Costco pizza is extremely popular among members and non-members. In fact, many travel to Costco just to buy a slice or a whole pie. Like everything else at Costco, you may find your pizza a little bit larger than normal. How many slices does a Costco pizza have?
How Many Slices Does a Costco Pizza Have?
A typical pizza that you order from say, Papa John’s or Pizza Hut has eight slices. This is fairly standard across the board. However, Costco slices a few more pieces for you and the family, while keeping the price low ($9.99). In truth, there are three answers to the question, “How many slices does a Costco pizza have?”
- Eight large slices. You can request they cut your pizza into eight, large slices of pizza. You may find these slices a bit too big to handle though because Costco pies are quite large.
- Standard Costco cut (12). Employees are asked to cut each pie into 12 slices if the customer does not specify otherwise.
- Double-cut (16). If you’d like even more slices of pizza out of your Costco pie, ask the employee assisting you to get it double cut. Then, you will have 16 slices of pizza.
Costco Pizza Quality
Despite the pizza being cut into more slices, you still get a decent slice of pizza. You may even find you can feed more people swinging through the Costco food court than grabbing one to bake at home yourself (even though they are the same size).
Where quality and taste are concerned – Costco manages to make a frugal, cheap meal one of the tastiest you’ll have all week. As mentioned in the video above, they don’t skimp on toppings either. Whether you want cheese, pepperoni, or another combination, it will have the perfect amount of everything in every bite.
Ordering Costco Pizza
As mentioned above, you can order a Costco pizza through the store’s food court window. You can nab a cheesy, delicious pizza a few other ways too.
- Take-n-bake. Costco also provides its pizza unbaked for you to take home and make yourself. This is a good option if you’d like to add some additional toppings at home.
- Order at checkout. If you’re at Costco shopping, you can stop at the food court and order your pizza before you do your shopping or you can add it to your total at checkout. The order will go over to the food court, and you can pack up the car while your pizza is prepared.
- Call ahead and order. Costco also allows people to call the food court ahead of time and order a pizza. All you have to do is leave your name and whether you’d like pepperoni or cheese.
When it comes down to it, Costco pizza is a great low-cost (and low-maintenance) meal to include in your family’s weekly meal plan. At $9.99 for 12 slices, you can’t beat it!
Readers, do you enjoy Costco’s pizza?