Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change work place?)

Comment

Air traffic controller (behind a radar scope not in the tower or waving Wanda around at planes on the ground)

Comment

I have been working as copywritter. Now I am working as a freelance web designer.

Comment

Night nursing supervisor in a small hospital.

Comment

High school teacher in a rural public school district.

Comment

I don't work a regular job anymore, wrapped that up at the end of last year. Owned an industrial construction firm for 30+ years.

My job now is taking care of our farms which generate some income. I really like this job. Also serve on board of directors of a company that requires a few days of work per month and also generates some income.

Other than that, just play around and manage our investments. Wife says I go at some of my hobbies like they are a job.

Comment

Im sales manager in Big 4

Comment

Serving as Govt. employee over 3 years.

Comment

Not sure where to say Hello to you all so will start this as an initial post. I work for a vendor of the state 20 hrs a week supporting individuals discharged from the Mental Institutions to get adjusted to normal life in their new home, a low income apartment complex. I supervise a caseload and their staff. COVID cut my hours over 50%. Poor pay but better than average benefits and paid to sleep which I'd do at home anyhow so why not. Considering going out on my own around Feb 2021 to help fill in those lost wages. I also trade SPY a little during the year to speed up the retirement account and sell a little online too.
                    Last edited by ThatGirl1; 10-16-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I'm in a transitional phase in my life, and maybe that's why I'm here.

I made some money and I'm about to start my own startup.

Right now, I'm participating in forums, reading articles online, getting the feeling, trying to amplify my energy and inspiration.

I was just reading this article about how to build a community I'm not aiming that high, but I think I can do something that's worth something.

Comment

Originally posted by James4 View Post
                        I'm in a transitional phase in my life, and maybe that's why I'm here.

I made some money and I'm about to start my own startup.
                        Wow, that's really cool, good luck! I just have a little advice for you, because as I understand you are a novice in making a startup/business on your own. Read some cool articles to find inspiration (because at first it will be hard, trust me) and also to find out about all the pitfalls. The last article of this type that I read was https://recfaces.com/articles/how-to-enter-the-international-market.
                        Last edited by JAbbot1985; 04-05-2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

I am a journeyman bulls*** interpreter.
                          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post
                            I am a journeyman bulls*** interpreter.
                            We need more of these.
                            james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

I'm journalist

Comment

[Looks like this may have been one of the old threads that dropped a bunch of posts in the 2019 hack/purge...? I could swear I posted here a while ago]

I'm a mid-grade military officer. On my cynical days (like today, filled with chaos), I pretty much see myself as a crisis manager/firefighter/fixer/cat-herder/whatever jargon you prefer... When that doesn't dominate my time & attention, I actually get to do my air command & control job, which is really pretty fun.
                                "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

Working...
                                X