How to Make Money on Amazon
Because Amazon.com has become one of the most-visited sites and the leading online retailer (surpassing even Walmart) more and more people are trying to figure out how to make money on Amazon. Here is a break down of the various ways you can score some cash through the online retailer:
1. Sell on Amazon
Amazon is similar to eBay in the fact that it allows its users to sell items through the site. Unlike eBay, Amazon doesn’t have buyers bid on items but it is still a great way to make money on Amazon.
- Amazon FBA Program – With the Amazon FBA program, you have the potential to make millions of dollars each year. It will take a bit of time to get set up though. You must create a product, partner with a manufacturer and sell your item on Amazon. The key to selling through Amazon FBA is starting your price low, getting good reviews and then adjusting the prices accordingly.
- Amazon Merch and Amazon Handmade – This is Amazon’s answer to Etsy. You can create items (either handmade or designed) and sell them through these two Amazon platforms. It may take a while though as neither of these services is open to the public. To sell your merchandise here you’ll have to apply with Amazon and be approved (which can take some time).
- Amazon Trade-In – Amazon also allows you to trade in your old books. Not all used books are accepted, however, you can search for the book you’d like to trade on Amazon to see if they are accepting trade-ins. You won’t get paid in cash but Amazon will send you a gift card (just as good).
2. Amazon Flex
You may be wondering now how many other ways there are to make money on Amazon. Well, there are quite a few actually. Another great one is Amazon Flex. As you may know, the website has begun to offer same-day delivery for many metropolitan areas. If you live in a highly-populated area you may be able to score yourself a delivery position with Amazon (pays $18 to $25 per hour).
3. Amazon Customer Service
If you don’t mind being on Amazon’s payroll you can also apply to be a member of the Amazon Customer Service team. To work with Amazon’s customer service you will have to be set up to work from home and live in one of the following states: Arizona, Kentucky, Texas, West Virginia, Delaware, Minnesota, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Virginia. Customer service positions with Amazon start out at $10 per hour.
4. Self-Publishing on Amazon
Among the many people wondering “how to make money on Amazon” there are a few writers. If you’re one of them you may consider self-punishing on Amazon. You can write the book and publish it for sale through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. Keep in mind that how-to and advice books sell the best. You’ll also want to promote your work via various social media platforms to up your chances of making a sale.
5. Become an Amazon Reviewer
People have also been making money on Amazon by reviewing items. You can do this one of two ways: become an Amazon Reviewer (this gets you discounts on products or gift cards usually) or get a job as a reviewer through a third-party company. Either way being a reviewer is a great way to get great discounts and possibly even make money on Amazon.
6. Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon launched Mechanical Turk not too long ago, creating yet another way to make money on Amazon. Mechanical Turk is similar to Upwork or Fiverr. People post a job that needs to be done and, if you can do it, you will be paid to do so. Like Upwork and Fiverr, people will review you, which makes it easier for you to pick up new gigs in the future. Some people have made up to $400 extra each week through this service.
7. Amazon Affiliate Income
Last but not least, you can make money on Amazon using Amazon Associates (the affiliate program). You’ll only be able to make money through the site this way if you have an established blog or website of your own. Amazon affiliates provides you links to items that you can plug into the content on your site. Once you’ve done that you simply wait for conversions (click throughs) and you get paid!
Many sites that are trying to make money through Amazon affiliates draft affiliate-specific content (organized and designed to plug affiliate links). You can do this by providing a product review or a list of products that you can link to. Site managers also use image-based links in articles, pointing readers to Amazon through image click throughs.
It will be interesting to see how careers and jobs change as technology grows. There are already a plethora of ways to make money online, including several ways to make money on Amazon. Will you try your hand at one (or more) of these Amazon techniques?
Interested in more information on how to make money on Amazon? Check out the video below.