Affordable Labor Day Travel Destinations
Where you decide to travel this Labor Day will have an impact on how much your trip will cost, of course. According to KAYAK, these will be the most affordable Labor Day travel destinations.
St. Louis budget hotels hover around $105 per night. Flights into St. Louis are also extremely affordable at this time of year. You may even be able to find flights as low as $131 round-trip if you book through a third-party site. Many of the hotels in St. Louis also offer special packages for your stay. For instance, the Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel offers families a package with movie tickets, parking, and breakfast.
There is plenty to do in D.C. for the Labor Day holiday. If you’ve ever visited the nation’s Capitol you know there are a plethora of museums to visit. On Labor Day, the National Symphony Orchestra also puts on a free concert. Because there are plenty of airports nearby, you should be able to find an affordable plane ticket without much of a problem.
Local hotels are normally a bit pricey. However, the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill is offering rooms from $112 per night. If you’re a member of AAA you’ll get an additional 10% off and free breakfast for two.
New Orleans is generally an affordable trip all year long. Through Labor Day weekend you should be able to find flights from $149 round-trip and you’ll be able to see New Orleans’ LGBT festival in full swing. Because of the festival, there will be plenty of deals on activities, events, and hotels in the area. If you’re finding everything is booked, you may want to consider an Airbnb.
New River Gorge
Individuals living around West Virginia may consider a drive to New River Gorge. It is a short weekend drive from a number of locations on the East Coast. Adventures on the Gorge, an adventure resort in Fayetteville, W. Va., is offering a buy one outdoor activity, get one free special Labor Day weekend. You’ll pay just $149 for two people to go whitewater rafting and $99 for ziplining for two (the regular price for one). You can choose your accommodations based on your budget as well. The resort has campsites from $15 and cabins available (up to $1,150 per night for a luxury cabin).
Families may be looking for something that everyone will enjoy. If that’s the case, consider a trip to Hershey Park. Once again, many people on the East Coast can easily drive there for the weekend. A price tag of $458 per night (for a family of four) will get you free breakfast and free admission to Hershey Park for kids under the age of 17.
Labor Day Flight Deals
If you’re less concerned with the destination and just want a quick getaway you may make your decision based on the price of a round-trip ticket. According to CN Traveler, there are still some great deals to be had when booking your Labor Day weekend flight. Here are some of the best prices still available.
- Dallas to Los Angeles: You may find round-trip tickets to L.A. from Dallas for as little as $277 with Delta airlines.
- New York to London: Fly with Wow Air from NY to London round-trip for $380.
- Houston to San Diego: Round-trip flights to San Diego from Houston Labor Day weekend on United are running about $233.
- L.A. to Austin: Fly into Austin from L.A. and back for just $262 with Delta.
- Atlanta to Cancun: You can get an amazing deal on flights to Cancun from Atlanta with American Airlines. Average round-trip ticket prices for Labor Day weekend are hovering around $286.
- San Francisco to Honolulu: Get away to Hawaii for just $397 round-trip from San Francisco. (Hawaiian Airlines)
- Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale: Ft. Lauderdale is a popular Labor Day travel destination. You can get a round-trip ticket from Chicago for just $294 with United Airlines.
It is important to note that, for the most part, a good deal on travel is going to occur when you’ve booked far enough in advance or are able to fly in or out of an international airport. You can also save money by making travel plans within driving distance of your home or finding events closer to you.
These are just a few of the best travel deals this Labor Day. Readers, are you traveling over the holiday weekend? Did you score a good deal?
- When is Labor Day?
- Discounted Fun: Costco Disney Tickets and Great Deals on Travel
- Which Airport Layovers Add Big Bucks to Your Travel Bill
- Which Credit Card Has the Best Travel Rewards Program?
- The Ins and Outs of Costco Travel