No announcement yet.

What was your first job ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first job was in Gr. 5, as a paper delivery boy.. $150 a month, I supplemented by getting more flyers from near by stores and slipping it into the paper. I guess that's my first 'aligned' business model. Lol.

Comment

I cleaned motel rooms when I was 16. I don't remember what the pay rate was.

Comment

$5.25 for washing dishes at 14.
        LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

washed floor at my dad's firm was my first money earned!

Comment

I can't remember if it was fast food or swap meet (folding t-shirts).

I'm a big believer in everyone experiencing blue-collar/minimum wage work. It's good for the soul.

Comment

My first job

My first job was at McDonald's and I made $3.75 a hour. At the time my mom made me put up half my check but other than that she didn't teach me financial responsibilities like balancing my checkbook, why I should be saving etc.

Comment

Babysitting for .25 - .50 cents an hour.

Comment

Bagger in a grocery store, mid-1970s, when young women doing that job was unheard of. Bagged groceries, loaded them in trunks, collected carts off parking lot, etc.

The chain of stores had been "reprimanded" for discriminating against women, so they hired two of us teen women on the spot when we applied. Later I found out that they were paying more to the young men hired for the exact same job the exact same day.
                  "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Joan.of.the.Arch View Post
                    Bagger in a grocery store, mid-1970s, when young women doing that job was unheard of. Bagged groceries, loaded them in trunks, collected carts off parking lot, etc.

The chain of stores had been "reprimanded" for discriminating against women, so they hired two of us teen women on the spot when we applied. Later I found out that they were paying more to the young men hired for the exact same job the exact same day.
                    And paper bags at that! I remember well!

Comment

I was a toilet genie in Bombay.
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                      X