Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House Mortgage -- Countdown

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post
    Mortgage Principal : $116K
    Mortgage Principal : $115K
    Kill the debt, before it kills you!

    Comment


      Joining in on Mortgage Countdown

      Just joining in on these forum things. Been reading the information on this site for awhile.

      My Mortgage currently has 19y3w left.(According to Bank). Started this process of buying a house 3 years ago, 25 year mortgage. Have reduced it by 23 weeks over the last 4 months(was at 19y40w on July 22).

      Started buying house when I had a good paying job. Was laid off a year after I started buying the house. Had a couple different jobs over the last couple years, that just managed to let me pay my bills. So for awhile was only making payments. Now have a good paying job, so I am able to make extra payments again.

      Hoping to have mortgage paid off in 10 years from now, if all things go as planned.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Guppy Tender View Post
        Just joining in on these forum things. Been reading the information on this site for awhile.

        My Mortgage currently has 19y3w left.(According to Bank). Started this process of buying a house 3 years ago, 25 year mortgage. Have reduced it by 23 weeks over the last 4 months(was at 19y40w on July 22).

        Started buying house when I had a good paying job. Was laid off a year after I started buying the house. Had a couple different jobs over the last couple years, that just managed to let me pay my bills. So for awhile was only making payments. Now have a good paying job, so I am able to make extra payments again.

        Hoping to have mortgage paid off in 10 years from now, if all things go as planned.
        That's a great plan, GT. Targeting 13 years of payment for a 25-year mortgage.
        Kill the debt, before it kills you!

        Comment


          We are at $37,263.75.
          Steve

          * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

          Comment


            $2600 additional principal payment this month, good to knock out 5 amortization payments. Usually I double the payment at $1470 but a bit extra was left over this month. About 5 years left give or take on the mortgage.
            Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.

            Comment


              Great updates guys! Keep at it!
              Kill the debt, before it kills you!

              Comment


                It's been quite a trip to get from here :

                Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post
                I'm kicking off 2015 with a psychological tactic : Forget the total debt balance for now and just focus paying on a smaller portion of it.

                So my new debt amount I will be focusing on is . . . . $43,000. I plan to pay this in 2.5 years.

                Focused Debt : $43K
                to here :

                Focused Debt : $0K


                It really helps compartmentalizing the big amount into smaller chunks psychologically so much so that I am going to start another one, albeit smaller so that it's FUNNER. I'm starting it Nov 2016 and targeting to complete April 2018.

                Focused Debt : $28K
                Kill the debt, before it kills you!

                Comment


                  Current Status

                  Well I made another extra payment, got rid of another 7 weeks. The house is now set to be totally paid off in 18 years and 46 weeks. On track.

                  Comment


                    If we are able to stick to our plan, we will have our mortgage paid off in 2022.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by StormRichards View Post
                      If we are able to stick to our plan, we will have our mortgage paid off in 2022.
                      It's great to have a plan, but dont get stressed out if you have to alter it. Life does happen. Stay encouraged !
                      Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and make bad choices.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post
                        It's been quite a trip to get from here :



                        to here :

                        Focused Debt : $0K


                        It really helps compartmentalizing the big amount into smaller chunks psychologically so much so that I am going to start another one, albeit smaller so that it's FUNNER. I'm starting it Nov 2016 and targeting to complete April 2018.

                        Focused Debt : $28K
                        Let's do it!

                        Focused Debt : $27K
                        Kill the debt, before it kills you!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Randomsaver View Post
                          Let's do it!

                          Focused Debt : $27K
                          Focused Debt : $26K
                          Kill the debt, before it kills you!

                          Comment


                            Made last scheduled payment of the year today.
                            New Balance $79990.37
                            Something about getting under 80K makes me smile!!!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tqf258 View Post
                              Made last scheduled payment of the year today.
                              New Balance $79990.37
                              Something about getting under 80K makes me smile!!!
                              Great job TFQ!! Did you do anything special to reduce the debt? Like the snowball method or hunting for extra money to pay off the balance?
                              james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com
                              202.468.6043

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
                                Great job TFQ!! Did you do anything special to reduce the debt? Like the snowball method or hunting for extra money to pay off the balance?
                                The last thing we did was refinacne to a 10 year mortgage about 4 years ago.
                                We just cash flowed about 40k in upgrades (Roof, AC, Floors and Repainting)
                                I hope to save enough for a lump sum payoff in the next year or so. Goal is to have it paid off before we turn 40.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X