No announcement yet.

House Mortgage -- Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Loan principle as of 9/19: $43,000.00. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining a wee bit brighter.

Comment

Moved last month - Pmt 1 of 360. Trying not to pay too much extra due to the nice interest rate.

Comment

Another payment done - more debt gone. Mortgage amount is now: $320,218.88.
        james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Mortgage Principal : $43K
          Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

Land Loan principal as of 10/19: $36,000. Keepin' on, keepin' on.

Comment

Originally posted by mo0n View Post
              Land Loan principal as of 10/19: $36,000. Keepin' on, keepin' on.
              Keep working Mo0n, I just paid off a big chunk of debt already. What I love about this is $36,000 is within striking distance of being paid off. Also, smaller payments like $5 and $10 can start to impact the bottom line of the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

Keep working Mo0n, I just paid off a big chunk of debt already. What I love about this is $36,000 is within striking distance of being paid off. Also, smaller payments like $5 and $10 can start to impact the bottom line of the loan.
                Oh I am. I'm taking big axe swings at it until the end of December, which is when I'll run out of my sinking fund supplement. My goal was to be 19k or under by the time 12/31 rolls around, but crunching some numbers this weekend, I'm going to try to make it to 17k.

Comment

Originally posted by mo0n View Post

Oh I am. I'm taking big axe swings at it until the end of December, which is when I'll run out of my sinking fund supplement. My goal was to be 19k or under by the time 12/31 rolls around, but crunching some numbers this weekend, I'm going to try to make it to 17k.
                  Mo0n, what have you been doing to pay off the debt? I'd love to hear which methods you think are most effective.

Comment

Working...
                  X