For the most part, banks will be closed on Easter Sunday. If your bank has a branch in a supermarket that is normally open on Sunday, it will still likely be closed for the holiday. If you have a question about your specific bank’s Easter hours, you can always visit or call to verify.
What About Good Friday?
As for the days surrounding the Easter holiday, including Good Friday, here’s what most banks and credit unions’ schedules will look like.
- Good Friday: Banks and credit unions will be open regular hours on Good Friday.
- Easter Saturday: Banks will be open the day before Easter if they normally have Saturday hours.
- Easter: Most, if not all, banks and credit unions will be closed on Easter.
- Monday, April 2: Banks will reopen on Monday for regular business hours; however, some regional banks may close on Monday, April 2 in observance of the Easter holiday. Call your bank ahead of time to verify it will be open on Monday.
Why Aren’t Banks Open on Easter?
Banks, credit unions and other types of financial institutions typically set their hours based on the availability of centralized infrastructure for clearing checks and wiring money between banks.
Even if your bank will be closed you can still perform many basic banking tasks at the ATM, using the bank’s website, or the institution’s mobile phone app. These tools let you make deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and other transactions while the bank is closed.
Holiday closures are a great reason to start using web or mobile phone banking apps if you don’t already. Many of them include listings of your bank’s operating hours. You might also want to check out this printable holiday schedule.
Readers, what have you done to better access money during the holidays?
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
Read More About Easter
- Walmart is Open on Easter — and Here’s What’s on Sale
- Where Are The Best Easter Deals and Freebies?
- So… the Post Office Is Not Open on Easter?
- Why Are the Markets Closed on Good Friday (and not Just Easter)?
- What’s Open on Easter — and Good Friday?
- It’s Closed on Easter but You Can Still Find Costco Easter Deals