Post COVID customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

The problem is that the concept of self interest as being the driving economic force behind the modern economy is rooted in the idea that people are capable of rationally calculating their own self interest. However, people aren't always rational. They often act to maximize their short term self interest at the expense of their long term interests. Or they may act in an emotional, rather than a rational manner.
    I'm afraid that is the human condition, and it happens all the time, intended or not.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

Wanted to post a follow up here for Texas and the other posters on this thread.

Came across an interesting article today as I was doing some research on Kimball Musk. Evidently, Kimball is on the board of Tesla and Spacex. His role on these boards isn't clear - as he is primarily a restaurateur and green lifestyle advocate.

The article is from the Globe and Mail from August of 2018.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ceo-elon-musk/

The implied criticism in the article is that Elon Musk is maintaining a board in which he has close personal ties with, which suggests the board is less able to constrain or exercise influence over Elon. Or more bluntly, Elon has his friends and family on his board so he can retain control over his companies without the usual oversight a board provides.
      james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
        Wanted to post a follow up here for Texas and the other posters on this thread.

Came across an interesting article today as I was doing some research on Kimball Musk. Evidently, Kimball is on the board of Tesla and Spacex. His role on these boards isn't clear - as he is primarily a restaurateur and green lifestyle advocate.

The article is from the Globe and Mail from August of 2018.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ceo-elon-musk/

The implied criticism in the article is that Elon Musk is maintaining a board in which he has close personal ties with, which suggests the board is less able to constrain or exercise influence over Elon. Or more bluntly, Elon has his friends and family on his board so he can retain control over his companies without the usual oversight a board provides.
        This is a big reason I don't invest in publicly-traded companies very often.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

Working...
        X