House Mortgage -- Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until Monday so I don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, I'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and I are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of November. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in Maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but I figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in September or October (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.
    I'm jealous but in a good way! Great job and happy for you disneysteve!
    Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jluke View Post

August 2019: 185,000.18

Sep 2019: 184,500

yawn....

Comment

• I just did a wire transfer for $1,708.72 which is the payoff amount given to me this morning. They would accept either a wire transfer or a certified check. There was a $10 fee for doing the transfer but I'm sure there would have been a fee for a certified check also. It would have been $30 for same day so I went with the next day option for $10. The payoff figure is good until Wednesday so that's still within the window and saved me $20.

So as soon as I get confirmation from the mortgage company, we will be mortgage-free and, for the first time in our adult lives, 100% debt-free!
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

• Disneysteve - massive, massive win. Congratulations.
          james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

• Congrats Steve
            Brian

Comment

• September payment...$90k left
              Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.

Comment

• We've got $321,417.50 left after our September check clears. It is still a lot to pay down, but not as much as the $347,000 I owed back in 2016.

james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X