Some years National Honey Glazed Ham Day comes after Easter, and that’s exactly the case in 2018.
So here’s a recipe for the next time you want to bake a ham, no matter what the occasion or craving. This dish affordable and easy to make, yet absolutely juicy and delicious.
The secret lies in the fact that it only calls for four ingredients and at least half of them might already be in your kitchen.
This recipe serves 12 people, and takes only 10 minutes of prep time and up to 2 hours and 40 minutes in the oven.
6 to 8 pounds of fully cooked, smoked bone-in ham
1/4 cup honey of your choice
1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 325┬░ F.
2. Place ham on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast 12 to 16 minutes per pound or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of ham reads 120┬░ F.
3. Remove ham from the oven. Pour out the drippings from the pan. Cut the fat surface of ham lightly in uniform diamond shapes. Cutting the surface of the ham before applying the glaze ensures that the ham catches as much glaze as possible.
4. In a small bowl, mix honey, brown sugar and Dijon mustard. Brush this mixture on the ham.
5. Put the ham back into the oven and roast it uncovered about 20 minutes longer or until the thermometer reads 135┬░ F.
6. Cover the ham with a tent of aluminum foil; let stand for about 10 minutes or until the thermometer reads 140┬░F.
7. Remove the ham from the oven and┬áplace the ham on a carving board or platter face down. Using a sharp carving knife, cut it in half next to the bone.
8. Place boneless side of ham fat side up and cut slices. Cut remaining slices from the bone-in portion, cutting away from the bone.
9. Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy
Note: You can make your ham extra special by adding your favorite fruit preserves or juice to your glaze.
Readers, please let us know how this recipe works out for you after baking it. And how did your guests enjoy the ham?
Read More About Food
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like these other food-related articles in the archives of Saving Advice along with our sibling site, Outlier Model:
- The Top 5 Grilled Cheese Restaurants on the Planet
- Beer-Battered Fish Recipe for National Beer Day
- Healthy Ramen Recipes You Can Start Making Today
- How To Upgrade Your Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- Cheap Paleo Diet Plan and Recipes
- Ways to Cut Costs for Thanksgiving Dinner (Recipes)
- Easy and Cheap Money-Saving Recipes
- Affordable Christmas Dinner Recipe Ideas
- Recipe Idea: Easy Butter Dinner Rolls
- Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Ooey Gooey Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- Recipe Idea: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Recipe Idea: Simple Oil and Vinegar Coleslaw
- Recipe Idea: Lime and Salsa Pork Chops
- Frugal Baked Rockfish Recipes
- Recipe Idea: Garlic Pork Shoulder
- Recipe Idea: Banana Bread
- Recipe Idea: Easy Baked Rockfish
- Recipe Idea: Spicy Green Beans
- Leftover Turkey Recipe Ideas
- Recipe Idea: Mulled Apple Cider
- Recipe Idea: Fresh Tomato Salsa (Pico de Gallo)
- Recipe Idea: Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- Recipe Idea: Gooey Cinnamon Buns
- Recipe Idea: Home-Made Pizza
- Recipe Idea: Easy Slow-Cooker Potatoes
- Recipe Idea: Fried Cabbage
- Recipe Idea: Chili Mac
Get Your FREE Book Now
Enter your name and email address to get your FREE copy of "Guide to Shopping at Costco."