Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you made 2021 travel plans? Do you think they'll happen?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I do not have any travelling plan at least until 2022. Country still in a lockdown, can't risk my life. I do miss travelling tho. Been stuck home really put me in an uncomfortable position. Happy for those who are already planning their holiday/travelling pan!
    Last edited by disneysteve; 02-05-2021, 03:58 AM. Reason: Link removed

    Comment


      #62
      I travelled in the fall of 2020. Enjoyed it and will do it again unless things get crazier this year. I dunno - use lots of hand sanitizer, don't do anything crazy, and just use some common sense and it should work. Of course not everyone goes this route and I not going to blame them. You need to do what you're comfortable with.
      Don't torture yourself, thats what I'm here for.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by cypher1 View Post
        Booked my solo Bryce/Zion hiking trip for the first week of March, flying to Vegas and driving rest of the way. The 2nd week is spring break for me, so I decided to go earlier to hopefully less crowds. But then I'm flying to Los Angeles to Vegas for that week to spend time with friends. A buddy just texted me CA is lifting stay-at-home order, and restaurants are opening up. So that's a good start.
        Got through Zion and Bryce last week with less crowds before spring break starting up. Angels Landing trail did not disappoint, as below.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4150m.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	720595
        "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by cypher1 View Post

          Got through Zion and Bryce last week with less crowds before spring break starting up. Angels Landing trail did not disappoint, as below.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4150m.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	720595
          can't wait to do zion and bryce one day
          LivingAlmostLarge Blog

          Comment


            #65
            I recently returned from 2.5 weeks in Florida, including 2 nights in Disney World. Two family members with 3 negative virus tests and now back nearly two weeks and no symptoms for anyone- I think we dodged getting infected.

            We flew from Boston, airport basically empty but flight basically full. We kept our masks on the entire flight (unvaccinated daughter wore surgical mask under cloth mask for flight).

            I was surprised how much correct mask wearing was going on in Florida, even at Walmart. Tampa zoo, WDW, masks over nose and mouth for all even when outside. WDW broadcasted over the loudspeakers that you must wear a mask correctly unless eating and drinking while stationary or 'you will be asked to leave'. I expected stale air and poor distancing when waiting in lines inside, but they staff did a good job of keeping people spaced out and distanced. Daughter double masked for the indoor lines. Food at WDW worked out well- order from your phone, when it's ready you are alerted and then can go in the restaurant. There was always outdoor, shaded seating with no other tables close (funny most people ate inside, despite 75 degree shade outside, I guess they aren't worried about COVID.

            There was no fastpass- but lines were the shortest I've ever experienced- the longest was a bit over an hour, for the "big name" rides. Space mountain was a 5 minute wait! (We went there first when the park opened).

            Galaxy's Edge is literally AMAZING. We stayed at the polynesian, I'd say 10% capacity there.

            So glad we went- my daughter really needed the trip. It was stressful to worry about getting infected though.

            Comment


              #66
              My parents & I have received both our vaccine doses. We’d like to visit my sisters in the fall when they’ve received their vaccines.

              I canceled 2 trips last year. I was refunded for the Montreal trip, but not the Switzerland trip. I’m ready for an extended trip abroad. Maybe even Africa this time.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Snydley View Post
                I recently returned from 2.5 weeks in Florida, including 2 nights in Disney World. Two family members with 3 negative virus tests and now back nearly two weeks and no symptoms for anyone- I think we dodged getting infected.

                We flew from Boston, airport basically empty but flight basically full. We kept our masks on the entire flight (unvaccinated daughter wore surgical mask under cloth mask for flight).

                I was surprised how much correct mask wearing was going on in Florida, even at Walmart. Tampa zoo, WDW, masks over nose and mouth for all even when outside. WDW broadcasted over the loudspeakers that you must wear a mask correctly unless eating and drinking while stationary or 'you will be asked to leave'. I expected stale air and poor distancing when waiting in lines inside, but they staff did a good job of keeping people spaced out and distanced. Daughter double masked for the indoor lines. Food at WDW worked out well- order from your phone, when it's ready you are alerted and then can go in the restaurant. There was always outdoor, shaded seating with no other tables close (funny most people ate inside, despite 75 degree shade outside, I guess they aren't worried about COVID.

                There was no fastpass- but lines were the shortest I've ever experienced- the longest was a bit over an hour, for the "big name" rides. Space mountain was a 5 minute wait! (We went there first when the park opened).

                Galaxy's Edge is literally AMAZING. We stayed at the polynesian, I'd say 10% capacity there.

                So glad we went- my daughter really needed the trip. It was stressful to worry about getting infected though.
                Sounds like fun!
                LivingAlmostLarge Blog

                Comment


                  #68
                  It's not travel plans, but we're still super excited for it anyway -- we just bought season tickets to our local theater, for the lineup of 5x Broadway shows they're bringing into town for the '21-'22 season. The shows don't start until late October (after I return from my deployment), so I expect life will be returning to a semblance of normalcy by then.

                  Actual travel: Possibly a cross-country trip to upstate NY to visit my mother's family (DW & DKs have never met most any of them). We'll also hopefully be able to actually do our winter trip up to Fairbanks, AK for aurora hunting, since COVID called it off this last Dec/Jan....

                  It's nice to finally be able to start looking ahead & making "normal" plans again.
                  "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Snydley View Post
                    I recently returned from 2.5 weeks in Florida, including 2 nights in Disney World.

                    I was surprised how much correct mask wearing was going on in Florida, even at Walmart. Tampa zoo, WDW, masks over nose and mouth for all even when outside. WDW broadcasted over the loudspeakers that you must wear a mask correctly unless eating and drinking while stationary or 'you will be asked to leave'. I expected stale air and poor distancing when waiting in lines inside, but they staff did a good job of keeping people spaced out and distanced. Daughter double masked for the indoor lines.

                    There was no fastpass- but lines were the shortest I've ever experienced- the longest was a bit over an hour, for the "big name" rides. Space mountain was a 5 minute wait! (We went there first when the park opened).

                    Galaxy's Edge is literally AMAZING. We stayed at the polynesian, I'd say 10% capacity there.

                    So glad we went- my daughter really needed the trip. It was stressful to worry about getting infected though.
                    Sounds like you had a great time. If I can ask, how much was the stay at Polynesian? I have heard that is moderate to expensive for WDW. Also you did good with 10% capacity - I have heard a lot of the off site resorts have been packed over the spring break time which really surprised me.

                    I went last November and the weather was great. Good to hear about the spacing. When I was there it was mostly ok, but there were people that couldn't be bothered (fortunately few).

                    It was hard to say about the wait times for last fall. Mostly they were fine, but a few seemed long but probably weren't. We had been spoiled using FastPass in the past.

                    I'm planning for two weeks this fall again. When I visit I will be close to one year from retirement, so it will be a pre-retirement celebration.
                    Don't torture yourself, thats what I'm here for.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by cypher1 View Post

                      Got through Zion and Bryce last week with less crowds before spring break starting up. Angels Landing trail did not disappoint, as below.

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_4150m.JPG Views:	110 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	720595
                      We gotta get back to zion when its warmer. We went there a couple years ago in Feb. It was nice that we could drive through the park instead of taking shuttles...on the other hand, it was cold! We did the angels landing and it was like 20 degrees. Would really like to do the narrows at some point too.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by bennkar View Post

                        If I can ask, how much was the stay at Polynesian? I have heard that is moderate to expensive for WDW.
                        We’re booked at the Contemporary garden wing in September. It’s $700/night.

                        The Polynesian is still closed. I think it reopens this summer. Right now only the DVC section is open.
                        Steve

                        * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

                          We’re booked at the Contemporary garden wing in September. It’s $700/night.

                          The Polynesian is still closed. I think it reopens this summer. Right now only the DVC section is open.
                          Yes I heard Polynesian was DVC only right now - forgot about that. I thought the cost was something like what you wrote. I understand its not Polynesian, but the price is probably similar. I've seen video reviews of the rooms there, and they just don't come close to staying offsite (except for the location - which is fabulous). For a little over $1,000 maintenance I have a beautiful villa up to a golf course, with parking right in front. Just can't see paying all that money, no matter how nice the location is.
                          Don't torture yourself, thats what I'm here for.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by bennkar View Post

                            Yes I heard Polynesian was DVC only right now - forgot about that. I thought the cost was something like what you wrote. I understand its not Polynesian, but the price is probably similar. I've seen video reviews of the rooms there, and they just don't come close to staying offsite (except for the location - which is fabulous). For a little over $1,000 maintenance I have a beautiful villa up to a golf course, with parking right in front. Just can't see paying all that money, no matter how nice the location is.
                            I agree. We always stay offsite. We rent a condo or townhouse or pool home, often for under $100/night. It's great.

                            The only reason we're staying onsite for this trip is that it's for the 50th anniversary celebration. The place will be packed. I chose the Contemporary because I want to be able to walk into Magic Kingdom on October 1 and not need to wait for any transportation. We're only spending 4 nights there. The rest of the trip we'll rent a place offsite like always.
                            Steve

                            * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                            * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                            * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              We want to go over to S. Korea to visit our DD. She is over there teaching English. Right now, we can't get in unless we quarantine in government housing for 2 weeks at our cost. Hopefully that will change soon.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by corn18 View Post
                                We want to go over to S. Korea to visit our DD. She is over there teaching English. Right now, we can't get in unless we quarantine in government housing for 2 weeks at our cost. Hopefully that will change soon.
                                Is that even if vaccinated?
                                Steve

                                * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                                * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                                * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X