Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james.hendrickson
    replied
    Here in Portland, Oregon much of the downtown was damaged in rioting. It was mostly superficial - graffiti and broken glass, but there was a good amount of it.

The Mayor has ordered a curfew tonight - we'll see if it helps.

It has been pretty amazing how quickly this has gone national.

Its going to be very expensive to fix - police overtime and more closures - plus lost business revenue along with downstream economic effects.

At this point I'm ready for the guard to be mobilized. Its out of control.

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMillionMan
    replied
    North of the Grove a nail salon on Melrose on fire with fire trucks on scene.

Leave a comment:

• docstudent
    replied
    It’s very bad, I live a half mile from Beverly Hills and there is nothing positive to report. The protestors are unhinged and are now focusing on “affluent” areas. There is no police protection so I’m hopeful that my complex and surrounding (businesses are spared). However, when the Fairfax and 3rd became the epicenter, then I knew what the outcome would be.

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMillionMan
    replied
    Huge crowds at Rodeo Drive (Los Angeles). Think Gucci, Armani, Coach, etc. No rioting yet. Entire Beverly Hills police station mobilized.

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMillionMan
    replied
    The Grove mall Click image for larger version

Name:	Grove.png
Views:	43
Size:	739.9 KB
ID:	711713

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMillionMan
    replied
    Nordstrom at The Grove now on fire (Los Angeles).

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I just saw on Facebook that there is rioting in Philly now.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Jluke View Post
    Is anyone (in general, not here) concerned about the lack of social distancing during these peaceful protests?

philly is still red but there are protests there. That could spread the virus even more
    Absolutely. Unfortunately the folks who do this kind of thing are the same folks who think the government is trying to control them by recommending masks and social distancing. I would not be at all surprised to learn that the groups behind the riots are the very same groups behind the quarantine protests.

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMillionMan
    replied
    Looting a Target & CVS at Berverly & La Cienega, Los Angeles.

Leave a comment:

• Jluke
    replied
    Is anyone (in general, not here) concerned about the lack of social distancing during these peaceful protests?

philly is still red but there are protests there. That could spread the virus even more

Leave a comment:

• docstudent
    replied
    I respect the democratic process and the voice of the populous. The American public will have to live with their decision of electing a leader, which is hell bent on further dividing an already divided nation. I hope that all U.S. citizens use their vote... to reimagine how our county can work for “ALL” of us.

Leave a comment:

• docstudent
    replied
    Singuy, I’m hopeful that you don’t hold a position, where you have the authority to hire/fire. Your mindset is disturbing and your unconscious/conscious biases are really detrimental to any positive change in our society. I hope you understand the privilege that you possess and your inability to understand the historical context of the situation might be the reason for your narrow minded perspective.

Leave a comment:

• cypher1
    replied
    Originally posted by Singuy View Post

So why are business owners not defending their property? Thought most Americans have plenty of guns laying around.
    It's easy to criticize when you're not in the middle of experiencing chaos, or witness businesses you grew up with up in flames. Then again, you must be an expert with defending a business against a mob. Are you from K-Town in LA in 92? Didn't think so. Please tell me what these businesses that got looted should have done. Then you have mob of rioters coming towards your block with only you and a couple employees, you have to ask yourself is it worth protecting property that can be replaced? My friend was basically shot at, and is not in favor of firearms, which I respect. However, that was the first I went there carrying, which I've never done before.
    Last edited by cypher1; 05-30-2020, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
    Los Angeles has 2 big groups of protesters, 1 in downtown LA, the other in the Fairfax district. Teargas being used. Rubber bullets. Standoffs. Not yet frenzied like Minneapolis but on the verge of it. They are targeting high end shopping malls at the Grove and Rodeo Drive.
    Reports are that many of the rioters and looters in Minnesota were from out of state and had ties to white supremacist groups. Their presence had absolutely nothing to do with George Floyd's murder. It was just a cover to cause havoc.
    Last edited by disneysteve; 05-30-2020, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMillionMan
    replied
    Los Angeles has 2 big groups of protesters, 1 in downtown LA, the other in the Fairfax district. Teargas being used. Rubber bullets. Standoffs. Not yet frenzied like Minneapolis but on the verge of it. They are targeting high end shopping malls at the Grove and Rodeo Drive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X