No announcement yet.

Retirement Savings -- Countup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the most awesome site ever WRT Social Security. You can put in your basic data and it will spit out the net present value of your benefits. Plus a lot more info.

Comment

I'm not sure how to use that calculator ^ if my spouse isn't eligible for SS because he has a gov't pension?? Even if I put his info and then 0 for his PIA it still gives me a strategy for him to collect. Wonder if I should say I'm single??

Comment

Originally posted by Thrif-t View Post
        I'm not sure how to use that calculator ^ if my spouse isn't eligible for SS because he has a gov't pension?? Even if I put his info and then 0 for his PIA it still gives me a strategy for him to collect. Wonder if I should say I'm single??
        Your spouse is still eligible for spousal benefits, but it will be reduced by 2/3 the amount of the government pension (Government Pension Offset [GPO]). That calculator cannot do that.

Comment

Originally posted by corn18 View Post
          This is the most awesome site ever WRT Social Security. You can put in your basic data and it will spit out the net present value of your benefits. Plus a lot more info.
          Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks corn18!

I had to play a bit with the age 67 monthly PIA field to make sure the resulting age 62 annual PIA from the calculator matches the SS age 62 annual PIA.

Watch out world my Retirement Countup value just got amped up!

401K ............................................... $156K
          Social Security PV from age 62 ......$361K

Total Retirement Savings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$517K
          Last edited by Randomsaver; 04-30-2019, 08:05 PM.
          Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

Dow going through a bit of swings the past week. It had gone down as low as 25,350 but right now at 25,690

401K ............................................... $157K
            Social Security PV from age 62 .......$361K

Total Retirement Savings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..$518K

Comment

Dow turned south at 24,819 though it looks like it will go up today.

401K ............................................... $158K
              Social Security PV from age 62 .......$361K

Total Retirement Savings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..$519K

Comment

I honestly don't really bother to track my retirement accounts any more often than once a year after the year has ended. But I'm also only 33, so I have a ways to go. On the other hand, I realized that USAA lets me link my outside retirement accounts so now I actually see the balances any time I log into my bank account, which is convenient! So as of right now, my total in my retirement accounts is about $260k! I work for the federal Gov't though and have since I was 22, so I'll get a pension that I can figure into things as well.

Comment

This popped up when I logged into FIDO today:

Comment

This popped up when I logged into FIDO today:
                    Corn...is that right, you're almost at 2 million in retirement assets?
                    james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

Corn...is that right, you're almost at 2 million in retirement assets?
                      Today it is. That includes $700k of RSU's that vest at the end of the month.

Comment

Today it is. That includes $700k of RSU's that vest at the end of the month.
                        Outstanding Corn, I'm excited for you man. At some point I hope you'll share how you got there. : )
                        james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

Outstanding Corn, I'm excited for you man. At some point I hope you'll share how you got there. : )
                          James, corn has shared his story in great detail. It's a great story.
                          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

If I pulled everything out right now, after taxes and penalties, I would have $1,233,111. If I paid off my house, too, I would have $655,247.

Comment

If I pulled everything out right now, after taxes and penalties, I would have $1,233,111. If I paid off my house, too, I would have $655,247.
                              Of course that wouldn't be a wise thing to do but fun to play with the numbers.

I don't remember. Do you have a number in mind at which point retirement would work, regardless of whether or not you actually would pull the trigger at that point?
                              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

$1.8M with a paid off house. That would be fat. Allows $40k/year for travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X