Costco is the number one wine retailer in the United States, according to The Reverse Wine Snob. What is surprising to see is that the Costco wine prices are just like the rest of the prices in the store – low!
Costco is able to keep wine prices 10 to 20 percent lower than other stores because of its membership model. Each person shopping at Costco pays a membership fee which enables the company to keep prices relatively low. Wine being sold in the store is no exception. Costco has decent wine and most are in the under $20 range.
Costco Wine Prices
So, what are Costco wine prices like? They are cheaper than competitors but how much cheaper? According to The Fermented Fruit, Costco wine prices look like this:
Champagne and Sparkling Wines
- Alma Negra Brut Sparkling Rose Mendoza, $14.99
- Kirkland Signature Brut Champagne, $19.99
- La Marca Prosecco, Italy, $11.99
- Lunetta Prosecco, Italy, $8.49
- Cambria Katherine’s Vineyard Chardonnay, $13.89
- Kirkland Signature Chablis Premier Cru, $14.99
- Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse White Burgundy, $19.89
- Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay, $14.69
- Chalk Hill Sauvignon Blanc, $17.99
- Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc, $7.49
- Kim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, $12.39
- Seaglass Sauvignon Blanc, $7.99
- Cavit Pinot Grigio 1.5L, $10.89
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio, $7.89
- Kirkland Signature Pinot Grigio, $5.99
- J Vineyards Pinot Gris, $9.99 on sale (Was $11.99)
- Chateau Petit Roubie Picpoul de Pinet France, $7.89
- Coppola Sofia Rose, $10.99
- Martin Codax Albarino Spain, $11.99
- Terrazas Reserva Torrontes, $11.99
- Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet, $22.89
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet, $11.89
- Kirkland Signature Alexander Valley Cabernet, $8.99
- Louis Martini Sonoma Cabernet, $11.69
- Apothem Red Blend, $7.39
- Kirkland Signature Rutherford Heritage Napa Valley, $13.89
- Peter Lehman Clancy Red Blend Barossa, $11.59
- Rasha Claret Semi-Sweet Red Wine, $8.49
- Castello D’Albola Chianti Classico, $13,89
- Kirkland Signature Chianti Classico, $8.49
- Piccini Chianti Classico, $12.49
- Villa Antinori Toscana Rosso, $16.69
Spanish & Portuguese Wines
- Altano Douro, $8.89
- Kirkland Signature Reserva Rioja, $6.99
- Mano A Mano Tempranillo, $7.99
- Tres Picos Red Blend, $11.99
- Alamos Malbec Mendoza, $7.39
- Costco Kirkland Signature Malbec, $6.99
- Mendoza Vineyards 1907 Malbec, 9.99
- Tintonegro Malbec Argentina, $10.79
- Bogle Merlot, $7.39
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot, $11.89
- Franciscan Estate Merlot Napa Valley, $13.89
- Kirkland Signature Merlot Columbia Valley, $8.99
Best Costco Wine
Don’t be scared to stray away from the Costco “Kirkland” brand wine either. Many of the Kirkland wines are high quality and usually at 50 percent of the cost of a bottle with the winery’s original label.
Can You Buy Costco Wine Without a Membership?
Technically to shop at Costco you need to have a membership, however, if you really want to get your hands on some Costco wine there are a few ways around the membership.
You can go to Costco with a friend who has a membership. Simply accompany them to Costco as a guest and pay them for your items once you’ve left the checkout lane. This is a legitimate ways to get around paying for a Costco membership. The only problem with this is that sometimes schedules don’t always match up to set up a shopping time. If that’s the case you can purchase gift cards.
Only Costco members can purchase Costco gift cards though so you’ll either have to have someone buy you the gift card that has a membership or buy them secondhand (on eBay or Craigslist). Once you’ve gotten the gift card you can shop at Costco until it has run out. Either way, the savings on Costco wine will be worth the trip!
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
Will you try Costco wine?
For more info on Costco check out these articles.
You can check out our articles for Target as well.