Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elessar78
    replied
    I just upgraded to an iPhone 6. Should I get the insurance? It's $14/month for two lines.

There's a $200 vanishing deductible. I can cancel the insurance any time. I'm considering it for the first year at least.

Thoughts? Or is it better, in the event I kill the phone, to go on ebay and get an iPhone 5 as a replacement? They go for about $200 on ebay right now.

Leave a comment:

• mcfroggin
    replied
    I love Iphones! I've had them from the beginning. With that said, I am not upgrading to the 4s unless my 4 dies on me. The features have not improved enough to warrant the premium for a 4s. I'd stick with the 4 until the 5 comes out.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Like2Plan View Post
    DisneySteve,
    Did you upgrade to the 4S?
    Not yet. Not due for an upgrade yet. When it is time, I will. I hate getting a brand new model anyway because there are always bugs that need to be worked out. I also don't advise people to upgrade the software right away (although both my wife and daughter did anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Like2Plan
    replied
    DisneySteve,
    Did you upgrade to the 4S?

Leave a comment:

• elessar78
    replied
    I guess verizon no longer has the unlimited data plan either.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by elessar78 View Post
    Well that's causing me to change my tune. So 3gsI worth it free and 4, I can swing it, worth the 99 bucks.
    If the $99 isn't an issue, I'd get the 4 without question. Why? It is the newer technology. It is better, stronger, faster... all the things you'd expect from newer technology. Better camera. Better display. Faster processing speeds. I still think the 3GS is a perfectly good device, especially for free, but given the choice, I'd pick the newer model.

Leave a comment:

• elessar78
    replied
    Well that's causing me to change my tune. So 3gsI worth it free and 4, I can swing it, worth the 99 bucks. My wife has a Motorola DROID and its pretty cool but cost 200.

Leave a comment:

• Nika
    replied
    My husband has an iphone, and I was supposed to have one last week (it was stolen in shipping). I love it. We have ipads too and I was resisting getting an iphone for the longest time because of the data plan, but I eventually gave in, because there just isn't a better phone. So after using DH's iphone every phone sucks by comparison.

I love apple products. They are not so overpriced for the quality that you get.

Apple is one of the true innovator companies and they are changing the way we live. I am never lost with its "maps" that is just like a hand held gps, I can always get an update to train schedule or service changes no matter where I am, I look up reviews on a restaurant that I randomly found to decide if we should eat there, I take a photo in a store and amazon will comparison shop for me, I am entertained and much more patient waiting in the doctor's office, DH face-times with me and baby every evening from his hotel when he is on a business trip, we save articles with "instapaper" to read them later and share etc... the list just goes on and on.

Yes, I love Apple!

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by MiikeB View Post
    Its the 3GS that is now free, and yes it can run iOS 5. I think the $99 to go upgrade to a 4 is well worth it tho. Much better camera, much better display etc.
    In that case, I retract my earlier OS issue. Yes, the 3GS does run iOS5. The 3GS is also faster than the 3 (I know because I have the 3 and my wife has the 3GS).

I agree that the 4 has some advantages but I think the 3GS is a darned good device to get for free. If you don't want to spend the extra $100, you wouldn't be upset with a 3GS.

Leave a comment:

• MiikeB
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    To be fair, though, we want innovation. The iPhone 3 is now 4 models ago (3GS, 4, 4S). That is an eternity in the technology world. I'm honestly surprised they are even still making the 3.
    Its the 3GS that is now free, and yes it can run iOS 5. I think the $99 to go upgrade to a 4 is well worth it tho. Much better camera, much better display etc.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    That IS important. The OS is very central to making the Apple platform experience enjoyable. I've had older Apple equipment that still works but I ran out of software I could use because the OS was no longer supported. Kinda annoying, but it's their way of forcing the upgrade.
    To be fair, though, we want innovation. The iPhone 3 is now 4 models ago (3GS, 4, 4S). That is an eternity in the technology world. I'm honestly surprised they are even still making the 3.

Leave a comment:

• elessar78
    replied
    That IS important. The OS is very central to making the Apple platform experience enjoyable. I've had older Apple equipment that still works but I ran out of software I could use because the OS was no longer supported. Kinda annoying, but it's their way of forcing the upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Steve the iPhone 3 is now free since they released the 4s. Anything negative about the 3? I hate to spend the money and I don't need need the latest and greatest.
    As far as I know, the 3 is not able to upgrade to the new operating system, iOS5. So I'd call that a serious negative. Not that I need to have the latest and greatest either but the problem you'll start running into is the folks writing apps won't make them backwards compatible. My daughter just had to replace her iPod touch partly due to that and partly due to her battery dying.

I've been happy with the 3. The only negative of the device itself is it is rather slow but if you don't mind that, my main concern would be compatibility going forward. I have to double check on the iOS5 issue though. The website says only the 3GS and 4 are able to upgrade. I love my 3 but will upgrade when I'm due.
    Last edited by disneysteve; 10-24-2011, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• elessar78
    replied
    Steve the iPhone 3 is now free since they released the 4s. Anything negative about the 3? I hate to spend the money and I don't need need the latest and greatest.

Leave a comment:

• elessar78
    replied
    Strangely, I NEED my wife to be on the internet more. I know it's a double edged sword, but she misses too much communicae from me and others—not just the trivial stuff, but important stuff too.

From an economics standpoint, I'd just have had to ask myself if her being on the interntet is worth an extra $20 (we already pay for the small data package of $10) a month. I think it is in our case. I feel we "lose" more than that amount in actual money from things not getting done in a timely manner or just the frustration that is caused.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X