Christmas is a time for joy, but it can also be pretty expensive. If you’re searching for a bargain, knowing what deals and freebies are available for Christmas 2019 can make a big difference. Here’s a look at just some of the available options.
Bonus Gift Cards
Many shoppers buy gift cards to give as presents to family members and friends. This year, you can get bonuses by purchasing those gift cards at select retailers and restaurants. Many locations offer you a free small bonus gift card (such as a $10 one) if you purchase a specific dollar value or more in gift cards.
Here are a few of the places offering this great Christmas deal:
- Aeropostale – buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 cash card
- Applebee’s – buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 bonus card
- Bahama Breeze – buy $50 in gift cards and get $20 in bonus cards
- Benihana – buy $50 in gift cards and get a $10 promotional card
- Boston Market – buy a $25 gift card and get a $5 bonus card
- California Pizza Kitchen – buy $100 in gift cards and get a $20 promotional card
- Chili’s – buy $50 in gift cards and get a $10 eBonus card
- Cinemark – buy a $35 gift card and get a $5 bonus coupon
- DSW – buy $75 in gift cards and get a $10 promo card
- Famous Footwear – Buy $50 in gift cards and get a $10 bonus card
- Guitar Center – buy a $100 eGift card and get a $20 bonus card
- IHOP – buy $25 in gift cards and get a $5 bonus card
- Longhorn Steakhouse – buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 bonus card
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – buy $100 in gift cards and get a $20 eBonus card
- Olive Garden – buy $50 in gift cards and get a $10 bonus card
- Outback Steakhouse – buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 coupon
- Red Robin – buy a $25 gift card and get $5 in bonus bucks
- Regal Cinemas – buy $50 in gift cards and get a $10 concession bonus card
- TGI Fridays – buy $25 in gift cards and get $5 in Bonus Bites cards
- Ulta – buy a $100 gift card or eGift card and get a $20 eReward card
It’s important to note that many of the bonus gift cards have additional restrictions beyond what you’ll usually find on regular gift cards. For example, they may only be valid for a few weeks or months, so you might have to use it quickly to make sure you benefit from the deal. In other cases, there might be a minimum purchase requirement for using the promo card.
Free Gifts with Purchase
Beyond gift cards, free gift with purchase promos are also fairly common during the holidays. Stores like Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, and Nordstrom frequently offer these kinds of deals at the fragrance and beauty counters. Usually, after reaching a particular purchase amount threshold, you can receive items like travel-size versions of fragrances, beauty and cosmetic sample packs, free cosmetic bags, and similar free gifts. Ulta and Sephora may also offer bonus items with certain purchases in the same niche.
Additionally, Victoria’s Secret offers various free gift with purchase deals. Sometimes, you can get a free bra after purchasing a certain number of bras. Free blankets, totes, or other items may be available after spending a specific amount of money, too.
Free Photo with Santa
Every Bass Pro Shop and Cabela’s is offering a free photo with Santa this year. The deal runs until December 24 and lets you get a 4×6 without spending a dime. Just be aware that this freebie is incredibly popular, so you might want to arrive early to make sure your child gets a chance to tell Santa what they want for Christmas.
As a bonus, if you make the trip, your child can take part in free games and do some crafts at no cost to you. As with the Santa photos, a lot of people come to Bass Pro Shop and Cabela’s to take advantage of the freebies. If you want to make sure you get to the store when the events begin, check the schedule in advance.
If you want to reach out to friends and family without spending a ton on greeting cards, Blue Mountain has you covered. You can send a variety of holiday eCards for free, allowing you to express your appreciation for anyone without having to mail a paper card.
While Amazon always has free shipping deals, either for being Prime or for making a large enough purchase, other retailers often get in the game during the holidays. This year, Walmart, Target, and Best Buy all have free shipping options, including next-day delivery on eligible purchases.
All of the options above can help shoppers save this holiday season, including on last-minute gifts. Other retailers may also announce deals as Christmas draws nearer, so keep your eyes open for other freebies and discounts that can make the holidays fun and affordable.
Do you plan on taking advantage of any Christmas freebies or deals? If so, which ones? If not, why? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
- How to Get a Free Christmas Tree
- Christmas Eve Store Hours for Last Minute Shoppers
- 2019 Walmart Holiday Schedule
- Target Holiday Schedule 2019 and Store Hours
- 2019 Costco Holiday Schedule – Updated
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.