2016 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Presidential Election

Instead of bumping other political threads with comments or news that is off topic from the original OP, I created a thread for anything related to the election that you wish to share.

My first contribution to this thread is just another example of the puke worthy media.

Headline: Melania Trump Leaves Donald Over Trump Tape Controversy

Story: Melania "reportedly" refused to do a joint interview with her husband

Truth: Who the F knows. But the truth clearly doesn't match the misleading headline

Comment

We all voted 2 weeks ago. I wish that would exempt us from seeing, hearing, or reading anything about the election but sadly it doesn't work that way.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I already voted. I'm now limiting my viewing of news as much as possible. I can tell it stresses me out to watch it, so I feel much better when I don't .
        My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

It stresses me out as well and being bored at work doesn't help with trying to avoid it. My DW has an extremely stressful job so venting to her about something I read is not a good idea.

So I created this thread to dump it all here. I knew when I posted it that it wouldn't be one of the popular threads. But it will give me an outlet that others can use as well, regardless if their views match mine.

Comment

Got the say, thanks to the reality show drama of the current election, it sure got my wife interested..lol.

I don't understand why Trump couldn't just say "I'm sorry, people in power shouldn't do or say such a thing, I have done some things I was not proud of in the past, but now I've changed". Instead of opening the floodgate with him down playing the situation. His answer during the debate is pretty much the worst possible response. You know what females heard? "Stop being so sensitive about how I treat women, you guys don't understand that there's more important things at hand like ISIS, so get back into the kitchen and let us men take care of real business".

I wonder if he ever had a fight with a female. The thing they hate the most is when you down play something they whole heartily care about. Perhaps he never got that far and just divorce them when they get too rowdy.
            Last edited by Singuy; 10-14-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

So where is that headline? I've googled and am not finding it. It sounds like a silly supermarket rag or some online forum speculation as to what will happen rather than a report as to what actually has happened. Maybe google hasn't picked it up yet?
              "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

One of the reasons politicians hire campaign managers is to help them with what to say and do. Trump likes to say and do whatever he wants, regardless if it is good for his campaign. Regardless of what his advisers think/want him to do.

Anyone that was a fan of The Apprentice isn't shocked at this. It would be clear going into the board room who should be fired. His brilliant children would give him their take, and then he would just do whatever the heck he wanted with no logic to support it. Not meaning to speak ill of the dead, but Joan Rivers, RIP, should have never made it to the finale let alone win her season. Midway through the season you got the sense she wasn't going anywhere. And that was the last season I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Singuy View Post
                  Got the say, thanks to the reality show drama of the current election, it sure got my wife interested..lol.
                  It's funny that you say that. My wife has been the same way. She doesn't have the least bit of interest in politics, but this year, for the first time ever, she has watched all of the debates.

It has totally been like an awful reality TV show. I guess that's part of the appeal, not that she is generally into those types of shows. It's kind of like slowing down to stare at a bad accident on the highway. You just can't help yourself.
                  Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                  * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                  * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by Joan.of.the.Arch View Post

So where is that headline? I've googled and am not finding it. It sounds like a silly supermarket rag or some online forum speculation as to what will happen rather than a report as to what actually has happened. Maybe google hasn't picked it up yet?
                    I saw it on a local newspaper website, Triblive.

Below the list of stories, it says "Powered by Newsmax"

http://triblive.com/

https://www.newsmaxfeednetwork.com/

Comment

So enough of the drama, we should have an educated discussion on their policies. What are your thoughts and what do you support?

Perhaps no one really knows their policies since everything on the news and the debate are about the following:

Sexual Abuse
                      Bill Clinton
                      Racism toward Mexicans/Muslims
                      ISIS
                      Emails.

None of those things are about policies per se..perhaps the one that deals with ISIS..

Comment

So apparently, I cannot see this supposed headline because it is not in the triblive news stories, but in an advertisement fed through by newsmax (not journalism,, but click bait). Use a good ad blocker and you won't even see that. If you do click on that clickbait it takes you to a faked up "People" story that sells you "Melania Trump's revolutionary anti-aging treatment."

P.S. Just found that if you reload that page the wrinkle cream name changes. Sometime Le'Esscens Revitalizing Wrinkle Cream; sometimes, L'Amour Anti-Wrinkle Cream. I suppose tomorrow this same "story-advertisement" will be clickbaited with some other female celebrity's name.
                        Last edited by Joan.of.the.Arch; 10-14-2016, 09:16 AM.
                        "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

What we've been seeing shouldnt be anything more than a wake up call. Its hard to imagine how it could be any more clear that how politics are run now is not the best way.

I havent met one single person that likes either candidates. No one has said...Hillary is the better candidate...or Trump is the better candidate. Ive heard a lot of responses like "I hate Hillary but shes better than Trump." There isnt anything positive about either one.

I dont believe the polls that major news groups are throwing around but I do think Hillary is going to win. What will change with the first woman president...NOTHING! The same change we saw with the first black president and how wonderful that was. It will simply be business as usual.

The great thing about the internet and one of the few benefits of social media are how easy it is to expose who these people really are. Wikileaks is also helping greatly. The inner workings of government and how corrupt things are ran. The groups that are catered to and who actually pull the strings. All of these things will become more transparent with technology. If its on a computer system linked to other computers...groups of people will find a way to steal that data and expose it.

The current model we have in place...this two party system will not sustain itself. Something is going to have to change. This tug of war isnt productive and appointing one figure head to represent 300+ million people is a joke. Politics for us have only been around for 200 years. Its barely a newborn at this point. It will morph over time. Whether im around to see it or not is a different story.
                          Last edited by rennigade; 10-14-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Singuy View Post

I don't understand why Trump couldn't just say "I'm sorry, people in power shouldn't do or say such a thing, I have done some things I was not proud of in the past, but now I've changed". Instead of opening the floodgate with him down playing the situation. His answer during the debate is pretty much the worst possible response. You know what females heard? "Stop being so sensitive about how I treat women, you guys don't understand that there's more important things at hand like ISIS, so get back into the kitchen and let us men take care of real business".

I wonder if he ever had a fight with a female. The thing they hate the most is when you down play something they whole heartily care about. Perhaps he never got that far and just divorce them when they get too rowdy.
                            In fairness to Trump and pretty much any Republican accused and/or proven of wrongdoing, if he had simply apologized and say he changed the media would not stop pressing him and would then accuse him of ducking the question. When a liberal Democrat is in the same position and does what you say they will take them at their word and then spin it in a positive way that weren't ducking they are just trying to stick to the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Joan.of.the.Arch View Post
                              So apparently, I cannot see this supposed headline because it is not in the triblive news stories, but in an advertisement fed through by newsmax (not journalism,, but click bait). Use a good ad blocker and you won't even see that. If you do click on that clickbait it takes you to a faked up "People" story that sells you "Melania Trump's revolutionary anti-aging treatment."
                              Not sure how you got to where you did, but when I click the headline it took me to a story as I described in the OP (that she wouldn't do the joint interview). The site is foodfriendsandfitness and they don't cite where they got the "new report."

As for the ad blocker, I am at work and have no admin rights to the computer.

http://www.foodfriendsandfitness.com...w/?utm=4123912

Comment

Working...
                              X