No announcement yet.

House Mortgage -- Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While it isn't a mortgage, but I got a call last evening from my youngest son that has had his difficulties, but there is one thing he has to kind of quote Dave Ramsey - 'gazelle-like intensity' when it comes to money (he is a DR fan). He has been working full time for years now and because he had a student loan and a car payment to pay on he is always picking up part-time income. With the help of my folks, they paid off his last $1K on his student loans. They are so proud to see how focused he has been in getting his bills taken care of. So what did he do yesterday? With the help of his current PT job, his car payment is paid off and he has no bills to pay! I am so proud of him. Just him managing to get a job and being able to keep it is a miracle due to the autism, yet he did it and is so proud of himself. After years of working at our local grocery store and so proud of finally getting a 'normal' job (the store would hire him back today if he walked in and asked), his current PT job is Insta-cart where he does the grocery shopping and delivering of the groceries. He gets lots of 5-star reviews, tips, etc. Wonder how he got so good at grocery shopping--HMMMM! I think one of the big reasons that he focuses so hard on getting bills paid off, etc. is that experience has taught him that not every boss is willing to work with a person like him and on job apps, he refuses to say that he has a disability of any kind. He wants to compete in the same world as most others do. Oh yeah, he has full intention to keep up with the PT job as well.
    Gailete
    http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

• May payment.....$95k to go. Something tells me the last 100k will be the quickest!
      Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenskeeper View Post
        May payment.....$95k to go. Something tells me the last 100k will be the quickest!
        What’s your break down of principal to interest - 80:20; 90:10?

of course this part of the amortization schedule will hit the principal amount fast now.

Enjoy the final leg of payments!

Comment

Something tells me the last 100k will be the quickest!
          It will since more of each payment will go to principal.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

• June payment made.

First time ever (I believe) I did not pay more than the required amount.

Sent $500 to vanguard instead. either for taxable investing or continue to accumulate for next year’s Roth contribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post

D-Day has come.

Mortgage Principal : $69K
              I am being moved to a new department as the Company re-organizes. It is sickening to not know the future job-wise. It is times like this that I am happy I can look at my mortgage and take comfort that it is in a manageable state.

Mortgage Principal : $68K
              Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

• Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

May payment made.

New balance: $7,619.67
                June payment made.

New balance $5,329.66

I'm hoping to pay it off with the August payment. I may have to pull a bit out of savings to do that. It depends on how some upcoming expenses turn out.
                Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

• Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

June payment made.

New balance $5,329.66

I'm hoping to pay it off with the August payment. I may have to pull a bit out of savings to do that. It depends on how some upcoming expenses turn out.
                  Do it!

Comment

• Disney Steve that is amazing...so hard when you get to that point to not just pay it off and do a big happy dance...so happy that you are so close...I'm so excited for you

Comment

• June payment...$93K to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Jluke View Post

What’s your break down of principal to interest - 80:20; 90:10?

of course this part of the amortization schedule will hit the principal amount fast now.

Enjoy the final leg of payments!
                        about 70/30, I've always paid some amount of extra towards the principal each month...as much as a few thousand dollars sometimes.

Comment

June payment...$93K to go
                          Greens, when do you anticipate having the mortgage fully paid off?
                          james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

• We owe $330,327.75...still a ways to go.

Following some of the other comments here on the forums our interest rate on the mortgage is 3.99%. Of this our total monthly payment is $2,365.65. This comprises $1,667.03 principle and interest ($568.69 in principle and $1,098.34 in interest) and $698.62 escrow. The escrow is PMI, county taxes and unitowners insurance.

I'm thinking there may be refinancing opportunities here.
                            Last edited by james.hendrickson; 06-02-2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

Greens, when do you anticipate having the mortgage fully paid off?
                              with zero additional payments (which has never occurred since we bought the house) it will be 8 years

realistically around 5, possibly less.

required monthly mortgage payment with P/I/E is around $1500

Comment

with zero additional payments (which has never occurred since we bought the house) it will be 8 years

realistically around 5, possibly less.

required monthly mortgage payment with P/I/E is around $1500
                                Greens - still, thats pretty good. A lot of people never get their loans paid off.

Comment

Working...
                                X