That’s right. Phone manufacturers like Apple and Samsung have come out with their own ways to pay but not every place you go will be tech-savvy enough to accept your payment that way yet. So, if you frequent a store you may be wondering if they will accept your new futuristic way to pay. Many people may even wonder, “does Costco accept Apple Pay?”
Forms of Payment at Costco
What forms of payment that are accepted at Costco have gotten a little confusing for some people. After the company announced it would no larger accept American Express (effectively ending a 19-year relationship with the credit card company). If you would like to know what forms of payment are accepted at Costco, check out this article.
Does Costco Accept Apple Pay?
Outside of traditional cash, check, credit and debit cards though, you may be out of luck at Costco when it comes to Apple Pay. Most Costco stores have not had the opportunity to make their systems able to accept Apple Pay payments. However, there may be some Costco locations that have had the chance to update their system. So, you can give your local Costco a call to see if they accept mobile payment.
This doesn’t seem to be a big deal for members though. Costco’s memberships continue to rise, even though they don’t always keep up with the times. Many customers have also noted that credit card chip readers and more “modern” forms of payment won’t go though at Costco either. It’s not too surprising though. Costco is constantly trying to keep costs low so that prices may also remain low.
What Stores Accept Apple Pay?
- Does Walmart accept Apple Pay? Walmart does not accept Apple Pay at this time. However, they do allow mobile payments through Walmart Pay, the company’s app.
- Does Target accept Apple Pay? Target accepts Apple Pay and other forms of mobile payment.
- Does Sam’s Club accept Apple Pay? Walmart and Sam’s Club are essentially owned by the same family so it comes as no surprise that Sam’s Club does not accept Apple Pay either.
- Does Kroger accept Apple Pay? Currently, like many other grocers, Kroger does not accept Apple Pay.
- Does Aldi accept Apple Pay? Aldi prides itself on simplicity so it’s no surprise that it does not accept Apple Pay.
- Do convenience stores accept Apple Pay? Some convenience stores will accept Apple Pay. It will vary from location to location.
- Does Starbucks accept Apple Pay? Starbucks was one of the first places to begin accepting Apple Pay and continues to accept the form of payment now.
Some Places to Use Apple Pay
If you are itching to try out the new form of payment you can also go to any of the following stores which all accept Apple Pay:
- Apple Store
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Chili’s Grill & Bar
- Panera Bread
- Whole Foods Market
Apple Pay is a form of payment that not many retailers are using yet but with Samsung Pay launching as well you may see it become more accepted in the future.
Have you used Apple Pay at any of these locations (or others)? We’d like to know about your experience!
You may also enjoy reading: