Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s Profile:
Net worth in 2017: $5 million
Profession/Source of Wealth: Real estate and television hosting
Residence: Las Vegas, Nevada
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens
Marital Status: Married; Two children
About Bristol and Aubrey Marunde
If you frequent HGTV, you are probably familiar with Bristol and Aubrey Marunde. The couple, who met at an Ultimate Fighting Championship fight in 2009, are the stars of the reality television show “Flip or Flop Vegas.” Together, Bristol and Aubrey flip houses in the Vegas and make some serious cash, all while the cameras roll.
Over the course of their careers in real estate, the couple has purchased, renovated and flipped 150 homes in the Las Vegas area. The two met, as mentioned above, at a UFC fight. Bristol had moved to Vegas to start a career in mixed martial arts. Aubrey moved to Sin City for college and always had a knack for real estate after watching her father (a contractor) work her entire life.
Bristol and Aubrey met, fell in love and now have an extremely strong real estate team. While Aubrey envisions the design and style of the home, Bristol does the physical labor as a contractor. The only thing more important than their business is their family. The couple is raising two sons and hopes to be able to provide other Vegas-area families with a family home to live in.
So, how has the business faired so far? What is Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s net worth?
Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s Net Worth
Usually you talk about the net worth of a single person. Because the couple has built so much of their business around one another though, Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s net worth is pretty intertwined. It is estimated to be around $5 million, each of them bringing a little over $2 million to the table.
What is surprising about this is that neither of them have had any time in the spotlight yet (not really, anyway). The first episode of “Flip or Flop Vegas” aired in April 2017. So, all of their current $5 million net worth has stemmed from the work they’ve done in real estate.
In addition to the cash they’ve earned through their real estate business, they’ve also landed a pretty awesome house for themselves. It is said that the couple even have a small petting zoo for their children, Kale and Kane. Another notable part of the home is the “Vegas Glam” Aubrey is known for adding to all of the homes seen on the show. Their home accounts for at least $1 million of their overall net worth.
As previously mentioned, Bristol and Aubrey have flipped more than 150 homes in the Sin City area. Until they landed the show on HGTV, that was the only way their family was bringing in any money. So, how do you successfully flip houses?
Making Money Flipping Houses
Flipping houses isn’t for everyone. Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s net worth has only reached $5 million by being wildly successful with what they do. So, how do you flip a house and make money like they did?
- You’ll need cash to get started. If you’re interested in flipping houses for money you’ll need some extra cash and good credit. It isn’t likely that you will have the cash to buy a house outright and renovate it so you may need to pull out a loan. This can prove to be difficult if you have poor credit or no money to put down.
- Research the local market. Once you’ve saved up some cash, you need to research the local real estate market. Learn about what areas are popular, what people are looking for and, most of all, learn what people are paying. Find out if you need to leave the area that you live in (maybe travel to the suburbs) to make a profit.
- Research the general cost of repairs. After you’ve familiarized yourself with the local real estate market, you’ll want to figure out what the general cost of repairs are. If you know how to do most repairs yourself, you’ll save a ton of money. However, you’ll also want to call plumbers and other handymen to make sure you have the money available to make the repairs necessary.
- Know what price you need. Once you know the local market and the price of repairs you’ll need to know what price you are aiming to buy at to make a profit. If a home costs $100,000, needs $50,000 in repairs but will only bring in $145,000 it probably isn’t worth the time.
- Be sure you can rent it profitably. Lastly, be sure you can rent the property and make a profit. As you know, not everyone is as successful with flipping homes as Bristol and Aubrey. If you can’t flip the property, you’ll want to be sure that you can, at the very least, rent it.
Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s net worth is the product of spectacular success in the real estate market. While not everyone will be as successful as the duo, you can make some serious cash flipping houses.
Have you successfully flipped houses? What do you think about Bristol and Aubrey Marunde’s net worth?
You may also enjoy reading: