X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randomsaver
    started a topic House Mortgage -- Countdown

House Mortgage -- Countdown

House Mortgage Debt . . . count it down.

I've a long waaaaaays to go . . 10 years including this year is my target.

Mortgage Principal : $207K

• Randomsaver
    replied
    Mortgage Principal : $62K

Leave a comment:

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    We've got $321,417.50 left after our September check clears. It is still a lot to pay down, but not as much as the $347,000 I owed back in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• greenskeeper
    replied
    September payment...$90k left

Leave a comment:

• bjl584
    replied
    Congrats Steve

Leave a comment:

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    Disneysteve - massive, massive win. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I just did a wire transfer for $1,708.72 which is the payoff amount given to me this morning. They would accept either a wire transfer or a certified check. There was a $10 fee for doing the transfer but I'm sure there would have been a fee for a certified check also. It would have been $30 for same day so I went with the next day option for $10. The payoff figure is good until Wednesday so that's still within the window and saved me $20.

So as soon as I get confirmation from the mortgage company, we will be mortgage-free and, for the first time in our adult lives, 100% debt-free!

Leave a comment:

• Jluke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jluke View Post

August 2019: 185,000.18

Sep 2019: 184,500

yawn....

Leave a comment:

• Randomsaver
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until Monday so I don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, I'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and I are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of November. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in Maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but I figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in September or October (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.
    I'm jealous but in a good way! Great job and happy for you disneysteve!

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    It occurred to me today than when we pay off the mortgage, we will get back the balance of our escrow account. Obviously, that isn't free money as we will need it to pay future taxes but still, it will be in our account instead of theirs. I just ran the numbers and the ending balance should be right around $2,900 which is about $1,050 more than the next tax payment which isn't due until October.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    August 1 payment made yesterday.

New balance: $1,662.09

When we get back from vacation next month, I will give them a call and arrange the final payment!

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post

Mortgage Principal : $67K
    2/3 paid off in a little over 5 years when your goal was to get it paid off in 10. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Keshet
    replied
    I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today..
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• MooseBucks
    replied
    i made what i think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until monday so i don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, i'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and i are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of november. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but i figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in september or october (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.
    congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Jluke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jluke View Post
    July 2019: $185,517

No extra paid this month either.
    August 2019: 185,000.18

some extra this month to get the (almost) even balance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X