You purchased something at Walmart. Then you lost the receipt. There could be several reasons that you want to get a duplicate receipt. How will you go about getting one? Luckily, Walmart provides several options.
Why You Would Want a Duplicate Walmart Receipt
Here are some of the reasons that you might want to know how to get a duplicate receipt from Walmart:
- Perhaps you need to return the item and want the receipt in hand to facilitate that process.
- Maybe you gifted the item but the recipient wants to return it.
- Maybe you scan your receipts each month to look for savings and you no longer have that Walmart receipt.
- Or perhaps you just like to have all of your receipts for your records and you can’t find one for something that you know you purchased at Walmart.
Returns are probably the most common reason that people seek a duplicate Walmart receipt. If you do not have a receipt for your purchase, then you can typically only get a Walmart Gift Card for your return. On the other hand, if you paid cash and have your receipt, then you can typically get cashback. Moreover, if you paid with a credit card and have the receipt, you can usually get the amount refunded directly back to the credit card. In other words, you have more options about how to receive your return refund if you do have a receipt.
How to Get a Duplicate Walmart Receipt
There are several options available to you if you want to get a duplicate Walmart receipt. Before we begin, you should know that it’s far easier to get the receipt if you paid with a credit card. If you paid with debit, gift card, or cash then you still have some options. But, in the future, you might want to pay with a credit card to facilitate accessing duplicate receipts from Walmart.
Use Walmart’s Store Receipt Locator Online
If you paid for your purchase with a credit card, then you can easily go online to get a duplicate receipt. Walmart offers a receipt locator tool. Also called their Receipt Lookup service, it’s a fairly straightforward system for finding and downloading your receipt. Here are the basic steps:
- Go to the website linked here.
- Enter the location of the Walmart store where you made the purchase (such as the city and state).
- Enter the date of the purchase.
- Insert the total amount of the receipt that you’re looking for. (Your credit card statement will provide this and the date of purchase.)
- Enter the last four digits of the credit card that you used to make the purchase.
The tool will find your receipt for you. Then you can download and print it. You now have your duplicate receipt for your records, a store return, or whatever else might motivate you to need a copy.
Use Your Walmart.com Account
If you made your purchase online rather than at a physical location, then you can go to your online account to print a duplicate receipt. Simply find the order in your account history. Expand it to see all of the details. Then print directly from your computer.
And for the future, it might help you to know that you can actually store all Walmart receipts for in-store purchases in an online account. There are two ways to do this. One is to scan the QR code on your receipt at the time of purchase then add it to your online purchase history; here’s how.
The other is to link your phone number with your online Walmart account. Then enter that phone number at checkout. Alternatively, you can use Walmart Pay with your mobile phone. Or you can shop using a credit card that’s store in your Walmart.com account. All of these options will store your in-store Walmart receipts online. Then you can easily print duplicate receipts when you need them.
Call the Walmart Hotline / Customer Care Team
Walmart has an Electronics Payment Hotline. You can use this hotline to get a duplicate receipt for items that you purchased using a credit card or a debit card. Here’s what you’ll need:
- The location of the store where you made the purchase
- The date of the purchase
- The full number from the debit or credit card that you used to make the purchase
- Fax machine to receive the duplicate receipt from Walmart.
The phone number for the Walmart Electronics Payment Hotline is 479-277-2643.
Alternatively, you can contact their 800 number at 1-800-925-6278 (1-800-WALMART). That’s their Customer Care Team number. Their FAQ/help page that provides information on using the Walmart Receipt Lookup took notes that if you made your purchase with a form of payment other than a credit card then this Customer Care number is the best way to get help for a duplicate receipt.
Go to the Store
Another way to get a duplicate receipt from Walmart is to go to the store’s customer service counter. Make sure that you go to the same location where you initially made the purchase. You will still need to know the date of the purchase. You will also need to know the credit card that you used to make the purchase. If you have that information then they can print out a duplicate receipt for you.
How to Make a Walmart Return without a Receipt
Sometimes your efforts will fail. You’ll try to get a duplicate receipt, and you just can’t access one. This is most likely the case if you paid cash for the item. However, you can return some items to Walmart without a receipt. You’ll need to present a photo ID that they’ll store in their system as a way to counteract returns of stolen items.
Once you do that, you can return the item for:
- A replacement of the exact same item
- Cash if the item’s value is less than $25
- Walmart gift card if the item’s value is $25 or over
As you can see, Walmart provides several options to assist you with returns. You can get duplicate receipts fairly easily if you paid with a credit card. Setting up a Walmart.com account will assist you in better storing your receipts in the future.
- What is the Walmart Return Policy on Electronics?
- Walmart Savings Catcher: The Smart Way to Shop
- Walmart’s Bicycle Return Policy (In Plain English)
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started. If you want to be able to customize your blog on your own domain and need hosting service, we recommend trying BlueHost. They offer powerful hosting services for $3.95/month!