X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randomsaver
    started a topic House Mortgage -- Countdown

House Mortgage -- Countdown

House Mortgage Debt . . . count it down.

I've a long waaaaaays to go . . 10 years including this year is my target.

Mortgage Principal : $207K

• disneysteve
    replied
    August 1 payment made yesterday.

New balance: $1,662.09

When we get back from vacation next month, I will give them a call and arrange the final payment!

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post

Mortgage Principal : $67K
    2/3 paid off in a little over 5 years when your goal was to get it paid off in 10. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Keshet
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today..
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• MooseBucks
    replied
    i made what i think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until monday so i don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, i'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and i are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of november. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but i figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in september or october (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.
    congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Jluke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jluke View Post
    July 2019: $185,517

No extra paid this month either.
    August 2019: 185,000.18

some extra this month to get the (almost) even balance.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I made what I think should be the next to last mortgage payment today. It won't process until Monday so I don't have the fresh balance yet. In a month, I'll call the company for a final payoff amount. I know that differs somewhat from the statement balance.

I already kind of planned something to celebrate the impending payoff. My wife and I are going away for 4 days/3 nights at the beginning of November. I splurged on a premium room at a resort we like in Maryland. The package price comes to about $1,500 for the 3 nights but I figure we've been paying more than that each month on the mortgage the past year. We won't have a payment in September or October (or ever) so that savings will easily pay for the trip. I'm looking forward to my debt-free post in about a month.

Leave a comment:

• Randomsaver
    replied
    Great job everybody! Love reading the posts. It's not a race, just a countdown.

Leave a comment:

• Randomsaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post

I am being moved to a new department as the Company re-organizes. It is sickening to not know the future job-wise. It is times like this that I am happy I can look at my mortgage and take comfort that it is in a manageable state.

Mortgage Principal : $68K
    Mortgage Principal : $67K

Leave a comment:

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    Originally posted by corn18 View Post
    RSU's vested and I sold them. Bonus came in. I now have a mortgage balance of $575k and I have $595k sitting in a money market account.
    Nice move.

Leave a comment:

• corn18
    replied
    RSU's vested and I sold them. Bonus came in. I now have a mortgage balance of $575k and I have $595k sitting in a money market account.

Leave a comment:

• Jluke
    replied
    July 2019: $185,517

No extra paid this month either.
    Last edited by Jluke; 07-03-2019, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greenskeeper
    replied
    July payment....$92k to go

Leave a comment:

• mumof2
    replied

New balance is $4,032.03.
    how exciting...I'm excited for you so close....congrats

Leave a comment:

• Keshet