Is Costco Open on Easter Sunday 2020?
No, Costco is not open on Easter Sunday. While Costco opens its doors on regular Sundays and most holidays, Easter is an exception. The retailer keeps its doors closed to customers, allowing its employees to spend time with their family and friends.
Additionally, Costco Business Centers are not open on Easter, either. They close on the same days as the warehouse locations, as the holiday schedule was created by corporate and applies to all of Costco’s companies.
Cost Holiday Schedule 2020
Easter Sunday isn’t the only holiday where Costco chooses to close. While it doesn’t shutter its doors for every holiday, it does for quite a few.
In fact, Costco tends to close for holidays significantly more than many other retail giants. Other stores, like Walmart, are actually open on most federal holidays, including Easter.
If you want to know which holidays Costco recognizes and closes for, here’s a look at the 2020 Costco holiday schedule.
- New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1: Costco is closed
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 20: Costco is open
- Valentine’s Day – Friday, February 14: Costco is open
- Presidents’ Day – Monday, February 17: Costco is open
- Patrick’s Day – Tuesday, March 17: Costco is open
- Good Friday – Friday, April 10: Costco is open
- Easter Saturday – Saturday, April 11: Costco is open
- Easter Sunday – Sunday, April 12: Costco is closed
- Easter Monday – Monday, April 13 (Monday): Costco is open
- Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 10: Costco is open
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 25: Costco is closed
- Father’s Day – Sunday, June 21: Costco is open
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 4: Costco is closed on
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7: Costco is closed
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 12: Costco is open
- Halloween – Saturday, October 31: Costco is open
- Veteran’s Day – Wednesday, November 11: Costco is open
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26: Costco is closed
- Christmas Eve – Thursday, December 24 (Thursday): Costco is open, but closes early
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25: Costco is closed
- New Year’s Eve – Thursday, December 31: Costco is open, but closes early
- New Year’s Day – Friday, January 1: Costco is closed
On the two days where Costco closes early in advance of a holiday, the retailer usually shuts down at 6:00 pm that day instead of the retailer’s typical closing time. However, this can vary a bit from one location to the next, so you might want to contact your local store for additional details.
It’s also important to note that Costco may have extended hours on Black Friday, which falls on November 27 in 2020. Additionally, Costco.com is available to shoppers even when the warehouse locations aren’t open because of a holiday. That makes it possible to shop any time, including when you can’t head to a physical store.
What Are the Regular Costco Store Hours?
Aside from holiday-related changes, most Costco warehouse stores follow a similar schedule. In 2020, a typical Costco is open:
- Monday through Friday: 10:00 am to 8:30 pm (temporarily closing at 6:30 pm due to COVID-19)
- Saturday: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
It’s important to note that all of the schedules above are subject to change. With the coronavirus outbreak wreaking havoc on retailers, many are reducing or altering their store hours. For example, Costco warehouse stores started closing at 6:30 pm on April 3, 2020 and may continue to do so for the foreseeable future. This allows them to restock and sanitize their locations without customers present, which is critical for operations and everyone’s safety.
Additionally, Tuesday through Thursday, many locations are opening at either 8:00 am or 9:00 am to members age 60 and older or anyone with physical impairments. This is to ensure that vulnerable populations have opportunities to shop with a lower health risk.
It’s also critical to understand that some Costco warehouse stores follow schedules that are outside of the norm usually. If you plan on shopping near opening or closing time, then you might want to check with your local Costco to confirm it will be open. That way, you won’t end up making a trip only to find out that that Costco uses a different schedule.
Further, Costco Business Centers aren’t following those exact hours. Here’s an overview of an average Costco Business Center schedule:
- Monday through Friday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
The Salt Lake City Business Center location also has its own unique schedule:
- Monday through Friday: 7:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Does Costco Have an Easter Sale?
While Costco doesn’t open on Easter, that doesn’t mean you can’t find great Easter-related deals. Before the holiday, you can find discounts on many popular items, like flowers and candy. There may even be grocery price reductions on foods like ham.
Check out the Costco sale flyer for April to discover exactly what’s on sale.
Do you wish Costco was open on Easter? Why or why not? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
- New Costco Locations for 2020 – UPDATED
- 10 Ways to Save Money on Easter
- Here’s the Cost of Easter Spending and How You Can Save
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.