Sure, it doesn’t seem like much these days, but you can still do quite a bit with an extra $100. In fact, if you earn and save $100 each month for a year, you’ll end up with $1,200, which can go toward your dream vacation, retirement, or emergency fund. Unfortunately, money doesn’t just fall out of the sky. However, it could be a little easier than you think. We have 100 easy ways to make extra money this month.
100 Ways to Make Extra Money
1. Become a Fitness Trainer or Coach – Do you like working out? You can help others meet their fitness goals either online or in person as a trainer or coach.
2. Pet Sitting – Petsitters can earn hundreds of dollars in just one day, with many charging at least $35/night. Sign up for services like Rover.com and PetSitter.com to start building your client base.
3. Dog Walking – Like petsitting, you can make a bunch of extra cash just walking other people’s dogs.
4. Run Errands – Many people need help running errands. Depending on the service, you can make hundreds of dollars in just one day.
5. Housecleaning – Do you enjoy vacuuming floors or making beds? Then a housecleaning gig could be perfect for you. This is another task that allows you to earn hundreds of dollars in just one day.
6. Earn Cash Back – Sites like Ebates allow you to earn money every time you shop, in the form of cash back. Depending on how much you shop, you can make at least $100 per month.
7. Organizer – Do you have a knack for organization? You can earn money and help those of us who are not, by organizing closets, garages, and other areas of the house.
8. Online Surveys – Get paid to answer questions and take surveys online with sites like Survey Junkie.
9. Virtual Assistant – Help businesses by providing virtual assistant services such as email and appointment management.
10. Writing – You can earn hundreds of dollars every month providing a wide variety of writing services from technical writing to copy writing and even creative writing.
11. Sell Your Creations – You can create decorations and design t-shirts and then sell them online through sites like Etsy.com and TeeSpring.com.
12. Sell Photos – If you enjoy photography, you can sell your pictures on sites like Shutterstock.com
13. Test Products – Many sites will pay you to test products. ProductTestingUSA.com will pay you to test products and mystery shop.
14. Sell Old Clothing and Shoes – Get rid of the clothing and shoes you don’t wear. You can do this either with consignment stores, or with apps online like Poshmark.com
15. Become a Driver – Although there are options like Uber and Lyft for earning money while driving; you can also earn money driving for friends, family members, and people in your community.
16. Babysit – Babysitting is always an easy way to earn money, especially if you love kids. It’s also an easy way to meet your goal of at least $100 per month.
17. Watch Videos – You can earn money watching videos and providing feedback with companies like Vindale Research.
18. Tutor – There is always a high demand for tutors online for a variety of topics and areas.
19. Participate in Mock Trials – Read over details, share your thoughts, and participate in mock trials. These can pay anywhere from $8 to $100, so it’s worth checking out and signing up with sites like Jury Talk and eJury.
20. Rent Your Home – You can earn hundreds, even thousands of dollars per month renting your home or a room in your house with Airbnb.
21. Become a Bookkeeper – Provide business owners with bookkeeping services.
22. Rent Your Car – You can rent out your car to earn extra money each month.
23. Join a Focus Group – Focus groups basically pay you for your opinion, review, or research on anything from products to political campaigns. Some of the online focus groups to check out include FocusGroup.com and Engage Studies.
24. Rent Your Clothing – If you have specialty or designer clothing, you don’t have to sell it, you can rent it out instead.
25. Fix Computers – If you can repair computers, you’ll be able to earn extra money and help people out when they’re in a jam.
26. Give Advice – If you are an expert in any of the 175+ categories on JustAnswer, you can get paid to answer questions and give advice.
27. Have a Garage or Yard Sale – It’s easy to make at least $100 a month with a small garage or yard sale. Plus, it’s a good way to declutter.
28. Peer to Peer Lending – If you have as little as $25, you can get started investing in peer-to-peer lending with sites like Prosper and Lending Club.
29. Invest – Sure, you have to have money to invest, but it’s certainly possible to make at least $100 even with a small amount (even as much as 300% returns).
30. Do Yard Work – No matter what the season or weather, there’s always some kind of yard work you can get paid for.
31. Offer Moving and Packing Services – Lots of people need assistance packing up their belongings and transporting them to new locations.
32. Set Up Holiday Decorations – Yard decorations especially during the holidays is big business. Many people will pay for help getting their homes prepared for Christmas, Halloween, and even Easter.
33. Make Baked Goods – There’s a reason bake sales are so popular. Who doesn’t love baked goods? If you enjoy baking, start selling your pies, cakes, and cookies and make some extra money.
34. Make Meals – It isn’t just baked goods that people want to buy. You can sell ready-made meals for families who are too busy to cook in the evenings, or for handy lunches.
35. Detail Cars – Cleaning and detailing cars can net well over $100 per month. Consider becoming a mobile car detailer who drives to the car rather than having them drive to you.
36. Donate Plasma – Donating plasma is always a great thing to do. It not only helps you earn money, but may also help save someone’s life.
37. Participate in Medical Studies – Participate in a medical study and you not only earn money, but you also help medical research. Sign up with sites like Covance Clinical Trials.
38. Affiliate Marketing – This isn’t an option if you need money quickly, but you can certainly make at least $100 a month in affiliate marketing. If you have a blog, this is definitely something to look into for earning extra money.
39. Sell on Amazon – By buying products at a discount and reselling them on Amazon, you can make a significant amount of money.
40. Resell Unused Gift Cards – Do you have a stack of gift cards laying around that you won’t use? Resell them and earn money with sites like Giftcards.com and Raise.com
41. Return or Resell Technology – Don’t let your old laptops, tablets, and smartphones continue to collect dust in your closet. Resell them through companies like Apple’s Buyback program, Best Buy, and Gazelle.com.
42. Teach English or Another Language – There is a huge demand for English teachers online, and many don’t require a teaching degree. Check out Teachaway.com and International TEFL Academy.
43. Prepare Taxes – You can earn extra money managing and preparing taxes all year – not just at tax time.
44. Fix Cars – Do you know how to repair cars and carry out basic maintenance? Offer your knowledge and services to people who need repairs and oil changes.
45. Help People with Technology – Many people have a difficult time managing their smartphones and computers. You can not only teach them the basics, but you can also help them when they are stuck and unsure of how to operate their devices.
46. Personal Shopping – You can shop for and deliver all kinds of items from groceries to gifts.
47. Offer Services on Fiverr – In order to make an extra $100 a month, you only need 20 gigs. Check it out and see what kinds of services you can provide.
48. Mystery Shopping – Believe it or not, mystery shopping is legit. You can earn money as a mystery shopper with a couple of different companies, including Market Force and BestMark.
49. Couch Surfing – Travelers and digital nomads are always looking for a couch to sleep on, and you can earn money when you rent yours out.
50. Sell CDs and DVDs – Everyone has a stash of CDs and DVDs they don’t listen to or watch. Instead, get rid of them and earn some money. Check out Decluttr.com as well as your local pawn shops and game shops.
51. Search Engine Evaluator – Companies like Appen pay people to evaluate websites and social media pages.
52. Sell for Other People – Don’t have anything left to sell? Why not sell other people’s stuff. Many people have old clothes, shoes, and electronics around the house but they don’t have time to sell it all.
53. Nanny – Like babysitting, you can provide nanny services. It’s similar, but you might also be required to cook, take the children to appointments, and perform other duties.
54. Sell Sperm or Eggs – You may want to check clinics locally, but you can also sign up with companies like NWCryoBank.com if you’re interested in selling sperm or eggs.
55. Resell Books and Textbooks – Get rid of your old books and earn money, especially if you have college textbooks lying around.
56. Do Handywork – Are you handy around the house? Earn money repairing items and even hanging pictures.
57. Assemble and Disassemble Furniture – Not everyone can assemble or disassemble furniture, which is where you come in.
58. Paint – Painting is one of those things that usually needs to be done, but no one has time for. This is something you can do to earn money and help out homeowners.
59. Haul Away Junk – Especially in spring, hauling away junk is big business. Help people get rid of the stuff they’re storing in their attics and garages.
60. Provide Laundry Services – You can either pick up or have clients drop off their laundry. Either way, it’s an easy opportunity to earn extra cash.
61. Search the Internet – Sites like Swagbucks will pay you to search the internet. This is one way to earn money doing something you’d typically be doing anyway.
62. Shopping In-Store – Shopkick pays you with gift cards to shop in-store and online.
63. Online Consulting – Become a consultant with sites like Clarity.fm. You can cover a wide variety of areas from entrepreneurship to social media and SEO.
64. Sell Nude Pics – This isn’t for everyone, but you can definitely get paid to sell your nude pics if you want.
65. Test Websites – Have a couple of extra minutes to test out some websites? UserTesting will pay you.
66. Create an Online Course – There are a number of sites like Udemy, which will allow you to create an online course and earn money.
67. Rent Out Garage – Do you have garage space you aren’t using? Rent it out to someone who doesn’t.
68. Rent Parking Spot or Driveway – Like garage spaces, parking spots and driveways might be rare, depending on where you live. You can earn money renting out these spaces as well.
69. Write and Update Resumes – Are you pretty good with words? Offer your services to write and edit or update resumes.
70. Catering Service – Offer to cater meals for organizations and businesses.
71. Recycle for Yourself and Others – You might not be able to collect enough aluminum to earn enough from recycling. However, you can collect yours and your family and friends’ and be well on your way to an extra $100 this month.
72. Be Someone’s Friend – Believe it or not, with Rent a Friend, you can be paid to be someone’s friend.
73. Surf the Internet – Microsoft Rewards pays you to use your Microsoft Edge as your browser and Bing as your search engine.
74. Download Free Apps – Feature Points allows you to make money downloading free apps and trying them for two minutes.
75. Earn from Ads On Your Phone – You can earn money with apps like Fronto and Slidejoy when you add them to your Android phone lock screen.
76. Let People Watch You Game – Are you a gamer? Twitch allows you to actually make money from your video game footage.
77. Sell Your Hair – Sites like HairSellOn buy hair for people who need it for wigs, extensions, and other things.
78. Watch Video Ads – With App Trailers, you can make extra money just watching video ads for different apps.
79. Editing and Proofreading – Like writing, there is a huge demand for editing and proofreading, especially if you live in a college town.
80. Test Drive Cars – Check with dealerships in your area. Hyundai and Subaru have both had programs where you can earn money for test driving vehicles.
81. Sell Lesson Plans – Teachers and parents who are homeschooling need lesson plans. If you happen to have them or can create them, you can earn extra money.
82. Use Your Voice – Voice over work is used in many places, including audiobooks. Check out sites like Voice Bunny for more information.
83. Use Your Apps – AppKarma will pay you for using your apps.
84. Handwriting and Calligraphy – There are still companies and organizations that will pay you to hand write notes. If you have a specialty like calligraphy you can get paid more. You can find these kinds of opportunities on job boards like Upwork.
85. Deliver for Amazon – You can get paid to deliver Amazon packages.
86. Pooper Scooper – It’s a dirty job, but people will pay you for pet waste removal services. Check the job boards like Indeed.com in your area.
87. Get Healthy – Join challenges that pay you to lose weight and get healthy.
88. Photo Editing – Are you good with filters and photo editing? You can earn extra money just fixing other people’s selfies. Sometimes, stock photo sites will pay you to edit and review images. Otherwise, you can advertise your services yourself.
89. Write Reviews – Swagbucks and InBoxDollars both pay you to write reviews.
90. Data Entry – You can check for data entry opportunities on job boards like Upwork and Indeed. You can also ask business owners in your area if they need any data entry help.
91. Manage Social Media – Are you already on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram? You can get paid to manage these accounts for brands and businesses.
92. Brand Ambassador/Influencer – Check social media, businesses, and your favorite brands to see if they are looking for a brand ambassador or influencer.
93. Online Dating Consultant – There are many ways to make money in the dating world, including providing matchmaking services, online dating consulting, and even assistance writing and creating profiles.
94. Watch TV and Movies – Viggle is an app that will pay you money and rewards for watching your favorite TV shows and movies.
95. Data Analysis for Companies – This is also work you can find by checking with local businesses and job boards. If you’re a numbers person, it’s worth looking into.
96. Customer Service Rep/Call Center – Call center jobs are plentiful and allow you to work from home. Plus, if you’re not into sales, you can also work in customer service just answering questions.
97. Show Off Your City – Visitors can always use a tour guide. If you’re familiar with the greatest spots in your city, you can earn money showing people around town.
98. Rent Out Your Camera Gear – You can rent out nearly anything, including camera gear. There are many sites like Kitsplit, that you can work with, or you can branch out on your own.
99. Umpire – Check the schools and sports organizations in your area to earn money as an umpire or other sports official.
100. Sign Up for Credit Cards – You probably don’t want to do this every month, but you can sign up for a new credit card and earn cash when you meet the spending requirement. For instance, the Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card offers a $150 bonus if you use your card to spend $500 in the first three months. If you make sure you only use your card for purchases you’d make anyway, and pay off your balance in full, you’ll end up with an extra $150.
Be Aware of The Costs
There’s no shortage of information and services available claiming to help you make money fast. Unfortunately, they aren’t always legit. Sometimes, these “opportunities” can even end up costing you more than you make.
First, make sure you are fully aware of the costs to get started with any opportunity. Furthermore, it’s a good idea to compare the costs and expenses of supplies and other equipment you will need. Also, keep in mind that if you’re looking for ways to make an extra $100 a month, there are plenty available that won’t cost you anything.
Read the Fine Print Before Signing Up
Second, be careful of what you are giving up in exchange for the opportunity to make money. Are you okay with the company selling your personal information? Are there privacy concerns? Read the fine print to get a clear idea of whether or not it’s something you are comfortable with.
Taking Time to Earn Extra Money
Most importantly, don’t forget that your time is valuable. Sure, there are multitudes of opportunities out there that will put a couple of dollars in your pocket. However, if it takes you two days of walking the streets in the cold to make $20, you might want to look for something more efficient. At the same time, consider and weigh how much time you are willing to spend away from your family and the things you enjoy doing.
Have you tried any of these? Do you have any tips for making extra money? Share with us in the comments below!
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.