Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amarowsky
    replied
    Love hearing people get into making music! It's a lovely hobby that can be practiced & enjoyed the rest of your life.

*I used to have a 1967 Fender Jazzmaster! A friend and I split it back when we were in Highschool (couldn't afford it individually, despite getting a crazy deal @ $600 bucks!). Eventually we had to sell that fender, for money for College. Flipped it from $600 --> $1500 I believe, back in 2006 ish. Totally wish I had that now.... the $750 (my half, before cost) was a lot harder to come by back then. Now I'd pay almost double what we sold it for, and it'd be a deal.

ENJOY THAT FENDER! Careful though, guitars can be an intoxicating and addicting hobby (if you get into collecting them). But I really hope you enjoy learning, it's a ton of fun!!!

FYI - I'm mostly acoustic now. But still keep my eye out for fun, old collector pieces. (really want a fender Jazzmaster, Jaguar, and/or a telecaster). For no particular reason, other than I love them and their history.

Leave a comment:

• owenrules
    replied
    Try to find a channel on youtube and follow it and create your gym at home. You know I guess that during this pandemic those who are managing the gym business are going to lose a lot. People started to look for information about how to train at home and how to eat healthily. We shall see the results. I know that at home we cannot receive the motivation that we get going to the gym. From the beginning, it was a little hard for me too, but now I feel very confident and happy. Actually, I found this yogapractice.com site, there I read a lot about the om symbol and how I can introduce it in my daily life through yoga. I already feel the difference. So you can start practicing it too!
    Last edited by owenrules; 12-15-2020, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Armywife
    replied
    I really like this post! After endless hours searching how to self-care on the social platforms, I am really enjoying re-learning how to crochet! It took some time and plenty of practice but my family has a ton of scarves to color coordinate when the weather gets colder

Leave a comment:

• Snicks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snicks
    replied
    I bought myself a brand new Fender Guitar and Amp and am taking lessons. Enjoying it immensely.

Leave a comment:

• itsmejerry04
    replied
    Even if you have routines inside the house, it is still unavoidable that you get bored and look for something outside.

Leave a comment:

• Fishindude77
    replied
    Spend some time outdoors in the fresh air every day.

Leave a comment:

• amastewa93
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldy1 View Post
    Cooking healthy meals with vegetables. Makes me feel good about that. Hiking
    I'm hoping to get on a hike this week! It has been so rainy.

Leave a comment:

• Goldy1
    replied
    Cooking healthy meals with vegetables. Makes me feel good about that. Hiking

Leave a comment:

• amastewa93
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

That makes getting outdoors even more important. Every day you possibly can, get outside. Take a walk or even just find a place to sit and read a book or play on your phone or something.
    Absolutely! If I could work outside, I would haha. The dog has definitely been getting more walks.

Leave a comment:

• amastewa93
    replied
    Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post

I'm sorry. How much longer?
    Thankfully, my husband is returning to work on Monday so we can go back to some kind of routine again. But the HOA in the building has been debating when they'll lift the restrictions. They are supposed to revisit them June 1st to see if there is a "safe way" to start allowing visitors and reopening the common areas.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by amastewa93 View Post

I wish we had even a balcony or a patio to sit out on. That would probably make this a bit easier.
    That makes getting outdoors even more important. Every day you possibly can, get outside. Take a walk or even just find a place to sit and read a book or play on your phone or something.

Leave a comment:

• LivingAlmostLarge
    replied
    Originally posted by amastewa93 View Post

I wish we had even a balcony or a patio to sit out on. That would probably make this a bit easier. We live in a 500 sq ft studio apartment in a highrise in Atlanta. As you can imagine, all the possible projects to do in the 500 sq ft got finished fairly quickly. Our building has also placed some pretty stiff rules on the residents. We haven't been permitted outside guests at all and we are also not permitted to sit in the common areas right now. Looking at the same four walls will get to you sometimes - haha.
    I'm sorry. How much longer?

Leave a comment:

• amastewa93
    replied
    Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
    I haven't had much of an issue actually.

I have 2 1/2 acres of property at home with lots of fruit trees, berry bushes, a pool, etc.
    So, plenty to keep me occupied at home.

We also have a cabin in the mountains a couple hours from home, so near endless projects to do there.

I haven't had any issues keeping myself busy.
    I wish we had even a balcony or a patio to sit out on. That would probably make this a bit easier. We live in a 500 sq ft studio apartment in a highrise in Atlanta. As you can imagine, all the possible projects to do in the 500 sq ft got finished fairly quickly. Our building has also placed some pretty stiff rules on the residents. We haven't been permitted outside guests at all and we are also not permitted to sit in the common areas right now. Looking at the same four walls will get to you sometimes - haha.

Leave a comment:

• LivingAlmostLarge
    replied
    Walking a lot even in the rain and cold. I always walked the dog but he's getting longer and longer walks to move me into gear and to just mentally come back. I listen to podcasts a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X