Amazon’s low prices also appear to be consistent no matter where you’re ordering from (whereas retail chains with brick-and-mortar stores tend to price in local variations in the cost of living.
That said, Walmart actually has a slightly larger selection than Amazon does — well, one additional brand.
Where Are the Best-Priced Condoms?
Generally speaking, the price per condom goes down as you scale up the number of them you buy — buy at least two dozen at a time and it goes below a buck apiece for most brands.
That said, here’s a comparison of prices of condom brands at half a dozen retailers — from the vantage point of Charlotte, NC. It’s not unusual to see a variation of up to 35% in prices that reflect the cost of transporting goods from one location to the next. To get a more precise estimate of regional differences in prices, try using a cost of living calculator like this one.
- Trojan: A 40-count Trojan Pleasure Pack costs $13.45 (about 34 cents apiece).
- Trojan: The Trojan pleasure pack at Costco only costs $11.49 and has four extra condoms in the box, for a total of 40 altogether (about 29 cents apiece).
- ONE: You can get a mixed pack of 100 ONE condoms for $24.99 (about 25 cents apiece).
- Trojan: A 36-count pleasure pack is $29.49 at CVS Pharmacy (82 cents apiece).
- Durex: Twenty-four packs of Durex are priced at $21.29 ($0.88 each).
- LifeStyles: LifeStyles cost $14.49 for 14 ($1.04 each).
- ONE: Get 24 of these for $22.49 (93 cents apiece).
- Lelo: Three of these condoms cost $9.74 ($3.25 apiece).
- NOW: A box of 144 for $26.24 (18 cents apiece).
- Kimono: Get a 3 pack of Kimono condoms for $2.99 (99 cents apiece).
- L.: The brand L. is priced at $17.99 for 12 ($1.50 apiece).
- Trojan: The Trojan Pleasure Pack costs $18.49 (about 51 cents apiece).
- Durex: A 24-pack costs $7.99 at Target (about 33 cents apiece),
- LifeStyles: Packs of 14 LifeStyles condoms only cost $5.29 (37 cents apiece).
- Lelo: You can get 36 Lelo Hex condoms for $26.49 (74 cents apiece).
- ONE: ONE condoms cost $16.29 for a 40 pack (40 cents apiece).
- Kimono: Kimono brand condoms cost $14.99 for 24 (62 cents apiece).
- NOW: At Target, NOW condoms cost $29.99 for 144 condoms (about 20 cents apiece).
- Trojan: A 36-pack Trojan Pleasure Pack costs $27.99 (about 77 cents apiece).
- Durex: Packs of 24 Durex are priced around $20.99 (about 87 cents apiece).
- Lelo: Walgreens sells a dozen of these for $19.90 (about $1.66 apiece).
- Okamoto: Twenty-four Okamoto condoms costs $24.99 ($1.04 apiece).
- Trojan: Trojans at Walmart are priced at $18.47 per 36-pack (51 cents apiece).
- Durex: A 24-pack costs $9.99 (about 41 cents apiece).
- LifeStyles: Shoppers can get a 40 pack of LifeStyles at Walmart for $9.39 (23 apiece).
- Lelo: A 12-pack costs $14.88 ($1.24 apiece).
- ONE: ONE condoms cost $9.88 for 12 (82 cents apiece).
- NOW: The 144-pack of NOW condoms costs $27.27 (18 cents apiece).
- Crown: Crown condoms cost $15.70 for a box of 144 (about 15 cents apiece).
- Kimono: Walmart sells 24 packs of Kimono condoms for $14.99 (about 62 cents apiece).
- Okamoto: Get 10 for $15.82 at Walmart ($1.58 apiece).
- Sustain: It costs $13 for 10 condoms ($1.30 apiece).
- Glyde: A 12-pack costs $14.99 ($1.25 apiece).
There are also ways to get condoms for free and without having to answer any questions. Try any of these:
- Municipal Health Department
- Planned Parenthood
- Doctors’ Offices
An important thing to keep in mind before you free condoms: look at the expiration dates on the packaging before using them. Not everyone who gives these things away remembers to weed out the expired rubbers from the stash.
Whether you get them free or decide to pay for condoms, it doesn’t hurt to look around for the best source for condoms.
Readers, where have you gone for condoms — and did you pay for them or get them free?
Read More About Amazon and Costco
- Is the Costco Photo Center Your Best Option?
- Amazon Coupons: How to Find and Use Coupons on Amazon
- Amazon Begins Offering Free Turkey Promotion
- Is the Costco Membership Fee Worth it?
- Is a Costco Executive Membership Worth the Price?
- What Is the Costco Return Policy?
- Where Can You Find Costco Coupons?
- Free Ebook: Guide to Shopping at Costco
- Costco Hours of Operation
- New Costco Locations for 2018