Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msomnipotent
    replied
    My next toy will be a wave runner. I plan on selling my motorcycle and scooter, and buying a used Yamaha.

Leave a comment:

• phantom
    replied
    I'm in the middle of building myself a RetroPie gaming set up. I really wanted a NES Classic, but I couldn't get my hands on one at retail price, and since they've been discontinued, the price on the secondary market has sky rocketed. Someone at work suggested looking into installing RetroPie on a Raspberry Pi, which would let me play all my old Nintendo favorites from my childhood as well as games from several other gaming systems. I might even be able to get TI99/4A games on it, which were the first video games I ever played.

So far, I've got a Raspberry Pi with RetroPi installed and two wireless controllers set up. I can play Bubble Bobble and Tetris on it, so I'm happy. Getting it to this point was much easier than I thought it would be. Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to buy a case for it or try to get my old, broken NES to work as a case. I've found videos of other people doing what I want to do, but working with hardware is a bit outside of my comfort zone.

Leave a comment:

• bjl584
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishindude77 View Post
    I'm leaning towards a full size Case or JD unit. We live on a big farm, have lots of projects I could take care of with it.
    I only have a few acres, so the compact model is perfect. Plus it fits nicely in the garage if you take the ROPS down.

Leave a comment:

• Fishindude77
    replied
    Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
    I have a cub cadet 5000 series backhoe and loader with a 3 cylinder diesel. 4 wheel drive. Comes in super handy. I've re landscaped a retaining wall, dug trenches for my gutters, spread gravel around my driveway, excavated for my pool, and plowed snow with it. I couldn't imagine doing all that by hand.
    I'm leaning towards a full size Case or JD unit. We live on a big farm, have lots of projects I could take care of with it.

Leave a comment:

• NicolasR
    replied
    My motorcycle is my toy
    Used to play with a remote control car with my son Figured it was not my piece of cake Dron is a great Idea, my close friend bought one for $1000, very proud of his toy. $40 must be real small or chinese.

Leave a comment:

• Singuy
    replied
    Yeah I mean to say crash proof

Leave a comment:

• ~bs
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    How does that work? Do you program a flight pattern somehow? That's pretty cool if you want to get aerial video.
    you can. it's almost like setting the pattern in google maps. You need to buy higher end controllers for that. Either set flight patterns or fly yourself. If there's a gopro or camera connected, you can see the output on your controller

They have first person drone races which is becoming popular.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by corn18 View Post
    The $1,000 drones are not more crash prone. They pretty much fly themselves.
    How does that work? Do you program a flight pattern somehow? That's pretty cool if you want to get aerial video.

Leave a comment:

• corn18
    replied
    That doesn't explain why they're more crash-prone.

Perhaps Singuy's post was supposed to say "crash-proof".
    The $1,000 drones are not more crash prone. They pretty much fly themselves.

Leave a comment:

• ~bs
    replied
    probably. the crappier drones once they start losing their lock aren't smart enough to return home, and can keep flying straight right over the horizon. lol

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by corn18 View Post
    The more expensive ones have GPS. They launch on their own. fly on their own and then return to home on their own. Not much fun if you are buying one to fly it. Great fun if you are worried about losing your $1000 drone.
    That doesn't explain why they're more crash-prone.

Perhaps Singuy's post was supposed to say "crash-proof".

Leave a comment:

• corn18
    replied
    I'm curious why the more expensive drones are more crash-prone. I guess I would expect just the opposite to be true.
    The more expensive ones have GPS. They launch on their own. fly on their own and then return to home on their own. Not much fun if you are buying one to fly it. Great fun if you are worried about losing your $1000 drone.

Leave a comment:

• ~bs
    replied
    more guns.

some interests - 454 casull revolver. my father likes to go fishing in Alaska, and I'm trying to spend more time with him. been around bears, which can be dangerous, but they do tend to avoid people. nowadays I prefer to be better prepared than to have begging the bear to stop biting me as my only resort. So I'd bring that as a defensive piece.

winchester lever action carbine in .357/.38 - because it's fun
    Last edited by ~bs; 06-13-2017, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bjl584
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishindude77 View Post
    I like my big boy toys. Next on my list is a backhoe, but not until we add on to the barn so it can be kept under roof.
    I have a cub cadet 5000 series backhoe and loader with a 3 cylinder diesel. 4 wheel drive. Comes in super handy. I've re landscaped a retaining wall, dug trenches for my gutters, spread gravel around my driveway, excavated for my pool, and plowed snow with it. I couldn't imagine doing all that by hand.

Leave a comment:

• MooseBucks
    replied
    I'm curious why the more expensive drones are more crash-prone. I guess I would expect just the opposite to be true.
    I agree. I've seen one in the higher price fly before and it went out too far and autopilot took over and flew it back. I have to say I was amazed at the technology.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X