I want an iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Paid

I think our nation should consider having pre paid accounts. One of the advantage is consumers have the power to budget their calls and bills.

Comment

iPhones are big sellers so the other brands then have to offer big deals to compete.
      I always about the best phone and try get some sort of dealm it costs nothing to ask and could save money

Comment

It will be around 80 per month. I dont own any gadgets. I drive an old used car. I never had ipad, but I bought iphone 2G and still using it. Though, I dont get good reception at most of the places, I am not willing to get other phone. Also, I am eagerly waiting for iphone with Verizon and going to buy one as soon as it is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
          It will be around 80 per month. I dont own any gadgets. I drive an old used car. I never had ipad, but I bought iphone 2G and still using it. Though, I dont get good reception at most of the places, I am not willing to get other phone. Also, I am eagerly waiting for iphone with Verizon and going to buy one as soon as it is available.
          tbh Hector because you still have a 2g iPhone and and no other gadgets go splash out on a iPhone 4 if you can afford it. Life is bit cruddy at the moment so the little things will help
          but still, only if you can afford it

Comment

i personally think that apple products re grossly over priced and over rated. I mean there are other smartphones that do the same thing that the iphone does and at much cheaper price. That said i think the desire to buy apple products is because the marketing is very well done; you see them everywhere. I almost spent thousands of dollars on a 2010 macbook pro just because of the longer battery life. Later on, reading reviews, i realised that they were over stating the battery life and that there are other computers with much longer battery life. I think that before buying one, sit down and make sure you want the gadget for the right reason, not because steve jobs has a helluva sales pitch or because everyone has them

Comment

Originally posted by kenyantykoon View Post
              i personally think that apple products re grossly over priced and over rated.

I think that before buying one, sit down and make sure you want the gadget for the right reason, not because steve jobs has a helluva sales pitch or because everyone has them
              I agree to an extent. Apple products do command a premium price but I think some of that premium is justified by making a superior product. Marketing and status definitely play a part, too.

I totally agree with doing your homework and making sure that you are buying the product for the right reason, no matter which product you are buying. I put off buying an iPhone for a couple of years until I did my homework and determined what apps were going to be useful and practical for me and make owning the phone worth it. Since buying it, I've discovered even more apps that further convinced me that I made the right decision. I thought the phone was cool the moment they introduced it but I didn't bite until I knew it was the right choice for me.
              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

the retailser know they can sell the prices of the iPhone at this high price and get away with it because there is a high demand for it. people are buying them and there will be no difference next year when the next model comes out.

Comment

My work computer is a Mac, my home computer is a mac, and we have two iPods. But I've been hesitant to buy the iPhone only because I hate the recurring charge for the data package. HATE. But I believe in the next day or two, my wife will get the iPhone.

Mainly because I will push her to do so. She is frugal and is looking at Droids right now but I just think that her not being tech saavy, the user-friendly nature of the iPhone is right up her alley.

Comment

Originally posted by elessar78 View Post
                    I've been hesitant to buy the iPhone only because I hate the recurring charge for the data package.
                    This is what stopped me. I didn't want to be spending an extra $30/month for data unless I was sure I was going to make use of it and get my money's worth. If all you are going to do is check your facebook page or play Words with Friends, it probably isn't worth it. But once I realized how versatile it would be to have full internet access in my pocket 24/7, I soon came to the conclusion that the $30 would be money well spent and I haven't been sorry at all.
                    Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Strangely, I NEED my wife to be on the internet more. I know it's a double edged sword, but she misses too much communicae from me and others—not just the trivial stuff, but important stuff too.

From an economics standpoint, I'd just have had to ask myself if her being on the interntet is worth an extra $20 (we already pay for the small data package of $10) a month. I think it is in our case. I feel we "lose" more than that amount in actual money from things not getting done in a timely manner or just the frustration that is caused.

Comment

Steve the iPhone 3 is now free since they released the 4s. Anything negative about the 3? I hate to spend the money and I don't need need the latest and greatest.

Comment

Steve the iPhone 3 is now free since they released the 4s. Anything negative about the 3? I hate to spend the money and I don't need need the latest and greatest.
                          As far as I know, the 3 is not able to upgrade to the new operating system, iOS5. So I'd call that a serious negative. Not that I need to have the latest and greatest either but the problem you'll start running into is the folks writing apps won't make them backwards compatible. My daughter just had to replace her iPod touch partly due to that and partly due to her battery dying.

I've been happy with the 3. The only negative of the device itself is it is rather slow but if you don't mind that, my main concern would be compatibility going forward. I have to double check on the iOS5 issue though. The website says only the 3GS and 4 are able to upgrade. I love my 3 but will upgrade when I'm due.
                          Last edited by disneysteve; 10-24-2011, 07:00 AM.
                          Steve

Comment

That IS important. The OS is very central to making the Apple platform experience enjoyable. I've had older Apple equipment that still works but I ran out of software I could use because the OS was no longer supported. Kinda annoying, but it's their way of forcing the upgrade.

Comment

That IS important. The OS is very central to making the Apple platform experience enjoyable. I've had older Apple equipment that still works but I ran out of software I could use because the OS was no longer supported. Kinda annoying, but it's their way of forcing the upgrade.
                              To be fair, though, we want innovation. The iPhone 3 is now 4 models ago (3GS, 4, 4S). That is an eternity in the technology world. I'm honestly surprised they are even still making the 3.
                              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                                To be fair, though, we want innovation. The iPhone 3 is now 4 models ago (3GS, 4, 4S). That is an eternity in the technology world. I'm honestly surprised they are even still making the 3.
                                Its the 3GS that is now free, and yes it can run iOS 5. I think the $99 to go upgrade to a 4 is well worth it tho. Much better camera, much better display etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X