How Much Does Weight Watchers Cost?
There is no definite answer as to how much Weight Watchers costs. It depends on what services you are seeking from the weight loss company. According to the Weight Watchers website, you can pay for your Weight Watchers membership weekly and there are three different types of memberships. Here is each type and the price:
- OnlinePlus Membership: Starting at $3.84 per week. This plan is online only and provides help and support over the internet, through apps and emails.
- Weekly meetings + OnlinePlus: Starting at $8.84 per week (price may vary based on location). You get the same services offered with OnlinePlus but also get to attend weekly meetings at your local Weight Watchers location.
- One-on-One Support + OnlinePlus: Starting at $10.77 per week. You receive the services provided by the OnlinePlus membership and you can receive one-on-one support from a Weight Watchers coach. You can also attend weekly meetings if you’d like.
How to Save Money on Weight Watchers
If you’re asking, “how much does Weight Watchers cost,” you are also probably asking, “how can I save money on Weight Watchers?”
You may want to start the Weight Watchers program after seeing the success of so many others but you may be worried about taking on another expense. You can save money on Weight Watchers though.
- You don’t have to buy Weight Watchers food products. WW sells a number of its own food products at Weight Watchers locations and in the stores. You don’t have to buy their products though. You can make Weight Watchers-friendly meals at home fairly cheap.
- Stick to the basics. If you don’t need the additional support you can simply purchase the cheapest package possible (i.e. only purchase what you need).
- Eat at home. Stop going out to eat. Not only is restaurant food not extremely diet friendly but it isn’t budget friendly either. If you want to save money on Weight Watchers, you’ll want to stay away from eating out.
- Learn and quit the program. Many people learn the program and change their habits and then quit. Once you’ve learned the program you’ll no longer need to pay for the WW services. You simply continue the diet.
- You can skip the fees altogether. There are some forums where users support one another through weight loss. Some of these forums have outlined the Weight Watchers program, eliminating the need to pay for it.
If you are set on doing Weight Watchers and purchasing your program from the company, there are still ways to save some cash.
Weight Watchers Specials
Weight Watchers holds specials throughout the year and will provide new members (and sometimes returning members) with deals. If you want to keep up-to-date on Weight Watchers specials, visit the company’s website. Two of the most common WW deals are “join for free” or “lose 10 pounds on us.” Keep an eye out for these deals if you’re looking to join Weight Watchers this year.
Losing weight doesn’t have to cost a ton of money. You can diet on a budget and be successful in losing and saving this year.
Do you have any other tips on how to save money on Weight Watchers?