Today is free shipping day, a day where most online shoppers are getting their last-minute shopping items. “Free Shipping Day” is a day where online shoppers can take advantage of free shipping and other perks. While many online shoppers have come to expect free shipping during the holiday season, today is a little bit different.
Over 1,000 retailers are participating in today’s “free shipping” event. Retailers, like Wal-Mart are waiving their cost minimums for free shipping. Normally, you have to spend at least $50 to qualify for free shipping. However, “free shipping day” provides free shipping no matter how much you spend. Each of the retailers are guaranteeing delivery by Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve), but “free shipping day” may just be another trap.
“Free shipping day” won’t be the first (or last) time that you’ll ever be able to receive free shipping on an item. The following companies are offering free shipping in different capacities throughout the holidays:
- Best Buy – no minimum purchase necessary to receive free shipping throughout the holidays. Also, get free gift cards with hundreds of purchases.
- Target – no minimum purchase to receive free shipping. Also, $10 off purchases of $50 (and up) and $25 off $100 (and up).
- Microsoft Store – no necessary minimum purchase to get free shipping. Get a $100 gift card with purchase of HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.
- HP – no minimum purchase necessary for free shipping. Get up to 50% off most items.
- Under Armour – you won’t need to make a minimum purchase to get free shipping and you can also get 25% off most items at Under Armour.
- Overstock – Overstock is a popular site for Christmas shopping and through the season you won’t have to pay for shipping (not just on Free Shipping Day). Also, receive up to 70% off your purchase.
Amazon Prime members are offered free shipping all year round as well. Prime members last day for two-day shipping (to be delivered on Christmas Eve) is Dec. 22. Keep in mind, Prime member’s shipping isn’t exactly “free,” members must pay $99 per year for the Prime membership.
Look out for “Free Shipping Day” Deals
Some stores who are participating in “free shipping day” may also be offering some additional perks. Of course, free shipping is already saving you about $10, but some retailers are offering an additional percentage off site-wide. You may even see 30 and 50 percent off site-wide, copying some Cyber Monday deals.
Because “free shipping” has become commonplace, many retailers have had to step up and try something new to attract people to their “free shipping day” deals. Many of them are dropping their minimum purchase requirement, and some are not placing a minimum purchase requirement at all.
Retailers who are participating in the “free shipping day” event may also be offering some deals on the hotter items of the season like technology, gadgets and the more popular toys of the year.
Free shipping day is a day that online shoppers can get a good deal. If you don’t have time to go into the store, don’t worry, free shipping day offers some great deals along with the benefit of not having to pay for shipping. Make sure you have a list of things you would like to buy before you login to start your online shopping spree, make notes of places offering special deals today and check those places first.