Christmas is just days away, but many shoppers are waiting until Christmas Eve to finish fulfilling wishlists. Retailers are catering to those last-minute shoppers by offering extended hours and extending their free shipping cutoffs for Christmas delivery. Luckily, there are also plenty of Christmas Eve deals and freebies to help you stay on budget while getting the last few items checked off your list.
Christmas Eve Deals and Freebies for Foodies
Whether you’re looking for food or last-minute gifts, there are plenty of Christmas Eve deals to be had. Just keep in mind, you’ll want to check the Christmas Eve store hours before planning on cashing in on any of the deals outlined below.
- Applebee’s: Every month Applebee’s has a cocktail of the month. The price ranges from $1 to $5. However, during the month of December, there are a number of holiday cocktails available for $5 and under.
- IHOP: IHOP often has a holiday-inspired menu for people interested in dining out. They will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It is important to remember that restaurant seating will be limited in most locations due to COVID-19 restrictions. Call ahead for seating.
- McDonald’s: Spend at least $1 through the McDonalds app and receive the “meal of the day” for free. Mickey D’s is doing this for 11 days leading up to Christmas. The fast-food chain has collaborated with a number of celebrities to feature their favorite menu item each day for free (even the McRib made a comeback). In the week leading up to Christmas, freebies include coffee, McFlurries, and baked goods.
Many restaurants will be offering order-ahead to-go meals for the holidays. To see what restaurants are doing so near you, you may need to make a few phone calls. Pandemic regulations may impact restaurant openings near you. Chains, such as Bob Evans and Cracker Barrell, are most likely to be offering to-go deals.
Retail Deals to Score
Of course, many retailers are offering deals through the New Year as well. You’ll want to check the specific store’s Christmas advertisement. These are some of the best retail deals available Christmas Eve.
- Amazon: With the amount of online shopping most people have done this year, Amazon is continuing to ramp up their deals for the holidays. As in previous years, Amazon is offering weekly, daily, and even hourly deals to be on the lookout for. If there is a special item on your Christmas list, sign up for notifications from Amazon and they will let you know when it goes on sale.
- Costco: Costco members will be able to cash in on the deals outlined in the latest Costco coupon book. Keep in mind, Costco will close early that day and will be closed on Christmas Day. the club has also made restrictions on the number of customers allowed in the warehouse at one time in many locations, so be prepared.
- Target: Target has plenty of Christmas sales going on right now. Some of the highlights are matching family pajama sets (starting at $10). There are also great prices on holiday food sets, such as Hickory Farms and hot cocoa sets. Best of all, you can order everything online for pickup or delivery. You can also visit Target locations, but don’t forget your mask! Also remember, if you shop using your Target REDcard, you will save even more.
- Walmart: Similarly, Walmart is offering plenty of deals through the holidays as well. There are no marked down items, per se, but there are plenty of rollbacks. Items available may differ from location to location. You can see what inventory is available locally at Walmart.com. You can also shop in-store to see what’s there.
Now, there is no doubt that Christmas this year will be a bit different for everyone. Some people may not be celebrating at all. Whatever you are doing that day, we at Saving Advice wish you a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season!
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
- Check Your Christmas Gift Cards for Expiration Dates
- What You Need to Know About the Walmart Cash Back Program
- Here Are the Restaurants Open on Christmas Day
- Christmas Eve Store Hours for Last-Minute Shoppers