New balance is $4,032.03.
      how exciting...I'm excited for you so close....congrats

Comment

• July payment....$92k to go
        Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.

Comment

• July 2019: $185,517

No extra paid this month either.
          Last edited by Jluke; 07-03-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• RSU's vested and I sold them. Bonus came in. I now have a mortgage balance of $575k and I have $595k sitting in a money market account.

Comment

• Originally posted by corn18 View Post
              RSU's vested and I sold them. Bonus came in. I now have a mortgage balance of $575k and I have $595k sitting in a money market account.
              Nice move.
              james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post

I am being moved to a new department as the Company re-organizes. It is sickening to not know the future job-wise. It is times like this that I am happy I can look at my mortgage and take comfort that it is in a manageable state.

Mortgage Principal : $68K
                Mortgage Principal : $67K
                Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

• Great job everybody! Love reading the posts. It's not a race, just a countdown.
                  Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

• I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until Monday so I don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, I'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and I are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of November. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in Maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but I figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in September or October (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.
                    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jluke View Post
                      July 2019: $185,517

No extra paid this month either.
                      August 2019: 185,000.18

some extra this month to get the (almost) even balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                        i made what i think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until monday so i don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, i'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and i are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of november. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but i figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in september or october (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.
                        congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                          I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today..
                          Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post

Mortgage Principal : $67K
                            2/3 paid off in a little over 5 years when your goal was to get it paid off in 10. Nice!

Comment

• August 1 payment made yesterday.

New balance: $1,662.09

When we get back from vacation next month, I will give them a call and arrange the final payment!
                              Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

• It occurred to me today than when we pay off the mortgage, we will get back the balance of our escrow account. Obviously, that isn't free money as we will need it to pay future taxes but still, it will be in our account instead of theirs. I just ran the numbers and the ending balance should be right around $2,900 which is about $1,050 more than the next tax payment which isn't due until October.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X