Holidays seem to come out of nowhere. It seems like it was just Halloween and then here comes Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and then MLK Day. Oftentimes, these holidays fall on random days of the week. However, some holidays fall on the same day every year, usually a Monday. This may leave some people wondering, “Is Monday a Holiday?”
Is Monday a Holiday?
If you’re wondering whether or not Monday is a holiday, it would be a good idea to know what holidays typically fall on the first day of the week. Here’s a list of Monday holidays.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: MLK Day falls on the third Monday in January each year.
- Presidents Day: Every year, Presidents Day falls on the third Monday in February.
- Easter Monday: Depending on when Easter falls, Easter Monday is always the day after.
- Memorial Day: Memorial Day is the last Monday in May.
- Labor Day: Labor Day falls on the first Monday of September every year.
- Columbus Day: This holiday falls on the second Monday in October.
While the holidays listed above always fall on Monday, some holidays fall on other days of the week or a specific date each year. These can be a bit more tricky to stay on top of.
Holidays That Fall On Different Days Every Year
Below is a full list of holidays that don’t necessarily fall on a Monday (but they can).
- New Year’s Day: New Year’s Day falls on January 1 every year. This can be any day of the week.
- Valentine’s Day: Valentine’s Day always falls on February 14.
- Easter: Easter always falls on a Sunday but can range in date from March to late April, depending on the vernal equinox.
- Independence Day: July 4th is the date for Independence Day every year. The day of the week will vary from year-to-year.
- Halloween: Halloween is on October 31 every year.
- Veterans Day: Veterans Day is observed on November 11. However, if this day falls on a weekend, many banks and government offices will be closed the day before or the day after.
- Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving is always celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. The date varies.
- Christmas Eve: The day of the week for Christmas Eve varies from year-to-year but always falls on the 24th of December.
- Christmas Day: Christmas is observed on December 25 every year.
- New Year’s Eve: New Year’s Eve is celebrated on December 31 each year. The day of the week will vary.
Staying on top of the holidays and store schedules can be overwhelming. However, knowing the answer to the question, “Is Monday a holiday?” can make things a bit easier. Make note of the holidays above on your calendar!
Readers, how do you stay on top of these floating holidays?
- Chuck E. Cheese Hours and Holiday Schedule
- Sam’s Club Hours and Holiday Schedule
- Post Office Holidays and Schedule
- Costco Holiday Schedule and Hours
- Stock Market Holiday Schedule