218 items to donate. The vast majority was clothes & toys that our kids no longer used. Im optimistic that we will easily be able to surpass my original goal of 365. Going to finish going through our closet this week and hopefully find more items to donate/trash.
    Just counted out our donate boxes and we’ve collected another 127 items to bring the total to 345 items. Since my original goal was 365 I’m going to create a stretch goal of 500 by the end of the year. I’m still optimistic that we’ll git it but it is going to be harder now that we’ve finished going through the kids’ stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseBucks View Post

Just counted out our donate boxes and we’ve collected another 127 items to bring the total to 345 items. Since my original goal was 365 I’m going to create a stretch goal of 500 by the end of the year. I’m still optimistic that we’ll git it but it is going to be harder now that we’ve finished going through the kids’ stuff.
      Went through some more kids clothes before I made the trip to Goodwill and was able to get 36 more items which brings us 381. Cleaned and packed up a fair amount in our bedroom today to reduce clutter but nothing additional to donate.

Comment

One of the 3 button listings I started on ebay sold yesterday for a good price. I'll drop that in the mail tomorrow. I relisted the others and lowered the prices. I just listed one new button tonight and have a few more photographed and ready to list.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I listed our fish tank and accessories on Facebook Marketplace last weekend and it sold today. Buyer just picked it all up. That was the tank, stand, and 2 boxes of stuff out of the garage and $95 in my pocket.

I listed 2 more small items this morning.
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Finally disposed of an old storm door that has been sitting in my garage since late summer. Donated the last amount of dress clothes I was holding onto, along with some jackets to friends. Gave my parents a bigger monitor for their PC since I recently upgraded. Threw out some older cables and chargers no longer needed. There's always something to get rid of, but really looking lean for items right now.
            "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
              I listed 2 more small items this morning.
              One of those items sold. Buyer messaged me last night and picked it up from my office a few minutes ago. One more item gone and $15 more in my pocket.

I love selling stuff we don't want anymore. Facebook Marketplace is great in this area. I have one coworker who has been cleaning out her house and stuff from her mom's house and has been doing great on there. I have another coworker who bought a house earlier this year and has been using it a lot to buy things they need for the house at greatly reduced prices, so it works well on both ends.
              Steve

Comment

Just listed another item on Facebook Marketplace.
                Steve

Comment

Last week I called up Lowe's to see if they had their recycle bin out for Christmas lights and they said they did. We have switched over to using all LED lights so I probably took 25 strands of regular lights to their recycle. If they didn't have the recycle I'd of probably kept them as they still work just that we switched over.

As it was, I was able to free up a space on my basement shelving that the tree lights had been on. That'll probably be the last of the decluttering for me in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                  X