"One who restrains his appetites avoids debt." - Chinese Proverb

Albertsons’ Monopoly Game Started for 2016

By , February 4th, 2016 | 26 Comments »

Safeway Monopoly
Do you remember playing Monopoly as a child with your family? Winning pretend money is fun, but imagine how exciting it would be to win real money (or some seriously impressive gifts) playing the property trading activity.

If you missed the chance to win the latest Powerball winnings, there is another opportunity to cash in big this season.

From now through May 3, Albertsons-owned stores, the second largest supermarket chain in North America, is holding its eighth Shop, Play, Win Monopoly promotion. As the company grows, so does the contest. Actually, in 2009, $8,000,000 in prizes was available with $500,000 being the top winnings. The value in prizes this year is twice as much as last year, coming out to more than $165,000,000.

If you’re familiar with McDonald’s Monopoly sweepstakes, then this will easily ring a bell.

There are two ways to enter Albertsons’ Monopoly:

1. Making a purchase in one of the participating stores
    • You cannot receive a ticket for online purchases.
  2. Manual submission via mailing in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to MONOPOLY MON-09 Collect and Win Game Ticket Request
    • You can see more about the rules to entry here.

Things you should know to play:

1. Participants will simply tear off the ticket they receive from the stores (or mail) to reveal the discount or winnings as well as gain four game markers for their Monopoly board.
  2. Match the properties on the board that corresponds to indicated game markers.
  3. There is one winner per game board.
  4. The last date to submit your winning board, despite the event ending May 3, is May 25.

Here is the Albertsons’ Monopoly game board:

Albertsons Monopoly Game Board

Prizes start as low as a $5 grocery gift card and as high as $1,000,000 in cash (only 3 available with certain regulations). Additionally, there are 81 instant winner prizes available including a Blue Man Group Last Vegas show package and a $25 Fandango gift card.

However, chances to win the big rewards are slim, with only three of the big cash prize available and the chain acquiring Safeway Inc. in 2015. Yes, that’s right; if you are a Safeway shopper, you, too, can enter to win this year.  So, while there are more locations to choose from for shopping to obtain games pieces (an additional 2,200 stores), that also means your prospects to win are lower due to the audience growing for the game.

You may find it easier to win some of the other prizes, though, as there are also bonus game tickets available when your purchase specially marked items.

The odds of winning the million dollar cash prize are exceedingly small, according to this 2013 article. And, not to mention, numbers have increased since then, thus decreasing odds even more. In fact, in order to win the jack-pot, you need to find two unique and hard-to-find pieces. But, if you start now, you may find yourself successful. Save yourself some money by taking advantage of the rules, if you are really hopeful this year, and mail in some requests for tickets. It sounds like consistency may be key for this one. Do you feel lucky?

Save More Money in 2018

Coins 1523383 1920

Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (4 votes, average: 4.00 out of 5)

Comments

• James says:

I think the chances of winning these things is so small that you are almost better off putting your money into a bond or stock mutual fund.

• Alfred says:

James,

When they come with groceries you are already buying… doesnt really matter.

Now… if it was McDonald’s game. That’s a different story.

• Beth says:

It took one day for me to acquire every single game piece minus the ones that actually count. I didn’t buy anything different than usual and so it’s no bfd. I don’t expect to win anything so my feelers can’t get hurt. If anybody wants my duplicates just let me know…

• charlie says:

how do I get information on the which tickets are winners in the safeway monopoly game?

• charlie says:

that’s the scam buddy…the oligarchs will N-E-V-E-R give you this information…they want you to spend all of your time pasting these little pieces of paper into their catalogue…remember, this is America, land of the con

T.I.L.I.S. (telling it like it is)

• James White says:

I will pay five cents each for unopened monopoly tickets.
    This is a nationwide contest, so if you know anyone in the USA willing to sell unopened tickets to me, give them my contact info.
    I have to receive the tickets BEFORE I pay you by paypal, because paypal does not allow users to file a claim against individuals, only companies. Or I can send payment by money order.

James

• SGMD says:

Can you upload a higher resolution copy of the gameboard? I cannot read the numbers.

I don’t have a copy of the gameboard and yours is the only one I could find online.

• Andy says:

$25 Gift Card Mall a
      $15 Grocery Gift Card d
      $10 Grocery Gift Card c
      $5 Grocery Gift Card b

• Esther says:

Hi Andy

I can give you a couple of tickets that you have mentioned in your list…
        Which state are you in? Because for the Luxury car, mine do not have f instead have E… Do you have the C for the Luxury car?

• Alberta says:

WOW same ones I need. I have luxury car c not E

• Chris says:

I need monopoly rare A502C aka AC aka C – I have all others for the 100k including the semi-rare A504E . If anyone has it, i’ll split the 100K and may ber able to cover your flight if you want to deliver it in person…

• TY says:

Hi Alberta, Do you still have AC for the luxury car available? Are you willing to sell the ticket or team up? Please let me know, email me at [email protected] or text me at 8085899489. Thank you!

• Vince says:

Hey Andy, I’m assuming for the 100,000 cash you mean your missing D and E? Not F. I have D. I’m missing C and E? Wanna split

• Brittany says:

This might be a dumb question, once you shop how do you receive your game tickets? I can’t seem to figure that out from any of the material. The bottom of my receipt says I have 12 game tickets and I just assumed they would be on my online shopper account. Do we need to bring our receipt back to Safeway Customer Service? Will they accept today’s receipt if I’ve already left the store and come back another day to redeem? Thanks!

• Clare says:

Id say better safe than sorry. The fine print says everything is subject to verification, probably to keep cheaters like these guys from winning. 😉

• Clare says:

The Casiher should give you your tickets with your receipt when you check out, if they didn’t that’s their mistake. I don’t think you can go back and get them as there’s no way to verify you don’t already have them. As for my previous comment, I misread your question at first so my bad. But you should keep your receipts for proof, in case you win.

• Andrea says:

I actually forgot to collect mine once when I went through self checkout once. Next time I went back I took my receipt with me and they were nice enough to give me my tickets. I noticed after that they were initialing and circling the number of tickets on the receipt after being handed out :)~ Good luck.

• James says:

I am looking to purchase any of these tickets for Monopoly prize categories G through Z. If you have any of these ticket numbers and want to sell it, email, call or text me.

Here are the ticket numbers I will buy:

G531A
    V592B
    W597C
    X602D
    Y603A
    Z608B

• Vince says:

James, I’m literally missing the exact same pieces, here in Arizona.
      For the 100,000 need C and E, for 500,000 it’s D and G and for the mill its h and c

• TBZ1 says:

Anyone in San Diego, CA?

I made a Google sheet of the unaffixed pieces, the pieces you’ll need to add to my unaffixed pieces, and the pieces I need to fill my board. https://goo.gl/hCQQCU

• Marci says:

N560
    M556
    L551
    K549
    J544

Let me know, Email [email protected]

Thanks and good luck to everyone 🙂

• Caligirl says:

Does anyone have Z608B? I’ll buy, trade or we can split.

Let me know…[email protected]