Presidents Day Sales on Home Goods
Whether you’re in the market for a new mattress or any other type of home furnishing, this is the weekend to shop for it.
Nearly every category of household item goes on sale around Presidents Day. Here are just a few of the best deals available on household items.
- Ashley HomeStore: Save 40% off all beds and get free shipping
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Save 20% and get free shipping on orders over $29
- Best Buy: Save up to 35% on refrigerators, ranges, washers and dryers
- CB2: Enjoy up to 50% off a variety of household items
- Crate & Barrel: Media storage is 20% off
- eBay: Use the code PRES20 to save 20% on all manner of household items
- Ikea: Save 20% on mattresses over $120 all week long
- JC Penney: 25% to 30% off, online only
- Kohl’s: Clearance sales of up to 70% off
- LivingSpaces: Save up to 50% on mattresses
- Pottery Barn: Save 20% on dinnerware and linens
- Sears: Up to 40% off appliances
- Sleep Number: Some mattresses are half off, and all beds have 24-month financing options
- Target: Save up to 30% when you use the code GEORGE
- Wayfair: Save up to 70% on mattresses, bedding, and bedroom furniture
- West Elm: Some items are marked down as much as 60%
High Tech Items
Generally, technology and electronic items are big sellers on Presidents Day. Some of the widest selection of markdowns on technology this year can be found at Best Buy, where you can find laptops, desktops, monitors and storage on sale from Acer, AOC, Apple, Asus, Dell, Lenovo, HP, and Sandisk.
However, you will save even more money if you go direct to the manufacturers’ online stores, where most things are priced even better. That what our sibling blog, The Frugalpreneur, has discovered about this year’s sales on technology.
Dell’s site has savings of up to 40% off, including:
- An Inspiron 11 3000 laptop going on sale for just $129.99 at 2 pm EST on Monday — although it’s already pretty cheap at $199.
- $300 off the price of the XPS 13 multimedia laptop (the starting price is $999.99) with an additional $119 in rewards;
- $600 off the price of an LG 65-inch 4K Ultra SMart UHD TV (for a price of $799.99), plus a free $150 Dell gift card; and
- An Xbox One S bundle with Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds game for $249, plus a free $50 Dell gift card.
HP’s website has markdowns of up to 55% on laptops, desktops, printers, monitors and other accessories.
A wide variety of stores have sales on clothing — and also extend the deals into other departments. Here are some of the best deals on clothing during Presidents Day weekend.
- Aeropostale: Up to 60% off everything online and in the store
- Amazon: Actually every single product category has sales — with some deals shwoing up for very short periods of time — and markdowns are as high as 70%
- Ann Taylor: Save 50%
- Barney’s Warehouse: Save up to 75% on men’s designer collections and leather goods
- Bonobos: Clearance sales are up to 75% off
- Banana Republic: 40% off your order, no code needed, some exclusions apply.
- Foot Locker: Use the discount code IPFL2R52 for $25 off orders worth $125, $40 off $175, and $55 off $225, plus free shipping
- Gap: Up to half off everything on the site and in the store
- Kate Spade: Use the promotional code SPARKLE to save 30%
- Lord & Taylor: Save up to 50% on clothing and 60% on jewelry when you shop online; in stores there are discounts of up to 80% off clearance items
- Macy’s: Save 20% on clothing through Monday
- Lands End: Save up to 30% when you use the code FAMILY
- Naturalizer: Save 25% and get free shipping
- Old Navy: Save up to 50%
- Nordstrom: Get up to 60% off on clothing
- Ralph Lauren: Enjoy up to 60% off select items
- Saturdays NYC: Fall and winter clothing are up to half off
- ShoeMall: Get 25% off using the discount code PRES25
- Todd Snyder: Save up to 50% on fall and winter clothing
- Urban Outfitters: Save up to 40% on loungewear and undergarments
Of course, a good deal only happens when you are buying something that you would have bought in the first place. Going out to buy something just because it is on sale doesn’t actually save you any money if you weren’t already planning on buying it.
Don’t know when to find discount while shopping online? Visit CouponsMonk, one of the trusted coupons and promo provider of US stores.
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.