Announcement

Collapse

User Blogs Under Repair

SA Community,

The Savingadvice.com tech team is aware of an ongoing issue impacting the SA user blogs.

We anticipate a fix for this issue by close of business on Monday the 19th, if not sooner.

Apologies for this - we know the community works very hard to make SA be a great resource for everyone.

Questions regarding the status of the fix can be direct to Jon or James, emails are: jon@districtmediafinance.com or james@districtmediafinance.com
See more
See less

Toys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    That doesn't explain why they're more crash-prone.

Perhaps Singuy's post was supposed to say "crash-proof".
    The $1,000 drones are not more crash prone. They pretty much fly themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by corn18 View Post
      The $1,000 drones are not more crash prone. They pretty much fly themselves.
      How does that work? Do you program a flight pattern somehow? That's pretty cool if you want to get aerial video.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
        How does that work? Do you program a flight pattern somehow? That's pretty cool if you want to get aerial video.
        you can. it's almost like setting the pattern in google maps. You need to buy higher end controllers for that. Either set flight patterns or fly yourself. If there's a gopro or camera connected, you can see the output on your controller

They have first person drone races which is becoming popular.

Comment

Yeah I mean to say crash proof

Comment

My motorcycle is my toy
            Used to play with a remote control car with my son Figured it was not my piece of cake Dron is a great Idea, my close friend bought one for $1000, very proud of his toy. $40 must be real small or chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
              I have a cub cadet 5000 series backhoe and loader with a 3 cylinder diesel. 4 wheel drive. Comes in super handy. I've re landscaped a retaining wall, dug trenches for my gutters, spread gravel around my driveway, excavated for my pool, and plowed snow with it. I couldn't imagine doing all that by hand.
              I'm leaning towards a full size Case or JD unit. We live on a big farm, have lots of projects I could take care of with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishindude77 View Post
                I'm leaning towards a full size Case or JD unit. We live on a big farm, have lots of projects I could take care of with it.
                I only have a few acres, so the compact model is perfect. Plus it fits nicely in the garage if you take the ROPS down.
                Brian

Comment

I'm in the middle of building myself a RetroPie gaming set up. I really wanted a NES Classic, but I couldn't get my hands on one at retail price, and since they've been discontinued, the price on the secondary market has sky rocketed. Someone at work suggested looking into installing RetroPie on a Raspberry Pi, which would let me play all my old Nintendo favorites from my childhood as well as games from several other gaming systems. I might even be able to get TI99/4A games on it, which were the first video games I ever played.

So far, I've got a Raspberry Pi with RetroPi installed and two wireless controllers set up. I can play Bubble Bobble and Tetris on it, so I'm happy. Getting it to this point was much easier than I thought it would be. Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to buy a case for it or try to get my old, broken NES to work as a case. I've found videos of other people doing what I want to do, but working with hardware is a bit outside of my comfort zone.

Comment

My next toy will be a wave runner. I plan on selling my motorcycle and scooter, and buying a used Yamaha.

Comment

Working...
                    X