I want an iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiikeB View Post
    Its the 3GS that is now free, and yes it can run iOS 5. I think the $99 to go upgrade to a 4 is well worth it tho. Much better camera, much better display etc.
    In that case, I retract my earlier OS issue. Yes, the 3GS does run iOS5. The 3GS is also faster than the 3 (I know because I have the 3 and my wife has the 3GS).

I agree that the 4 has some advantages but I think the 3GS is a darned good device to get for free. If you don't want to spend the extra $100, you wouldn't be upset with a 3GS.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

My husband has an iphone, and I was supposed to have one last week (it was stolen in shipping). I love it. We have ipads too and I was resisting getting an iphone for the longest time because of the data plan, but I eventually gave in, because there just isn't a better phone. So after using DH's iphone every phone sucks by comparison.

I love apple products. They are not so overpriced for the quality that you get.

Apple is one of the true innovator companies and they are changing the way we live. I am never lost with its "maps" that is just like a hand held gps, I can always get an update to train schedule or service changes no matter where I am, I look up reviews on a restaurant that I randomly found to decide if we should eat there, I take a photo in a store and amazon will comparison shop for me, I am entertained and much more patient waiting in the doctor's office, DH face-times with me and baby every evening from his hotel when he is on a business trip, we save articles with "instapaper" to read them later and share etc... the list just goes on and on.

Yes, I love Apple!

Comment

Well that's causing me to change my tune. So 3gsI worth it free and 4, I can swing it, worth the 99 bucks. My wife has a Motorola DROID and its pretty cool but cost 200.

Comment

Originally posted by elessar78 View Post
          Well that's causing me to change my tune. So 3gsI worth it free and 4, I can swing it, worth the 99 bucks.
          If the $99 isn't an issue, I'd get the 4 without question. Why? It is the newer technology. It is better, stronger, faster... all the things you'd expect from newer technology. Better camera. Better display. Faster processing speeds. I still think the 3GS is a perfectly good device, especially for free, but given the choice, I'd pick the newer model.
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

I guess verizon no longer has the unlimited data plan either.

Comment

DisneySteve,
              Did you upgrade to the 4S?

Comment

Originally posted by Like2Plan View Post
                DisneySteve,
                Did you upgrade to the 4S?
                Not yet. Not due for an upgrade yet. When it is time, I will. I hate getting a brand new model anyway because there are always bugs that need to be worked out. I also don't advise people to upgrade the software right away (although both my wife and daughter did anyway).
                Steve

Comment

I love Iphones! I've had them from the beginning. With that said, I am not upgrading to the 4s unless my 4 dies on me. The features have not improved enough to warrant the premium for a 4s. I'd stick with the 4 until the 5 comes out.

Comment

I just upgraded to an iPhone 6. Should I get the insurance? It's $14/month for two lines.

There's a $200 vanishing deductible. I can cancel the insurance any time. I'm considering it for the first year at least.

Thoughts? Or is it better, in the event I kill the phone, to go on ebay and get an iPhone 5 as a replacement? They go for about $200 on ebay right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X