Perfectly timed in the week before the commercially famed “Christmas in July,” Amazon Prime Day is the next best thing after Black Friday. Actually taking place over two days, Prime Day, shoppers will find tons of incredible deals – especially on technology. So, when does Amazon Prime Day start? And how can we get the best deals?
When Does Amazon Prime Day Start?
The fun starts on Monday, July 15th at 12:00 a.m. PT. Don’t forget you have to be a Prime member in order to take advantage of most of the best deals. The good news is there is a 30-day free trial you can sign up for if you’ve never joined in the past. Prime membership includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Free one-day shipping (recently upgraded from two-day)
- Exclusive Whole Foods discounts
- Deals on unlocked phones
- Prime Video – Unlimited Streaming
- Free access to Prime Music
- Sharing Amazon Prime membership with another adult and up to 4 children
- Early access deals
- Free Release-Date Delivery on eligible orders
- Prime Wardrobe
- Prime Pantry
- Prime reading benefits
Many of the prime membership options are available for separate purchase, but it’s far more economical to simply purchase the main membership. Costs are $119 per year, including all perks and benefits, whereas paying for video alone, for example could cost you $9 per month.
Maximizing Your Prime Day Savings
What’s better than a great deal? Free money to put towards that awesome low price. There are a few things you can do to add a little extra cash to your Prime Day wallet, or at least get a little cash back after you’re done shopping.
- Amazon Photos: Prime offers unlimited photo storage to Prime members. Upload your first photo to get a $15 Amazon credit.
- Amazon Books: Going on a book binge next week? Spend $50 on Amazon Books and get a $10 Amazon gift card you can use in a “store” later on.
- Prime Now: Use code 15PRIMENOW to get $15 off your first Prime Now order, with delivery in under an hour (if your city participates). Just note – Amazon has offered $10 off your first THREE Prime Now orders on past Prime Days, so you may want to wait and see if it is offered again before you use the coupon code.
What’s on Sale on Prime Day?
No one really knows for sure what will be on sale, but it’s safe to say we’ll see tons of Amazon-branded tech products marked down. Amazon has announced there will also be new product launches, with exclusive Prime member deals. Some of the early prime day deals have included:
- RENPHO Smart Body Scales
- Klymit Camping Gear
- Tommy Hilfiger Shoes, Bags & Accessories
- Fire TV Stick (with 2 months of FREE HBO)
- Ring Video Doorbells and a Free Echo Dot
Some of the Prime Day launches will include:
- A FEED USA Limited Edition Tote
- CubCoats Uki the Unicorn 2-in-1 Transforming Hoodie & Soft Plushie
- Pure Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- Art of Sport Men’s Deodorant
- Pinkfong Baby Shark Official Alphabet Bus
- GPS Drones
- Vegetable Spiralizers
- Paw Patrol Toys
- Schwinn Monroe Single-Speed Electric Bike
Start exploring the site now to get an idea of what’s out there. Right now, for example, there’s a deal for 3 months of Audible for $4.95/month (regularly $14.95/mo). That’s a huge savings, and you can easily cancel at any time. You’re going to want to check back often to be sure you don’t miss out on new hot deals. Amazon does offer a few extra tips and tricks to help you out:
- Prime Day Shopping Tips: Watch their videos and earn yourself entries to win the giveaway at the same time!
- Amazon Assistant: Use this tool to get desktop notifications when deals you’ve marked go live.
- Prime Day Guide: This tool gives you extra tips and tricks to maximize Prime Day’s awesome benefits.
Extra Prime Day Fun
This year Amazon has added something extra special, the Prime Day Concert 2019. Presented by Amazon Music, you can watch the concert for a limited time, starting now. Featured artists include Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Becky G, and SZA. Each performed at the Hammerstein Ballroom located in New York City in order to make this event happen.
What Time Does Amazon Prime Day End?
Amazon Prime Day officially ends at 11:59 p.m on Tuesday, July 16th. This makes it the longest prime day ever, clocking in at a full 48 hours. Last year’s event was only 36 hours. Make sure you come back and let us know what you found on Prime Day.
Are you ready for Prime Day? Share your thoughts in the comments below!