Veterans Day is Monday, November 11, 2019. It’s a day to showcase your appreciation for the military community. This includes current military and veterans. Many retailers and restaurants offer special discounts and freebies to members of the Armed Forces. Additionally, sales that are open to everyone are common. Here’s a look at some exciting Veterans Day deals for 2019.
Military and Veterans Deals
Certain Veterans Day deals are only available to military members or veterans. In some cases, this also includes dependents. Although, that isn’t typically the case.
Qualifying for these price reductions and Veterans Day freebies is usually pretty simple. Often, if you have a valid military ID card, that’s enough. However, certain other documentation that proves you served can also work. It normally depends on the location involved.
Here’s a list of deals that are only available to those with military service and, possibly, their dependents:
Restaurant Freebies and Discounts
- Applebee’s – Free meal for veterans and active duty military at participating locations (limited menu)
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Free wings and a side of fries for veterans and active duty military with proof of service
- California Pizza Kitchen – Free meal from the Veterans Day menu with proof of service, such as a military ID, at all locations
- Chili’s Grill & Bar – Free meal for veterans and active duty military at participating locations
- Cici’s Pizza – Free pizza buffet with a valid military ID
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Free donut for active duty military and veterans
- Famous Dave’s – Free meal with proof of service, such as a military ID, at select locations
- Golden Corral – Free meal for veterans, retirees, and activity duty members between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm at participating locations
- IHOP – Free breakfast for active duty military and retirees
- Joe’s Crab Shack – 20 percent off of the check with a valid military ID
- Little Caesars – With a valid military ID, receive a free $5 hot-n-ready lunch combo between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
- Logan’s Roadhouse – Free American Roadhouse Meal with military ID or other proof of service
- Menchie’s – Free frozen yogurt with proof of service, such as a military ID
- O’Charley’s Restaurant – Free meal for veterans and active duty military
- Olive Garden – free meal for active duty military veterans with proof of service
- Outback Steakhouse – Free non-alcoholic beverage and Bloomin’ Onion with military ID on Veterans Day. Plus, 20 percent off guest checks with military ID from November 12 through December 31
- Red Lobster – Free appetizer or dessert for active duty military, reservists, and veterans with military ID or other proof of service
- Red Robin – Free Red’s Tavern Double Burger with Bottomless Steak Fries for veterans and active duty military
- Subway – Free 6-inch sub with valid military ID at participating locations
- Texas Road House – Free lunch for active duty military and veterans at all locations
- TGI Fridays – Free lunch item up to $12 with valid military ID between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. Military guests also receive a $5 off coupon for their next visit
Qualifications For Each Deal
It’s critical to understand that the precise qualifications for these deals can vary. Each dining establishment can set its own rules. If you aren’t sure whether you’ll qualify for a discount or freebie. It’s best to call the restaurant in advance and confirm.
Additionally, some locations only offer freebies until they run out of an item. The chances of this are highest at restaurants that provide a specific kind of thing for free. For example like a donut, or using a set menu for the freebie (where running out of certain ingredients could occur if demand is unexpectedly high). In these cases, it’s best to go early. Otherwise, you might miss out.
Retail Deals and Discounts
- Academy Sports + Outdoors – With military ID, receive 10 percent off your purchase
- BJs Wholesale – 30 percent off standard membership fees for active duty military and veterans
- Dollar General – With valid military ID, receive 11 percent discount on qualifying items
- Great Clips – Free haircut (or coupon for use on a later date) with military ID
- Home Depot – 10 percent military discount on select items with military ID
- Kohl’s – With valid military ID, receive 30 percent off
- Mattress Firm – Active duty military, veterans, and dependents receive 10 percent off
- Publix – 10 percent off purchases with military ID or other proof of service
- Rack Room Shoes – With valid military ID, receive 10 percent off your purchase
- Sleep Number – Military members and veterans get an extra $100 off on select beds and bases
- Sport Clips – Free haircut with military ID at participating locations
- Target – 10 percent off of purchases for military, veterans, and reservists, including their dependents
- Walgreens – 20 percent off for active duty military, veterans, and dependents with valid military ID. VA-enrolled veterans can also receive a free flu shot
It’s important to note that the exact qualifications for these deals can vary. Each retailer can set its own rules and requirements. If you aren’t sure whether you’ll qualify for the discount, it’s wise to call the store in advance. That way, you can confirm your eligibility before you head out to your preferred destination.
Veterans Day Sales
Along with deals for military members, veterans, and their families, many retailers have sales to celebrate Veterans Day. While these events aren’t as common as sales for certain other holidays. There is still a decent amount of savings to be found.
Advertised discounts for these events are available to all shoppers unless it specifically says otherwise. Here are stores that are holding Veterans Day sales:
Plenty of other retailers may hold sales that happen to fall on Veterans Day as well. They just might not label them officially as being in observance of Veterans Day.
Additionally, some are going to hold back on the discounts. After all, Black Friday – one of the biggest shopping events (if not the biggest) of the year – is just around the corner. Plus, Cyber Monday is on the horizon, too. So don’t be surprised if not every store is having a massive Veterans Day sale.
Do you plan on taking advantage of the 2019 Veterans Day deals? Do you know of other Veterans Day 2019 deals that people should check out? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 2019 Sam’s Club Holiday Hours and Schedule
- Target Holiday Schedule 2019 and Store Hours
- 2019 Costco Holiday Schedule
- U.S. National Park Holidays 2019
- 2019 Walmart Holiday Schedule